S1 Week 8 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by controllerabuser, Jul 22, 2013.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

2. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]
    10 - 24
    [​IMG]
    SEC West "D" Day
    The Crimson Tide and the Arkansas Razorbacks prepared to square off in Tuscaloosa in a match-up of Top 10 teams with control of the SEC West at stake and keeping their BCS Title hopes alive. Going into the game the Crimson Tide knew that Coach BK would have his Hawgs prepared and this would be a battle all game long. Arkansas took the opening kick-off and put together a very nice time consuming ball control drive that resulted in a 12 yard TD pass to Javontee Herndon. The Crimson Tide was unable to get the offense going on their first drive but the defense stiffened up and forced the Razorbacks to punt on the 2nd possession. The Crimson Tide realizing that Arkansas plan was to take away the run turned to AJ McCarron and the his cast of receivers to spark the offense and try to loosen up the stingy Razorbacks defense. The offense responded and was able move down the field and tied the game at 7-7 when McCarron connected with Brian Vogler on a 6 yard TD pass. The two teams traded FG in the 2nd Qtr sending the teams into the break tied ay 10-10 in a very evenly played game. In the 2nd half the two teams continued to stand in the center of the ring and slug it out until the Crimson Tide was able to get a couple big plays to go their way. The Alabama defense picked off 2 Arkansas passes to kill potential scoring drives while the offense had a huge option run by McCarron that caught the Razorbacks off guard and then a big wheel pass to Yeldon that put the Crimson Tide in scoring position. The Crimson Tide was able to convert their two big plays into TDs and Alabama was able to hold Arkansas for a 24-10 win. With the win Alabama stays alive in the BCS Title chase and gives them a leg up in the SEC West race.
    Great game BK

• Like Like x 1
  3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

TALE OF TWO HALVES
    [​IMG]
    Gators overcome 23-10 first half to win 31-23
    The Gators got off to another rough start and had to crawl their way back to a win. Missouri's no huddle pace had the Gators scrambling for a half. After Coach Boom laid into the Gators at half, they responded with a 21-0 run. No one played spectacular and the running game founds its legs late in the 4th quarter to ice the game.

4. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    UVA Out Dukes Duke

5. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Miami Wins 28-7​

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Love these recaps.

• Like Like x 1
  7. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

You definitely kicked my ass. It did seem like one of those games from the start. I couldn't get any momentum going. Your squad was fast and all over the field. They dominated my line and killed Renner. Blanketed my receivers. I am totally switching my game plan. I am going back to a more pro style type of offense. Two good backs and throw when I need to. It didn't help that I couldn't tackle you on pass plays!

Good luck on the season. Excited to see how things shake up.

• Like Like x 1