(S1) Week 8 Results: Post In Here!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by nrg_qbz-_-, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

(S1) Week 8 Results: Post In Here!!

#5 UNC is stunned by #22 Miami

Miami jumped out to a 21-0 lead after the first quarter, but UNC would valiantly fight back to take the lead 32-27 with 4 minutes left. While trying to move the chains late in the 4th, UNC QB Brenner threw his 3rd pick of the game. Miamia would score and take a 33-32 lead. With 80 seconds to go, Brenner moved the team down to field goal position on by throwing strikes to three different receivers. However, the last of these receivers was TE Pianalto, who fumbled the ball at the Miami 35 while trying to dive for extra yardage. No one touched him. UNC would let Miami score to get the ball back. But Brenner would throw another pick. Game. Set. Match.

***Brenner threw for over 500 yards and had 4-5 receivers with over 80 yards catching....yet threw no TD's. Each time Miami found a way to stop the Tar Heels between the 1-3 yard line. This was no problem, as Draughn ran for 4 TD's. However, the last two possessions that UNC had the ball in that range, they were forced to kick field goals since Miami finally manned up and would not move an inch.

This is a devasting loss for UNC. We lost the game, Miami didn't win it.​

2. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

Huskers Roll Okie State

The Cowboys' offense was no match for the Blackshirts during this one. The Husker's offense stalled early on but the dominating performance by the Blackshirts allowed them enough time to get rolling. The lone TD for the Cowboys came on a great one on one effort to beat the man coverage. Other than that, the Blackshirts dominated from start to finish, forcing a fumble, interception and a safety.

Final score in this one was 40-7 Nebraska.

3. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Bama bounces Tennessee on a 24-0 shutout in Knoxville

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Don't worry I'm back sweetheart:)

5. Dean

Dean Walk On

OU beats a tough Mizzou team 31-28. Put together 2 long drives in the 2nd half and made some big plays a defense to seal the win late. GG Beast

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

nice we should advance tonight then

7. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Va Tech gets back on the good side with a victory over Duke on a last second FG 27-24

8. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Bama was leading Va Tech 21-10 when we lost connection. I was booted, he wasn't so it must have been on my end. Drow is finishing the game just in case we can't hook up Friday night for a restart. If we are holding the advance up go ahead and advance if he wins.

Va Tech looked good to start the game and jumped out 10-0. Saban, that damn mastermind, quickly made some adjustments and was starting to roll. Don't count out Beamer if we get part II!

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I doubt we will advance until late friday early saturday morning so yall have time

10. Dean

Dean Walk On

OU beats Colorado 38-21. Scored 14 points in the 4th quarter to pull away. Raining conditions made us change to a more run oriented offense. Demarco Murray carried it 42 times for 194 yards 1 TD.

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

You know you have backups right? Your gonna get that man hurt giving it to him all those times;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.