S1 Week 3 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by LSUTRUTH, Sep 15, 2013.

1. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Post em up

2. LSUTRUTH

Dolphins run over Falcons 52-0

The Miami Dolphins missing both Cam Wake and Ryan Tannehill for the next 5 weeks decided they were going to run the ball and run the ball they did. Early and often the stable of RB that the Dolphins have carried the ball and averaged big yards lead by Lamar Miller. Pitching in was FB/RB Spencer Ware who rushed for over 100 yards in the game as well. Matt Moore was efficient going 4 for 8 in his first start in roughly 2 seasons. Moore threw for 80 total yards many of them in the 1st half as Miami ran for a Team record 467 yards on the ground. 7 players carried the ball for Miami with Miller and Ware both having 13 carries. Matt Moore was 3rd with 9 carries however he had 6 knees in the game. WR Tiquan Underwood had 2 rushes for 81 yards as well as Mike Wallace adding 2 for 38 yards it was a total team effort running the ball. On Defense #3 overall pick Dion Jordan looked like Cam Wake adding 3 sacks and 6 tackles in the game. Vernon Wakes replacement also had 3 sacks as the Miami Defense was all over Matt Ryan all game. Miami's secondary after being torched last week by Luck and the curl route were determined to stop the passing game and came away with 5 INTs including 2 by 2nd rounder Jamar Taylor.

The Dolphins controlled the LOS and it showed throughout the game. Matt Ryan finished 16/32 with 5 int. Jackson rushed for 68 yards on 18 carries. It was tough for the Falcons who played without Roddy White and Julio Jones for parts of the games. "Coach Ben Huh will get it figured out over there." He seems like a decent coach. Our guys just out executed his tonight." Coach Philbin had to say after the game.

GG Ben Hopefully your OL plays better than it did against my guys

Passing
    Matt Moore - 4/8 for 80 yards 2 TDs

Rushing
    Lamar Miller - 13 for 152 yards 2 TDs
    Spencer Ware - 13 for 103 yards 1 TD
    Underwood - 2 for 81 yards 1 TD
    Mike Gillislee - 6 for 44 yards 1 TD

Receiving
    Brian Hartline- 2 for 60 yards 2 TDs
    Wallace - 1 for 11

3. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Holy crap 52-0 :eek:

4. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Vikings Down 20-3; Make Miraculous Comeback Behind 2 Sherels' Kick Returns

[​IMG]
    Minneapolis, MN - The Browns and Vikings both came into their Week 3 match-up at .500, and both having struggled on offense through the first two weeks of play. However, it was neither the offense or defense that settled this one; it would be the special teams for both squads that decided the outcome of what turned out to be the game of the week.

Both teams started out sluggish in the first quarter. The Vikings would fail to pick up a first down on both of their drives, while QB Brandon Weeden would throw a costly INT to end a nice Cleveland drive. The Vikings were forced to punt a third time early in the 2nd quarter, and PR Travis Benjamin would make them pay with a 69-yd punt return TD to put the Browns up 7. The Vikings would answer, finally putting together a drive, but it would end as most did today - with a dropped 3rd down pass (the team had an amazing 9 drops on the day!!) The Browns would move the ball well on their next drive, which ended on a 6-yd TD run by Trent Richardson. They tacked on another FG as time expired in the first half. Score at half: 17-3 in favor of Cleveland.

The second half started as the first ended, with Cleveland moving the ball well primarily behind the legs of TRich. However, the Vikings would stop Richardson inside the 5 yard line and force the Browns to kick the FG. That play seemed to turn the momentum in the Vikings favor. 5th-string CB Marcus Sherels would take the ensuing kickoff 98 yards to paydirt! Shortly thereafter, QB Weeden would be picked a 2nd time, and this one would be returned by CB Al Jefferson 34 yards for 6. Just like that, the Vikings had cut the lead to 20-17 at the end of 3.

The Browns regained their composure in the 4th, put a nice drive together and tacked on 3. With 6 minutes to play, Ponder would get the ball on his own 32 and march 68 yards in 2 minutes, ending with a 12-yard strike to TE Kyle Rudolph for 6. The extra point gave Minny their first lead in the game with 4:01 to play, 24-23. The Browns would respond, however, as the Minnesota D couldn't stop the running game of Trent Richardson (finished with 149 yards on 33 carries). They lined up for a 32-yd FG with just 21 seconds to play, and K Shayne Graham split the uprights. Surprisingly, the Browns decided not to squib the kickoff and kick to Sherels, who had already taken one kick 98 yards. He made them pay. He took the kickoff all the way into Browns territory, before being caught from behind with 8 seconds to play. K Blair Walsh would get a shot from 49 yards out, and (even with the kick meter only 3/4 of the way full), he nailed it! Game over - Vikings come back to win in dramatic fashion, 27-26.

Some crazy injuries in this one - HB Toby Gerhart went down early in the 3rd, and with AP out the Vikings were left with HB Matt Asiata as their only running back in the 2nd half. Gerhart will be sidelined for 5 weeks, which will require the Vikings to pick up a starter from free agency. The Browns would lose LT Joe Thomas for 5 weeks, and FS Tashaun Gipson would break his vertebrae, essentially ending his career.

GG capp34

5. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

Bengals Win in Rainy Game

[​IMG]

Bengals are now 3-0 for the season with a great win over the visiting Green Bay Packers. The Packers would get the first score of the game with a FG, but the Bengals pretty much had this game the whole way. The Offensive coordinator had a game plan before the start of the game. That quickly changed when rain came into the forecast. The run was going to be featured more for this contest. Green-Ellis early on couldn't be stopped as he rushed for 125 yards and a touchdown. Including a 55 yard run to set up the first scoring chance for the Bengals in the first quarter. Dalton didn't do too shabby throwing for 257 yards with 2 touchdowns and 1 INT. Green-Bay played tight defense against Green, so that meant other players had to step up. Jermaine Gresham did just that with 4 catches for 74 yards. Geo Bernard got in on the action when he took a screen play to the house breaking tackles along the way. The GM's addition of Terrance McGee proved fruitful as he was able to pretty much blanket any receiver put in front of him. Speaking of the defense, the Bengals have their own version of the No-Fly Zone. The secondary was able to pick off Rodgers 4 times. Two of those belonged to 1 yr man Dre Kirkpatrick. He was very aggressive going for the ball and he was rewarded. Starting strong safety George Iloka is making the coach look like genius for starting him over incumbent Taylor Mays. He was also able to get an INT and come up with 3 timely pass deflections. The team gave up 3 sacks, which did not please Coach Chandler. He said the sacks were Dalton trying to look for the big play too much and not taking what the defense was giving him. He did make some nice plays with his legs, but Coach said don't expect that to be the norm. In Week 4, the Bengals kind of goes on the road to face in-state rival Cleveland for Ohio state supremacy. The Browns will no doubt be looking to avenge their close loss to the Vikings in the match up. The Bengals will be looking to take another step in their goal for the AFC North Crown.

GG BrewBomber

6. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Raiders Intercept Manning Five Times in Rout of Broncos 45-17

With the Raiders coming in 2-0 against the 1-1 Broncos, the first divisional matchup puts a top five Bronco offense against a #1 ranked Raider defense coming into this week’s game.

Manning’s 1st of five picks on the day came in the 1st quarter and on the very first play of the game throwing right into the hands of rookie LB Sio Moore for the first turnover. The Broncos defense held as the Raiders were forced to kick a FG. It didn’t take long for the Raiders to get the ball back stopping the Broncos next drive and Mcfadden hitting the outside for a 61 yard TD run and just like that, the Raiders were up 10-0. Tyler Wilson who is in his 2nd start taking the place of injured Pryor looked sharp again managing the offense and making accurate and safe throws throughout the game. He only took 12 attempts this game for just over 100 yards and 2 TDs which gives him 4 tds and no picks so far in his two starts. A qb controversy may be brewing if Wilson continues to play well like he has.

The Raider offense relied on the run game between Darren McFadden and Joe Mcknight, McFadden ran for over 100 yards once again and McKnight ran for over 90 yards helping the Raiders rush for 260 yards on the day. When Pryor got hurt, the Raiders picked up Tim Tebow to put into similar Pryor packages and it has paid off, Tebow was able to run for 40+ yards and on his two runs of which both who TD runs. The Bronco defense had no answer to the Raider running attack as they rushed the ball about 40 times.

The Raider defense put in a stellar performance as well with five INTS on Manning of which three were from Safety Tyvon Branch. The star of the day was Sio Moore who picked off Manning on the very first play, had five tackles and three sacks and helped stuff the Bronco running game.

The Raiders jumped out quick and there was no answer from the Broncos, the Raiders off to a fast start at 3-0 and already a divisional win.

7. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

GG Nice comeback those returns were back breakers. Outside of a couple plays here and there my defense played well enough for me to win. Trent was running hard if only I can find a passing game...

8. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Ya your D was stout; I'm lost without AP! Nine drops didn't help...that got pretty frustrating as well. You ran it well though, on a very good front 4. Good luck rest of the way...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Raiders vs Broncos

• Like Like x 1
  10. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

EJ MANUEL AND BRAYLON EDWARDS LEAD BILLS TO 2-1 RECORD IN LAST SECOND WIN!!!

The rookie sensation EJ Manuel in Buffalo does it again and leads the Bills on a last second drive to win with a game winning field goal and a final score of 20-17.Even though he threw 3 INT in the game, Manuel stayed composed and showed he is ready to be a leader. With the game lacking any type of running game both teams relied heavily on the passing game.

Geno smith relied on his security blanket in Kellen Winslow Jr. who had 4 receptions for 70 yards, and managed to throw a 77 yard pass to Clyde Gates who broke free when Jarius Byrd ran into his teammate Stephon Gilmore leaving no one between Gates and the end zone. He also hit Santonio Holmes for a 18 yards strike for a touchdown. This team will be dangerous if they can develop any type of run game. That way they can use the run game to open up the passing game, as well as the play action pass.

After trading away Stevie Johnson many thought the Bills were crazy picking up the former New England Patriot Braylon Edwards to fill the void. He proceeded to catch 6 balls for 130 yards hushing the doubters at least in Buffalo. Coach charter04 was quoted as saying "Good Luck. I hope he catches 50% of the balls for you". Edwards didn't have anything to say regarding his former coaches comment and said he will let his play doing his talking for him. The Bills had to rely more on the pass this week when they could not get any run game started with CJ Spiller. He however caught 8 passes for 55 yards and a touchdown. When asked about Spillers role he said " he is a playmaker and you MUST have him in your gameplan wether it be the passing or the run game. We are versatile team and can win a game running, passing or kicking. We are and will be a contender come seasons end."

NEXT WEEK:

Ravens at Bills
    Jets at Titans

• Like Like x 2
  11. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

Great game Mogriffjr you had me frustrated when you converted on the 3rd and longs. Was a blast...see you later in the season

• Like Like x 1
  12. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

1ke

Titans win Home Opener 33-14.

A sloppy game in Tennessee due to the rain. The Titans scored on their first drive of the game after forcing SD to punt. From there Phillip River never looked comfortable and by days end, the Chargers as a team had 8 TOs. CJ was held under a 100 yards for the first time and Jake Locker did not implode. San Diego on the other-hand completely imploded and could not get anything to open up. The Titans worked on their defense and it seems to have payed off so we'll see in the next few games. Kendall Wright seems to be the real deal making a couple of BIG plays for the team.

Good Game 1ke

13. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Wow you only threw it 8 times? Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesey

14. LSUTRUTH

Lol I don't throw it when I get up.

15. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Good game. Rivers will be cut, I hate that fuck head, and he just got denoted from 2bd string to 3rd lol.

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    lmao only you can throw like brady with that bum ass 3rd stringer u had beasting, but throw 6 INT's with Rivers lmaooooo

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I was kinda disappointed in my secondary for the most part because we couldn't cover Braylon Edwards smh...I really liked that matchup on my end with Cro covering him but most of the game your guys got separation on me and that was a huge issues in me stopping you on 3rd downs because you converted quite a bit there. In turn since I didn't have the ball much, I pressed and made some stupid mistakes there. In the end we couldn't make stops when we needed to...good luck man and will see you in Buffalo later in the season.

18. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

And Thank You for not taking my comment the wrong way. Its hard to pick-up on sarcasm through thread posts. I figured you did up that much, but I felt I had to bust your balls a little.

19. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

sarcasm? on an internet forum??? never! serious business bros

• Like Like x 1
  20. LSUTRUTH

Lol. Been around long enough to know. It's not a big deal. My team made plays cause I do nothing special on defense or offense for that fact. Spencer ware is hard to tackle. He might see more time at Rb this season.

21. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Man this shit was crazy. I take full responsibility for two of them. But Rivers was on some special BS. Balls were 2 yards off, he couldnt hit Rhianna if she was in bed with him. It was awful. Matt Blanchard proves how incredible he is just by being injured.

• Like Like x 1