S1 Week 1 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by bravejaf, Jul 18, 2013.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Please post game summaries in this section. Game summaries are required for all user vs user victories, and strongly encouraged for other games.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]

Braxton Miller started his Heisman campaign with an interception on the first drive, but he rebounded from the mistake. The Buckeyes QB had a strong performance in this game with three passing touchdowns and a rushing score. Miller finished with 207 passing yards and 99 rushing yards. The play of the game occurred right before halftime. Miller tossed up a Hail Mary pass to Devin Smith and Smith made the grab in the end zone with no time on the clock. Cornerback Armani Reeves nabbed a pick six in the fourth quarter to secure the victory. OSU wins its first game 38-14.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Roll Damn TIDE!!!
    [​IMG]
    HOOVER, Ala, (AP) - Back to business as usual. Fresh off their BLOWOUT victory over then #1 ranked Notre Dame in the BCS National Championship game, the #1 ranked Cremson Tide opened continuing their blowing ways by demolishing the #9 ranked defending ACC champs, Clemson Tigers. Saban left the field and refused to offer more than a "Both teams played hard, on to week 2" comment when reporters tried to get a minute of his time. Assistants claim he went straight to his office to gameplay for the upcoming week....what a douche...But, Newly appointed HC CTfromDC was willing to sit down with our sideline and ESPN correspondent Jamele Hill for a quickie.​
    Jamele: Coach CT, that was pretty brutal, what happened.​
    Coach CT: Honestly, I don't even know. I was apm'd for this game, we were amp'd for this game. I tried to get these men ready, we were prepared, eager, anxious...I had a drink or two or three or four to try and settle the nerves. It's not everyday you get to de-throne the champs. It wasn't meant to be today.​
    Jamele: Rightttt...What was going on in your head going into halftime down 21-0?​
    Coach CT: By that time, I started to sober up Jamele, off the no bullshit, all I remember is running off the field and looking up at someone in the stands pointing a cell phone at me and hearing them yelling "WORLDSTAR!!!" Where the hell they do that at? In Alabama I guess.​
    Jamele: OMG!, that sucks! Hahaha. Did you change up your gameplan at least?​
    Coach CT: We had too! We became one dimensional. We had a chance to put up 7 but their D stopped us on that 4th and goal from the 1, the momentum was all theirs. Didn't help that we were on the road. I'm proud of these men though, they showed guts and refused to get shutout, came up with big plays in the 4th.​
    Jamele: Its only week 1, there is alot of season left, how do you bounce back from this loss?​
    Coach CT: Well, we have LSU next week at home for our opener, with a chance to set the record straight. Those guys have a great program and are coming off of a tough loss to us in the Chik-Fil-A Bowl last year. They will be prepared, I just have to make sure we are. ​
    Jamele: Thanks for your time, Good luck Coach.​
    Coach CT: Thanks. ​
    [​IMG]
    DOOR SLAMMED! Clemson throws in the towel against Alabama...
    Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  4. ElectrifiedZombies

ElectrifiedZombies Walk On

Week 1-Michigan VS. Mizzou Tigers

Michigan came away with the win thanks to great defensive play by the starters through 3 quarters the Wolverines were up 31-7 over three quarters when 2nd stringers on both sides of the ball came in and R.Bellomy made a little run and had two touchdown throws. But in the end the starters on offense came back in with the score 31-23 and F. Toussaint closed the door rushing for a first down with a minute left and mizzou with no timeouts left helping the Wolverines hold on to first victory and first road win of the season.

DPOG-J.Lewis: 3INTS 1 DEF
    OPOG-D.Gardner: 17-21 252 2 TDs 1INT

Rushing Michigan-F. Toussaint- 21 ATT 91 YRDS 1 TD
    D. GREEN-7 ATT 21 YRDS 1 TD

MIZZOU RUSHING- J.FRANKLIN 8 ATT 33 YRDS 1 TD
    H.JOSEY 2 ATT 11 YRDS

PASSING MIZZOU- J. FRANKLIN 21-35 276 2 TD 5 INT

RECEIVING MIZZOU- D. WHITE 6 REC 62 YRDS
    L.WASHINGTON 5 REC 127 YRDS

MICHIGAN RECIEVING- D. FUNCHESS 5 REC 75 YRDS
    J. CHESSON 3 REC 64 YRDS 1 TD
    J.GALLON 3 REC 57 YRDS
    A. DARBOH 2 REC 41 YRDS 1 TD

• Like Like x 1
  5. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Florida State Wins a Classic in Wisconsin
    [​IMG]
    Tallahassee, FL -- When QB Jameis Winston announced his decision to attend Florida State University, Seminole nation went crazy. Many view him as a much bigger, more athletic version of former heisman QB Charlie Ward. Winston still has much to prove though in the state's capital, and it would all start with a tough trip to Wisconsin where he would be faced with taking on MLB Chris Borland and the Badgers defense.

Wisconsin would open this game with the ball, and early on looked like they would have their way with the Seminole D. Badger RB James White would pound the ball constantly to start this game. Chewing clock and pounding the rock looked to be the early task for the Badger offense. Their first drive was a total of five minutes. A great mix of run/pass plays that kept FSU on their heels. That, however; would end abruptly when sophomore DB Ronald Darby got a nice jump on a ball and would force the interception. Enter, Jameis Winston. Winston would have a stellar day and an amazing start to his young career. He led his team down the field early on, along with junior RB James Wilder Jr. They would march down to the Badger 15, but a nice 3rd down stop by “Al” Borland and Co. would only lead to 3 points. Wisconsin would then give the ball right back to the Noles, when they were forced in a quick 3 and out. James Wilder would make them pay a couple minutes later when he found pay dirt from 16 yards out. The Badgers would put up 3 points before the half, which made it 10-3 Noles at the break.

The Seminoles started the second half the way that Wisconsin started the game. A heavy dose of James Wilder, mixed in with a couple key 3rd down passes by Winston. The Seminoles ate up 5:30 minutes of the third before Winston hooked up with Rashad Greene from 14 yards out. Wisconsin, however; would quickly answer, as they did all day, when QB Curt Phillips scored from 4 yards out on a QB option play. It was all set up for a historic ending going into the 4th, 17-10 FSU after three.

Jameis Winston knew he would have to face some adversity at some point, he had just hoped it didn’t show up today. On their ensuing possession, and first of the 4th quarter, Winston dropped back for a pass and got his arm hit. Out popped the ball and the Badgers recovered and were in business. Phillips wouldn’t waste much time when a couple plays later he found WR Jared Abbrederis from 21 yards out to even things up, 17-17 with 5 minutes left in the game. The Seminoles would then march back down the field and get into Badger territory. James Wilder Jr., who had been solid all day long, would then pick the worst timing ever to make his first mistake of the young season. Wilder tried to make a cut back inside, got hit, and dropped the ball. This time, it was picked up by a Badger who had a ton of speed. DB Devin Gaulden scooped the football and raced 71 yards until he was in the red painted endzone. Gaulden gave the Badger their first lead of the day with only 3 minutes remaining, 24-17 Wisconsin.Jameis Winston knew what his task was and what he had to do. And he only had a short time to do it. Winston led his team down the field like a field general. Not abandoning the run, yet making clutch passes when needed. With only 40 seconds left, it would pay off. He was able to find WR Kenny Shaw for the game tying touchdown. Wisconsin was unable to do anything with the few second left, so to overtime we went!

Wisconsingot the ball first to start the overtime period. The Seminole defense played huge in the overtime and held the Badgers to only 3 points, 27-24 Wisconsin. FSU then knew what they had to do, find the endzone and win it or at worst head to another OT with a field goal. The Seminoles would have none of that. James Wilder Jr. would find the endzone on a little 3 yard scamper, and the #14 ranked Florida State Seminoles would leave Wisconsin with a 30-27 win in one of the best opening games you’ll ever see!!

Key Stats:

FSU – WR Rashad Greene: 5 catches, 128 yards, 1 TD
    WR Kenny Shaw: 7 catches, 108 yards, 1 TD
    RB James Wilder Jr: 23 carries, 133 yards, 1 TD
    DT Tommy Jernigan: 6 tackles, 4 sacks

WIS – QB Curt Phillips: 15 of 21, 259 yards, 1TD, 1 INT
    WR Jared Abbrederis: 4 catches, 89 yards, 1TD

Player of the Game:

FSU – QB Jameis Winston: 18 for 20, 270 yards, 2 TDs, QBR = 283.5

[​IMG]
    Player of the Game Jameis Winston rolling out during game.

[​IMG]
    James Wilder Jr. celebrating game winning TD.

GREAT GAME!! G_T_G .... Glad we were able to kick this thing off with such a classic game.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  6. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Good game, ThaBayouChef - Your offense was pretty dominate outside of that strip I had.

You just have the more talented guys right now - that TD catch and first TD runs were pretty beastly.

What's funny is the corner who picked up the strip and scored had been getting beat the entire game - I was hoping after that he would pick up his game even more - didn't happen. Had a lot of trouble getting you off the field, and the time of possession showed that.

Throwing for 88% and no picks with 2 TDs is pretty impressive - that's why I picked him for Freshman Player of The Year.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Precciate it man. You hung in like a champ bro. Some people would give up being down 17-3 late in the game and you put up a hell of a fight! Your offense is pretty nice too. That RB you have is pretty dam quick. I was surprised when I looked at his numbers at the end of the game, seemed like he hurt me a lot more than his stats showed. Good luck this season man. You never know, if we both run the table we could meet up in the national champ! LOL. If not, see you in Tallahassee next year!

• Like Like x 1
  8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

It looks like the Game of the Week lived up to the hype. Nice write-up on the summary.

I am sad to see Bama take down Clemson as I was hoping to take the top spot in next week's poll.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

:facepalm: SMDH, You coulda found another celebratory pic mane, IJS

• Like Like x 2
  10. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Lmfao! Didn't even look at it like that til now. Haha. Should have inserted a classic "no homo" beneath the pic. Lol :banghead:

• Like Like x 1
  11. gnittio

gnittio Walk On

In his first game has head coach of the Georgia Tech YellowJackets Coach Frank Nitty's team earned a 10-24 victory over the 11th ranked Louisville Cardinals. "It was a hard fought defensive battle and we were fortunate to win against such a good team. However, if we expect to go undefeated and we do, we're going to need to improve on both sides of the ball." state coach Nitty.

The Ramblin' Wreck drove for a touchdown on their first drive and then senior CB Louis Young intercepted Bridgewater's second pass. They had to settle for a field goal.

Bridgewater and the Cardinals tied the game and tried to take the lead to go into the second half, but the YellowJacket defense stood strong. They received the second half kickoff and eventually went up 10-17. Tech's defense kept the Cardinals at bay for the rest of the game. With 32 seconds left on the clock Tech scored another touchdown.
    [​IMG]

When asked he ran up the score late in the fourth quarter coach Nitty answered, "That running play was called in order to get us to the middle of the field to secure the lead with a last minute field goal. Who knew it would end up being a touchdown?" Senior RB Robert Godhigh said, "I saw the endzone wide open . . . I couldn't help it . . . I had to score."

12. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

VT 56
    Houston 38

The Hokies' first game under the direction of Coach Eric Vaughn, was an unexpected nuisance. On the first drive of the game, Houston drove down on a blown run assignment, to go up 7-0 on the stunned and heavily favored team, but that wasn't the shocker. The next series on VT's first offensive drive, QB Logan Thomas throws a pass and gets it picked off the tip, and returned down inside the 20 to setup the Cougars for a chance to go up 14, but the highly touted defense held strong forcing a FG. VT takes the ball off the kickoff and begins to work their system until Logan Thomas is picked off again, this time it was a forced throw and completely on the shoulders of the SR QB. Houston wastes absolutely no time in toss the ball around to move ahead with another TD to go up 17-0 on the Hokies.

And then, someone finally decided to play some ball on Saturday as the Hokies went on to just lay it on the Cougars offensively putting up 633 yards total offense.

Coach Vaughn had this to say after the game. "We were lucky today, we were lucky we weren't facing a top tier program, we were lucky to be able to rally. Am I glad we won? Yes. Am I happy with the win? Absolutely not. Sometimes winning will numb the pain of getting tore up on the field, and I hope these guys don't forget that first quarter all week, and I am sure they won't as I will be playing loops of it's highlights for Houston on the tv's in the locker rooms and throughout the athletic facilities. To be where we want, to play at the level we want, you DO NOT start games like that. You do that against an Alabama, Ohio State, Oregon, and other schools of that caliber and you don't recover."

[​IMG]

13. boil16

boil16 Walk On

Nebraska Takes Care of Kansas State 47-17

Taylor Martinez had a modest day passing going 9/14 for 162 yds and a TD but was spectacular on the ground with 13 carries for 121 yds and a TD. Ameer Abdullah had a big day with 111 yds on 19 carries with 3 TDs. Kenny Bell led the way for the receivers with 5 catches for 103 yds. The Blackshirts did well to hold a good offense to 17 points on the day. True Freshman Terrell Newby had a great opening to his career with a couple big kick returns and added 40 yds rushing on 6 carries with a TD. Things are looking up for this kid. Head Coach Dirk Diggler wasn't satisfied though, "Too many mental errors today, we need to focus on our task this week, we've got a tough game ahead with Georgia Tech."