(S1) Week 9 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Jul 6, 2009
    (S1) Week 9 Scores

This is going to be a requirement that I will be checking with every advancement to see if guys are getting content on the site. I see some of you putting summaries up in separate threads and that is GREAT!!! Keep doing what you are doing. Some of you, I don't think you post squat. I will be checking every outcome and whether or not it has been posted.

Virginia tops Miami in Charlottesville, 24-12. The defense played shutdown football yet again. They gave up yards, but didn't give up key plays, such as 3rd and 4th down conversions. Two series for Miami were stopped inside the Virginia 5 yard line, on 4th down plays. The defense gave QB Jacory Harris fits all day, managing an interception, and only allowing him to complete 16 of 26 attempts for 199 yards. These Cavaliers on defense held HB Graig Cooper from having a huge day, 19 for 94 with no TDs and WR Travis Benjamin had 4 receptions for only 86 yards, one of which was a 60 yard burner, but he failed to record a TD. The defense continues to shine for Virginia, forcing 3 turnovers, but this game was most impressive by the UVA offense, who finally were able to make progress. QB Marc Verica went 10 for 19 for 188 yards and a TD, his best performance of the year. He had his moments where the fans would sigh, but he made plays that led to this win. The offensive standout for UVA was (RS) Freshman HB Dominique Wallace. Wallce had 23 carries for 144 yards and 2 TDs, including a 71 yarder on a HB Dive, splitting the defense. Next week, Virginia travels to Durham, NC to take on the hated Blue Devils.
  2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Dec 10, 2009
    After a late-game loss to USC in week 5, the Washington Huskies have quietly won four games in a row. "We've got our mojo back" said Jake Locker when asked about his young teams winning streak.

The Huskies hosted the Stanford Cardinal this week. The Cardinal dominated the the game early taking and 10-0 lead in the first quarter. However, the Huskies outscored the Cardinal 28-7 in the next 3 quarters.

Final Score: Washinton 28 - Stanford 17

Player of the Game:

Jake Locker
    14-24 295 2TD, 1 rushing TD
  3. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

Jun 22, 2010
    the entire time I was telling myself "there is no way i'm going to win this game". Everything went in their favor, and they were just killing me through the air. I think Ponder had over 500 yards throwing on me. In OT2 I missed a FG and I thought I was done for. I came out and sacked ponder twice and on Fourth and 20 they went for it and he overthrew a open reciever. Third OT I stopped them on the one yard line, Fourth and Goal from the one they decided to kick the FG, and I got lucky when I hit my TE for a 15 yard TD pass to win the game.. Which you can see here http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_use...8&sku=661A0001. Didn't help that I had 6 turnovers, and yes RW put up Gaudy numbers but there wasn't anything cheesy about it. I just had to pass to keep up with their explosive offensive.

ESPN Classic of 1401....#2....somehow.
  4. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Aug 19, 2010
    Texas Times

This Bud's For You
    With Potts Gone, Look Who's Smokin' Now!

When it was discovered that Senior QB Taylor Potts would most likely miss the remainder of the season with a torn pectoral muscle, panic spread fast throughout the Red Raider heart of Texas. Even after Sheffield's heroic effort to lead the Raiders back and eventually passed the fiesty Colorado Buffaloes in thrilling over-time fasion, many popular media personalities deemed the season over. But not coach David. "I had Steve and Taylor neck and neck this off-season. They both bring tremedous skills to the table, but in the end, I went with the more experienced quarterback. There's no question in my mind, though, that we can win game with Sheffield. A lot of games."

So far, the count is at two.

Steve Sheffield, in his first start of the season and only third of his career, overcame a first quarter interception and a devastingly loud Kyle Stadium to lead the Red Raiders to their 6th win of the season. In total, the Senior QB threw for 330 yards, completing 23 of his 34 attempts.

To read the rest of this article, subscribe to the Texas Times, now for only 9.99 a month!