(S1) Week 13

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Paytonno1son, Oct 22, 2010.

?

Have you asked Tebow to forgive you of your sins?

Poll closed Oct 29, 2010.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, not yet. But I will if I want to get into heaven.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

[​IMG]

Florida - 28 - FSU 24

The Noles are left scratching their head in this one. They played all facets of the game correctly. Dominating D, mistake free offense. But when it's all said and done, it isn't enough to close out the Gators at home.
    4th quarter was like a different game all together. Deep heaves were picked out of the air like a championship frisbee tournament. Slightly comical when all is said and done.

FSU looks to regroup as they round out the season, still in the hunt for an ACC Championship chance.

2. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

The Huskers' plans for a BCS at large spot were a bit premature as they lose a horrible game to Colorado, 31-24. The score is not really representative of what happened in this one. The Buffaloes were in control of this one from the get go as I fell behind 14-0. Then, it seemed like I'd take one step forward and two back. I made a fight at the end and was in position to pull out the come back but sometimes it's not meant to be. What really killed me was my complete inability to run the football. Nebraska is not built to be a pass heavy team and that's what we were forced to do.

My only complaint is that I got hosed out of a TD, when I broke up an option pitch but it was ruled as an incomplete pass. I would've saved the highlight but I was upset with how I played and just wanted to get out of the game. Oh well, that's life sometimes.

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Payton gave his version of the recap and it was true he played a hell of a game. Florida could do know wrong in the 4th quarter. IF he had converted some first downs on his last two drives I would have ran out of time.

4. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

UNC Escapes Duke 35-31

North Carolina almost blew their chance at a premier bowl game (not to mention the ACC title) against an inferior Duke team that played with a lot of heart. Right from the beginning, Duke score the first two TD's of the game. Strangely, they missed both extra points. Faced with a 1st and goal from the 1 yard line, UNC lined up for their first TD not once, not twice, not THRICE...but four times. The Blue Devils held serve each time, and even managed to add insult to injury by forcing a fumble on the 4th attempt.

UNC fans who made the trip to the Blue Devil's stadium were stunned to say the least. Heading into the final period, the Tar Heels were down 17-28. However, QB Brynner proved time and time again why coach nrg_qbz made him the starter. Brynner would lead the Tar heels to a field goal and two touchdowns, outscoring Duke 18-3 in the decisive quarter. Trailing 31-32, Duke would march down the field with 90 seconds left. However, on a crucial fourth down, the Tar Heels would force a fumble. Game. Set. Match.

After a close and disheartening loss to Miami, UNC recovered extremely well and won the rest of their games. Finishing with only 1-loss, the Tar Heels have a lot to be happy about. "It was a great season. We had close games against LSU, VTech, and of course, the game against Duke today," said coach nrg_qbz. "In the end, we battled hard. That's all I can ask for from my guys."

5. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Great comeback by the Gators. The only frustrating play for me was the midget (Rainey) TD at the back of the endzone!

GL Gators!

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I'm scared of how good fsu is, how is recruiting going?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.