S1 wk 11

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by GDip, Aug 1, 2013.

1. GDip

GDip Walk On

Fresno State leaves Wyoming with a huge win
    Coming into this weeks showdown of evenly matched teams in Fresno State and Wyoming, Coach Alan had heard rumors of a reporter predicting a double digit defeat. He was correct. However, he had the wrong team on the winning side. Fresno State put together an elite ball control game and walked away with the 35-14 victory on the road. ​
    This game can be read in a couple stats: ​
    First Downs FS: 20, WYO 9;​
    Rushes FS 30-139, WYO 8-15;​
    Time of Poss FS 19:07, WYO 8:53​
    Turnover FS 0, WYO 2​
    Among the reasons given in the aforementioned reporters prediction that Wyoming would win by 2 scores was Fresno State QB Derek Carr's recent inability to protect the football. Until this week he's thrown 15 INT's. However, he displayed the kind of production that the Bulldogs were expecting from him coming into the season. He finished the game with 4 TD's and 0 INT's.​
    *note*​
    Hitmhrd72 said he noticed a small lag in our game. I haven't heard of this before in my connections, but if anyone else has, or does, let me know. I'd like to make sure it's not on my end. If so, it certainly hasn't helped me in the past:)

• Like Like x 1
  2. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

boy I was wrong on that one, game of the week...smh...record is 1-2 i think, good win gdip

3. Jonathan Applegate

Jonathan Applegate Walk On

SMU Pulls out Thrilling Overtime Victory over Cincy
    Both offenses came out running on all cylinders as TD's were scored on the first 3 drives of the game - the first quarter ended with Cincy up 14-7. After that though both offense couldn't keep things going. Not much happened between the first quarter where 21 points were scored until the last 2 minutes of the fourth quarter. ​
    With the score Cincy 21- SMU 17, Gilbert threw a beautiful corner lob to star WR Der'rikk Thompson with 1:52 left, obviously sealing the win for SMU as they went up 24-21. However a terrible squib kick by SMU gave Cincy the ball at the 50 yard line. Cincy's return game worried Coach Applegate all game as returner Cole had returns of 62, 54, and 51. With 39 seconds to go Cincy got a running TD to obviously seal the win for Cincy. Not so fast...Garrett Gilbert leads a beautiful no huddle drive all the way down the field to score the obvious winning TD with 8 seconds to go. ​
    Does Coach Applegate risk kicking long to Cole - of course not...lets try another squib kick that goes terribly again and gives Cincy the ball at the 50 again. One quick slant pass for 15 yards and a timeout and Cincy kicks the tying 51 yard FG to force overtime. ​
    Once in overtime though SMU's defense forced a three and out and SMU kicked the FG to get out of town with a win. Coach Applegate's terrible decision making almost lost this one, but we squeaked by.​
    Great game by Nelly...best offense I've seen so far. ​

4. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

good game man, I couldn't stop you on offense, was frustrating but very fun game!