(S1) Week 11 Results - Post in here!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Paytonno1son, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

(S1) Week 11 Results - Post in here!

Clemson 34 - FSU 20

Coach P may now be regreting to take over coaching duties for his conference rivals. Nothing would go right as Christian Ponder looked Chris Rix-esque in his performance, throwing 5 INT's trying to get back into this one. Coach P at his press conference had this to say, "Ponder will get better. It's not to long ago that I had similar problems with Kyle Parker. And boy, look at him now!".

FSU will finish up with some big games against Maryland and Florida.

2. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Took care of Miss State 34-25

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

i will play this evening

4. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

The Blackshirts stepped up for me in this one. They had to because the offense really struggled. Nebraska was able to shut out Kansas, 17-0.

5. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

UNC Defeats Virginia Tech 35-17

This was a defensive battle for the most part. The leading passer in terms of yards per game had trouble finding the open man early, as Virginia Tech sacked QB Brynner early and often. Virginia Tech would move the ball down the field twice with timely runs, but would cough up the ball on vicious hits by the swarming Tar Heels defense.

UNC finally caught a break with a pick-6. VTech would answer with a fg with about a minute left in the second quarter. Trying to score quickly before the half, the worst case scenario happened as UNC's QB would throw a pick-6. However, working with only 30 seconds and 1 timeout, UNC would complete four straight passes, with the last one being a long bomb that senior WR Greg Little somehow managed to pull in at the 1 yard line before stepping out of bounds. Faced with a 1st and goal from 1 yard out with 4 seconds remaining and no timeout, UNC's coach decided to roll the dice and call a run up the gut. HB Draughn was hit in the backfield immediately, but somehow fought off the tackle and rolled into the endzone. 14-10 UNC at halftime.

The second half was another defensive battle, with both teams refusing to give an inch. The Tar Heels would find the endzone later on to take a 21-10 lead, but the Hokies would answer right back with pinpoint passing to close the margin to 21-17. The Tar Heels would go on a time-killing drive, completing one first downs after another with tough running and precise short passes. UNC moved the ball to the Hokies 2 yard line with 1 minute left. (At this point, onaradio34 lagged out and lost connection. the game in general had random hiccups here and there, affecting both sides to be honest.) UNC would punch the ball in and go up 28-17. On the ensuing drive, the Hokie's QB would be sacked and stripped of the ball, resulting in a fumble recovery for a TD. UNC 35, Vtech 17.

Good game onaradio! Definitely my toughest user game so far this season, as moving the ball down the field was a pain in the you-know-what! My team is built for the pass this season and I really had to do a complete 180 and turn to the run game. I'm just glad the adjustment didn't backfire. I'm still kicking myself on some of those long passes though...a dropped pass here, an overthrown ball there...I had the coverage beat too :( However, if it wasn't for yourfumbles this could have been a different ballgame. I look forward to our match-up next season man, good luck (not like you need it with that recruiting class)!(y)

6. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

You ran up the score on my corpse!!! Lol.

It was a really good game until your HB went beastly on me that drive. That was such a kick in the teeth. Like you said after the game though, the TD right before halftime really deflated my guys.

Not sure what the deal with the connection was. That's the second D/C I've had this season. I kinda thought it might be coming with the quick freezes but vs Drow we didn't have any issues.

Anyway, look forward to getting you in Blacksburg next season.

7. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Yeah that's weird man, it's the second straight user game where my guy got disconnected. In my Z2H league, my guy lost connection three times.

Do you have wireless or are you using a cable? I have wireless and my ps3 is RIGHT NEXT to the router...but I might try using a cable if it will help in these online games.

8. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I have a router but I'm wired to the PS3. Use Comcast 6MB Internet service. My girl gets on her laptop during my games sometimes, and was last night when we first started. She was half asleep by the time we got d/c'ed, so I'm not sure if that affects it or not. She was just browsing the information superhighway.

I'm pretty dumb with the whole connection speed thing. I can set them up and network computers together but I couldn't tell you why or how any of the shit works, lol.

9. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

The Terrapins are elated following a road victory over hated Virginia

Column 1
    First Quarter
    04:04 TD Maryland Ronnie Tyler WR #4 54 yard pass from Jamarr Robinson QB #11
    01:57 TD Virginia Torrey Mack HB #5 6 yard pass from Marc Verica QB #6
    Second Quarter
    04:38 TD Maryland Devonte Campbell TE #34 33 yard pass from Jamarr Robinson QB #11
    00:34 TD Maryland Da Rel Scott HB #23 4 yard rush
    Third Quarter
    06:11 TD Maryland Ronnie Tyler WR #4 70 yard pass from Jamarr Robinson QB #11
    Forth Quarter
    06:12 TD Virginia Torrey Mack HB #5 4 yard rush
    05:41 TD Maryland Ronnie Tyler WR #4 53 yard pass from Jamarr Robinson QB #11
    01:31 TD Virginia Jared Green WR #2 11 yard pass from Marc Verica QB #6
    01:11 FG Maryland Nick Ferrara K #43 55 yard field goal
    00:00 TD Virginia Kris Burd WR #18 12 yard pass from Marc Verica QB #6

Column 1
    Maryland 38
    Virginia 28

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.