S1, Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

S1, Week 8

OK We are into Week 8, just a couple user matchups so plan to advance Thursday at 6pm EST. Also please welcome Mr Kasperson as Arizona St, we lost Washington due to schedule issues.

Good luck everyone.

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Hi guys, fyi I will onnly get this game in probably... going to WEFest in Minnesota on wednesday.

Thanks letting me in here though!

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

That's ok I'll put you on auto til you get back, you should only miss 1 week.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Everyone please go read the updated reply in the rules/description thread. I've had some issues with cheese in the last couple of weeks and I am pretty disappointed, none of you should be cheesing. I would like everyone to sign off on here stating you understand. Thanks.

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I read it. What exactly has been going on? No cheesing is kind of generic and common sense in a sim league. (y)

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

I won't go into detail on it lol. This is just to make everyone aware what will happen if they try any funny business from here on out. Can't believe I missed that part when I made the rules..

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Shouldn't need to be said, but I feel you as a fellow commish... facepalm when you need to say stuff like this

8. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Ah ok.

9. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

read it

10. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

11. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

also read the updated version.

12. TBrown80

TBrown80 Walk On

This was about me. I have no issues about it being discussed.

The video is up in Maryland's game summaries. Basically, it was the OT play when he ran an all out zone and I did a quick look, found no one and took the 3 yards and 1st down. I still stand by thinking that was not a cheese play, but I will stand by the ruling.

However, I did notice I rolled (not sprinted, but did roll) more than I should. I have no real excuse other than I thought I was buying time against his 4-6. For that I do apologize.

I never meant to blatantly break rules. I think the 2 other guys I have played never had a problem.

Let us move on and hopefully make this a great dynasty.

13. Keller

My only issue was the fact that I felt like the OT run cost me the game. Had you not ran you might have been kicking a field goal like I had to. I didn't feel like you really looked at anything and you just took off running for the easy first so I guess that sorta rubbed me the wrong way.

I don't want to get into, its in the past. It was a good game and you ended up pulling out the win so thats that.

Good luck the rest of the season man.

14. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Tbrown, Masler showed me the clips and asked my opinion. I told him I didn't think you were trying to cheese or anything, there was only one play of yours I didn't agree with (but I didn't get a chance to see the OT play in question) and it involved you sprinting to the sideline with your QB, stopping and chucking it back over the middle.

I have 2 issues with that: 1) Unless that play was a designed rollout, you should not be immediately sprinting out towards the sideline with the QB unless flushed from the pocket. 2) As the rules state, you are not to run or roll out simply to make an easier throwing angle by taking advantage of the CPU AI.

That being said, that was was really the only play that looked at all like cheese, the rest looked fine to me, and I definitely appreciate you stepping up and discussing it with the rest of us.

And to Keller: It's karma for your game against me :bangnana:

15. TBrown80

TBrown80 Walk On

JC, do you have the time of the video? Want to make sure I never do that again if I did in fact do that.

16. Keller

Well go watch the OT run JC to see what you think.

As I mentioned to Masler, Tbrown played a really nice sim game outside of just a few hiccups and heck no ones perfect. Even on some of my plays I was like "ehhhh, I need to watch myself there."

What really got me going was just the fact that I felt like the 1 run in OT cost me the game as it was 3rd down and failure to convert would have likely resulted in a field goal and thus our OT would have continued.

Regardless, its behind me and I look forward to the next matchup with T to get back at him.

JC, as far as our game, I'm still speechless. I really doubt I'll even witness another comeback like that this year in either Madden or NCAA. It was just that crazy. I'm so glad I got all this stuff before launch to record games. Its so awesome having all that stuff locked away for future enjoyment.

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

Glad everyone is willing to work with one another. This makes it a ton easier on my part.

And sorry if I made it sound like I was talking about you Tbrown...I've had a couple other complaints in the past weeks and I just had to set some punishments for cheesing.

Thanks again for everyone understanding,