S1 Wk5

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jay2149, Jul 23, 2013.

1. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

Aug 17, 2012
    CSU Wins By Default
    In a second played game csu wins against a UCF AP controlled team and in a battle of offense CSU was finally able to stop UCF running attack to get a 7 point win to bring its record to 2 and 3 .. Csu had a problem with stopping Storm Johnson who ran to a tune of 235 yards and 3 td's but UCF had a problem Stopping Chris ( the Nigerian nightmare ) Nwoke who had 29 touches for 192 and two td's but our player of the game was New Starter Garrett Grayson passing for 204 yards and 2 td no picks and rushing for 88 yards and another Td on the Receiving end Joe Hansley Hauled in 4 rec for 46 yards and 2 td's and Trevor Coffman had 3 rec for 60 yards .. all in all we turning this team around i game at a time Says coach Jay and we want stop till we get a bowl game..

SN: the game was replayed because of a drop of connection between me and Aspect1 I was up 21 to 3 going to the 4th quarter when the EA Servers Attacked us so he went on Ap so i could get the game in
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Aug 7, 2012
    Rivalry Victory!
    Warriors Upset Bulldogs Behind 5 Picks From Derek Carr
    The Warriors were coming into this match-up with hated rival Fresno St and returning MWC player of the year Derek Carr at the helm again, many including coach Westcott had their doubts about the Warriors chances against the stout Bulldog attack. "They are good all-around and we needed to the the crowd behind this team and keep Carr off the field." The Warriors defense has been lousy for the most part this season with higher than usual expectation on their secondary and FS sophmore Marelle Jackson. "We needed to make a statement win and turn the season around after our disappointing start" Jackson said after the game "Today I felt we did that." Jackson went on to have his best college game of his short career with 2 picks and 4 tackles in the game.
    The Warriors opened the game to a louder than usual crowd that got very into the game with an opening drive interception by corner Tony Grimes. The Warriors then capitilized on the Derek Carr mistake and turned it into 6 behind a touchdown pass from Taylor Graham to Davis touchdown. Then the flood gates opened when the Warrior defense forced Carr into throwing 5 picks, 4 of them in Bulldog territory, which the Hawaii offense capitilized on for much of the first half and then waltzing into halftime with a 17-3 lead.
    The second half was more of a clock control contest more than anything. The Warriors sent a message by calling up a playaction pass that was caught by Stutzmann, who ran it in for a 75 yard touchdown and a commanding 24-3 lead. Carr got his arm back into the game tossing two touchdowns in an effort to keep the Bulldogs slim hopes of getting back into the game but the Warrior offense did an excellent job of committing no turnovers for the first time this season, and converting third downs with a nice power run game by Iosefa, for 82 yards and a touchdown run. The Hawaii crowd did silence after Carr connected on his second touchdown pass and with a couple minutes left the Bulldogs were only down 10. But the Warriors drove down the field and connected on a field goal to ice the game for good.
    "This was by far the best we have played on both sides of the ball and we really outdid ourselves by beating a very well-coached and talented team today, despite what the student body thinks about them." Coach Westcott said after the game.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    • Like Like x 1