S1, Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

S1, Week 1

Ok everyone I switched myself over to UConn, did his schedule and switched back. Everyone should have their stuff done by now. KoG I will give you until Week 2 to get in here and be active on the boards. If not you will forfeit your spot to someone else.

The season is here!

Big Matchups Week 1

#5 Boise State @ Rutgers (fuzzy)

#23 Utah @ Maryland (mkeller)

#8 TCU @ Auburn

#22 North Carolina @ #17 LSU

Notre Dame @ #7 Virginia Tech

Everyone remember to do their Content Assignments, Turn OFF all Recruit Plan settings, Write up a Game Summary, and last but not least HAVE FUN!!

Advance will be no later than Monday at 12pm EST.

2. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

So so so sorry guys , I was on vacation in Savannah for a couple of days and just got home a couple of hours ago.I'm excited to get this season going!

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

No problem man, just next time warn me you are going out of town on release week lol

That goes for all of you...you MUST MUST MUST let me know if you are going out of town.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

only 3 games left, we are FLYING through this week. Think we can get to Week 2 tomorrow?

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

lol These sliders are clearly way to easy. Stanford just BLEW OUT one of the best teams in the game. At this rate half of us will go undefeated. An A- team did not even challenge Stanford.

6. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I agree, though I am terrible when it comes to adjusting sliders, any suggestions?

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Based on the Experience league testing, maybe just something like bumping CPU running ability up slightly. I dont think it will take much.

8. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

It depends on the team for me. Good running teams can run the ball on me, like Iowa and Wisconsin. Bad teams can't. I wouldn't be opposed to bumping it up ever so slightly however.

9. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I just played a game on heisman, Arizona vs Penn State, me as Arizona. I lost on a last second field goal. I'm thinking maybe heisman-like sliders are the way to go. I think the run defense for the CPU on heisman needs to be toned down slightly because the D-lineman seem to pop off their blocks instantly and running between the tackles is near impossible, then again I was playing as Arizona. I had no trouble throwing the ball, and neither did the CPU.

I think we should stick with our AA level, but maybe bump up the CPU offensive sliders a bit and not touch the human sliders. Maybe pump up the CPU defensive sliders too because running was fairly easy. I don't know, what do you guys think?

10. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I just finished my game against Utah where I won 20-14 on a last drive tipped pass for 6 (you'll see the game video to see why.)

Anyway, as this relates to the CPU, I thought the pass coverage was good by the CPU actually. You'll see early in the game he jumped two of my passes and picked them off.

What I didn't like was the continued thread in NCAA in general that my guys drop key passes, my best WR and impact player no less. It really irks me, especially when I never see the CPU dropping any passes. I feel like the WR catching could use a bump, but I realize I probably feel alone in this regard.

CPU running could probably use to be bumped up a tad. Also, I know in my offline games the CPU field goal kicking is INSANE. They routinely hit 55yarders. Anyone else thought of this?

Also I didn't think running the ball was too easy. If you mix up your run calls and run more than just your best 3 running plays, I think you get pretty good results. I had 29 rushes for 99 yards in my game against Utah. Now I ran some triple option so those numbers may be deflated a bit but still those are pretty good numbers in my opinion.

11. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

lol i must suck, i was struggling with Buffalo

but i usually play on heisman, its tougher, but i believe its tougher because the cpu boosts your opponents attributes......

12. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Here is my opinion about what we should do. From what everyone has said in various leagues about the CPU I think we should bump CPU running up 5 points and leave everything else as it is for now and give it a couple weeks to see how things play out. I know that the game was designed in a way that team matchups matter, so the fact that Stanford routed Boise st may just be a matter of Stanford being a tough team for a Boise-like team to beat, and also cringle might be pretty good at this game. I think we at least have to give it a couple weeks to see if this is a consistent problem. The next couple weeks are user games anyway so it wont matter for a while.

13. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

The delta between All American and Heisman is INSANE this year. In another OD, we are playing on Heisman difficulty, and I'm not sure about the sliders. I think they are default. Anyway, I'm VT, and week 1 I barely managed a win against Fresno State (21-17). In week 2, I lose to Western Michigan 0-13! Embarrassing.

Also, for anyone that doesn't know..

ALERT! If you run the PA Boot Screen you're QB will run backwards for 20 yards before turning around to pass!! This is a major glitch that I am amazed slipped through their testing procedures. Do NOT run PA Boot screens until a patch comes out. Just a head's up.

14. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

It's always been a pretty big jump between the two which is why my leagues have always played on AA with adjusted sliders.

As for the PA glitch, they were supposed to have fixed that with the first patch, but as everyone has noticed they obviously didn't haha.

15. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

I don't have a lot to say on the matter. I am still terrible in the passing game for some reason (probably stuck in NCAA 10 world). But I felt my game was pretty realistic. Vandy did very well and were tied with me throughout the first half (and team ratings were very even).

But I am probably still bad at the game.

16. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

Yeah I suck. Luckily my wk1 opponent was lowly EMU and I ended up winning big but it was actually more of a struggle then the score indicates and I was sloppy throughout stumbling to the win. Tough for me to even navigate the menus and call plays etc. Nothing like madden. I constantly battle getting delay of game and getting sacked by even crappy cpu teams once I do snap the ball on time lol.

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

I have played some Play Now games with adjusted sliders. I will most likely bump up CPU RB Ability, lower their FG Power/Accuracy and lower both teams QB Accuracy and WR Catching. I find it too easy to complete passes on both teams and too easy to stuff the run. I noticed if I bumped up the CPU RB Ability and lowered the USER Rush Defense then the CPU dominated the run game, so only RB Ability with be raised.

With Michigan State I noticed it is too easy to run the ball, easily gainined 5-7 yards per carry. Any thoughts on if I should lower Run Block. One thing is for certain though, the sliders cannot be messed with too much or the CPU will begin to dominate.

I played as Michigan State vs Ole Miss and lost 21-23. The CPU Pass Rush also seemed crazy good because I was constantly being flushed out of the pocket, even once resulting in a safety. What is everyone's thoughts on this?

18. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Boise St should CRUSH any team in this league, they should lose by 3 at best if you play your ass off

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

well the next couple of weeks the sliders won't apply because we have tons of user games..so we have a little bit of time to sort things out