(S1) Week 12 results

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JDBattleMC, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

(S1) Week 12 results

HOLY CRAP WHAT AN AMAZING GAME!!!

This is one of my favorite wins EVER in NCAA 2011.

The #16 Ole Miss Rebels came into the game today playing a down and out 4-6 LSU Tigers team that has suffered from mistakes all season. Junior Quarterback Jordan Jefferson would not let his team lose, despite his 5 ints, Jefferson threw for 436 yards and 4 touchdowns after LSU was unable to get their running game going in the rain.

Time and time again Jefferson made key throws, driving his team down the field in heroic fashion, throwing a game winning touchdown with less than 20 seconds left in the game, seconds after he fumbled the ball trying to sneak in from the 1 yard line.

Senior Captain Terrence Toliver was huge this game, catching the ball no less than 11 times, for 238 yards and 1 touchdown.

Player of the game honors go to Sophomore Rueben Randle who had only 3 receptions, 2 of them diving receptions in the rain, the last TD to clench victory from the jaws of defeat for the suddenly surging Bayou Bengals.

2. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Nice win. 1 more for a bowl.

Those Mississippi schools always gave me fits when I was Auburn. Pretty sure Miss St beat me once

3. onaradio34

Va Tech wins a back and forth game against the #13 Miami Hurricanes 35-24. Va Tech is now bowl eligible @ 6-5 and will look to secure a winning season next week.

4. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

FSU 38 @ Maryland 9
    A tale of 2 games...1st game, Maryland 7 FSU 3 in the 3rd before disconnecting.
    2nd game...Big defensive game by FSU. Chris Thompson pounded the ball 28 times for 180 and 4 TDs. 28 - 3 at the half, Maryland's first drive ended in a pick 6 by LB Kendall Smith. After that momentum was clearly in favor of the Noles.

Much needed win for the Noles as they try and stay relevant in the ACC title hunt. Big game next week against Florida.

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Florida wins in the Snow in pullman 40-10

6. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Holy Griffin did that just happen #6 Oklahoma goes to Baylor and gets upset. Griffin was by far the star of this one. He was a Dual threat and had to be as there were 84 points scored in the first half. It was a very Ugly start for the Bears as Oklahoma would reciever and march right down the field and score. Baylor would then Fumble the kickoff and Sooners would return it for 6 making it 14-0 will alittle over 1 minute taken of the clock. Baylor decided that today they were going to fight and not just lay down. Griffin would hit Jefferson on a 2yd pass for a touchdown making it 14-7. Again Oklahoma would march right down the field and score once again making it 21-7. Baylor would answer right back when Gordon would catch a 22yd pass from Griffin making it 21-14 end of 1st quarter.
    Second quarter would start off badly for the Bears again. Oklahoma would march down the field and score once again making it 28-14. Once again Baylor would fumble the kickoff and the Sooners would capitalize once again with a touchdown drive making it 35-14. Baylor looked to be out of this one but Griffin would hi Wright from 9yds out and make it 35-21. Once again Sooners would drive right down the field and score on a Murray 34yd run making it 42-21. Baylor would come to the sideline and get a complete scream job. Baylor would answer this time Griffin would take a 3yd run and score making it 42-28. The screaming must of worked because Baylor defense came out with a whole new attitude and would pick Jones off and return it 49yds for a touchdown making it 42-35. The next drive Baylor once again would pick off Jones and Griffin would drive down and hit Wright from 10yds out making it 42-42 at halftime and all momentum on their side going into halftime.
    Third quarter Baylor would get a holding penalty on kickoff and start from the 10 yd line. Griffin would take an option 90yds to the house giving the Bears their first lead of the game at 49-42. Oklahoma would kick a fg on thier drive making it 49-45 at the end of the third quarter
    Fourth quarter once again on an option run Griffin would slip inside the RT and take it 43yds to the house making it 56-45 with 4:39 to go in the game. Oklahoma would answer quickly with a 8yd td pass and 2pt conversion making it 56-53 with 3:25 to go. Baylor would play ball control and run out the clock to keep the upset and take down the #6 Sooners

Players of the Games
    Griffin 22-31 333yds 4tds 0ints 16rushes 194yds 3tds
    Ganaway 12 rushes 55yds
    Wright 6rec 75yds 2tds
    Gordon 6rec 106yds 1td
    Reese 5rec 68yds
    Sampson 3rec 64yds

7. JDBattleMC

Holy shit that game sounds exciting as hell.

8. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Yeah it was Griffin is a stud and glad he is a Sophmore. Everything was garbage at first and almost just threw in the towel but decided to try and fight and see where it went

9. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

Nebraska - 37
    Texas A&M - 7

The Husker offense got back on track after a poor performance against Kansas. Taylor Martinez demonstrated his dual threat ability once again as he rushed and passed for over 100 yards. Early in the game, it looked as if the offense was going to struggle again as they were held to two field goals on their opening possessions. After that, they were able to punch in a TD on a big pass from Martinez. This would end the scoring in the first half as they went into the break 13-0, Nebraska. Big Red came out firing in the second half as they were able to put up 21 points in the third quarter. It looked as if the Blackshirts were going to get their second consecutive shutout until A&M was able to sneak one in there before the fourth quarter. With a solid lead and the ball, the Huskers decided to just pound it out on the ground and cruise to the easy victory.

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Tennessee 48 Vandy 24

-Vols largest win of season
    -Sims threw for a school record 500 yards to go along with 5TDs and No Picks
    -Tennessee improved to 5-6 on the season

Let Florida know we're tossing them off Rocky Top next year!!!

11. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Mizzou is all that is left

12. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

advancing as soon as i can sign on he hasnt played in who know giving him the boot

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Is passing easy or did Vandy suck that bad? I honestly had almost 400 yards passing in the first half. They couldn't stick with any of my receivers... I ran the ball because I didn't want to throw for 700 yards:)

14. onaradio34

Tennessee has underrated WR's and a solid TE in Luke Stocker. Denarious Moore was a track star in Texas high school which is impressive and has developed into a nice deep threat. Gerald Jones has 3 years of solid SEC experience and is a good route runner. With the two Rodgers's and Hunter you shouldn't have to reach on any WR recruits for a few years.

Backup RB David Oku is a viable threat in the slot as well, if you want to get him on the field.

15. JDBattleMC

Passing is not easy. I was LUCKY to beat Ole Miss.

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I used Tennessee in NCAA '10, they were not that good.... Well, maybe it is them... I was throwing all over Diddy before that disconnect :sssshhhh: :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.