S1, Week 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

S1, Week 12

Alright guys nice work, one user game this week, should go by smoothly. Quite a few Byes as well, 3 I believe. Set Ready to Advance we you are ready to go. Advance is set Hard for Sunday at 11pm EST.

Big Matchups Week 12

#12 Illinois (Hova) @ #23 Northwestern (Kzoo), can the Wildcats knock off the dark horse Fighting Illini? Unfortunately this game holds no Big 10 title implications but should still be one hell of a matchup.

Florida St @ #21 Maryland (Keller)

Good luck guys, remember content, summaries and We NEED MVP votes, or else it looks like Charlie Gantt will win it by default!! The stats do not have to be Heisman worthy, just Rise worthy!!

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

This game is bullshit. Everytime I build a huge lead my defense can't stop anything what so ever and my offense can't help preserve said lead. I hate this game right now. Just been an off day (lost a user game earlier)...can't seem to get a break...

I know as commish I should be calmed and collected but right now I'm about to go insane...especially because Cousins put up another 300+yds passing game and Caper was running his ass off. And it wasn't the run I had issues with, which I normally do, it was the pass. My defenders didn't seem to want to play any coverage today. Damn snow probably didn't help either.

Michigan State loses in the last two minutes 35-39 and fall to an even lower 3-8 (after building a large lead...). They face Penn State next week in what is likely going to be a blowout..but with MSU beating Wisconsin and Iowa you never know....still expect me to go 3-9 and get this ugly ugly season behind me.

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I hear ya man, I have had great luck this season with Rutgers...but I am in another OD with a group of friends in the PAC10 with Stanford and I went 4-8 in the 2010 season (All user conference games). I lost the majority of them by a slim margin (3-7 points) and now I'm the only 2* team in the conference. Tough breaks. :mad:

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Were you facing a good qb or something? I'm like most people, the RB goes ape shit on me but I'm able to stop the CPU (generally) when they start throwing the ball.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

No there team was average it was bad passes and no defense when I needed it the most

6. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

That sucks, Masler. I feel like Purdue has been on and off like that this year (And I know they are a little underrated).

Just sick Eric Gordon on everyone because he is from my hometown.

7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Rolled all over Cincinnati, looks like the next real challenge will be WVU. I need to catch up on my game summaries...

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

How many games are done?

9. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

i still need to play mines, ima probably get it in either tonight or the morning.

10. FacePlant City

Hova and I are about to play. I will get my MVP app in today right after.

11. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

#12 Illinois 20
    #23 Northwestern 10

The Illini defense came up huge today getting 3 INTs and making big plays when they needed them. FS Aikens led the defense with 11 tackles and a big INT. QB Scheelhasse also had an efficient game going for over 200 yards with 2 TDs and no INTs. We could never really establish a run game after the first drive. Illinois moves to 10-1 on the season and head home next week to face the USF Bulls. Only hope for a Big Ten title would be ohio st losing to Iowa and MICHIGAN and that will never happen so we can only pray for a BCS bowl. GG Faceplant.

12. FacePlant City

GG man. It is good to get these learning experiences out of the way (now that I know you are an intense interceptor). See you next season.