S1: Week 9

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by Wyrmreaver, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

2. RobbyB34

RobbyB34 Walk On

Dang, I had 4 players commit this past week!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

And I had the #1 recruit in the nation commit! Still gonna have a tiny class, though D:

4. RobbyB34

RobbyB34 Walk On

That is awesome. But what is he going to be? lol.

5. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

He's a HB/WR, probably stick him at HB, though. 95 SPD/91 AGI/91 ACC, De'Anthony Thomas, but bigger <3

6. RobbyB34

RobbyB34 Walk On

NICE. I didn't scout him so everything on mine shows b's

7. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I anticipate signing a solid chunk at the advance, I had some visits and I obliterated Clemson

8. RobbyB34

RobbyB34 Walk On

If everything stays on schedule I should get #4 ATH 5 star... He will be a beast ass QB...

spd 78
    acc 86
    thp 88
    tha 82
    bkt 82
    trucking 87
    carrying 86

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  9. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

...wanna trade? >_>

• Like Like x 1
  10. RobbyB34

RobbyB34 Walk On

Nah...lol. I am good. I can redshirt him in his first year and then he can beast his freshman season.

11. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

how the hell are you guys whopping the CPU so bad with 3* teams..? i'm losing 23-0 to Iowa and it's not even half time. my QB is 1/6 to start the game and i can't get a run game going.

i understand i'm gonna suck, but it makes no sense that you guys are DESTROYING teams... really means there's no hope for me. haha.

12. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

1) Expect to get better. Everything - every incompletion, interception, missed tackle, poor playcall - happens for an understandable and fixable reason, and it seldom is "CPU screwed me over". How do you figure that out...

2) Practice. You don't need to know your playbook inside and out (if you wanna win a Natty in this dynasty you may want to, though :p), but you should have at least 2 plays for every down+distance situation that you know how to progress through. Dumping it off to the HB underneath may very well be the best option on a given play, but a lot of players don't accept this.

My personal practice schedule is to pick randoms plays (select button) from a formation against random plays from the defense from a matching formation (3WR -> Nickel, etc). Play until you score a TD, then move back 10 yards. Repeat until you get 2 100 yard TDs. This will take a while at first, but it will help your timing, and you won't see anything in a game for the first time.

3) Understand numbers. Football is a numbers game - if you run into 2 box safeties and lose a yard, you deserve to. If you throw deep against 2 deep, you deserve to get picked off. If you get bowled over and keep 2 safeties high all game, you deserve to have 200 rush yards against you. Make minor adjustments based solely on numbers - your playcall does have a significant effect on what happens, but (especially in the run game) numbers around the football is generally more important.

4) Value 1 vs 1. Football is typically 11 little 1-vs-1s - figure out who is most likely to win their matchup, and put the game on their shoulders. Evenly matched WRs will usually beat CBs. A safety can solo cover a TE, a LB usually can't - a TE will pancake a safety when blocking, but the LB will be more difficult to contain. If you have a LE that can beat the RT like a drum, then let him work and shift your defense to wherever (or more importantly, whomever) the offense can beat you (with).

5) Understand that players beat scheme. I like to leave the QB on option plays and try to tackle him myself as a FS. If I get Braxton Miller in open space, he very well could shake me out of my jock despite the fact that the scheme was sound. You may want to press and load the box, but a WR with high release will put your CB to shame. I may rely on my TE to seal the edge on a stretch run, but if the LB he's against has good block shedding, the play will get blown up every time. This is why recruiting is so important. Everyone puts 11 players on the field, but great teams have multiple places they can go when they need a 1-vs-1 won, and move their great players around so that they can win their matchup.

6) Ask questions. This relates to 1. If something specific is confusing you, there are plenty of resources in this dynasty and on this website to consult. Never use IDK as your answer, there is always a reason why what happened happened.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    • Like Like x 2