S1 Wk6

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by oneshot24, Jul 24, 2013.

1. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

RUTGERS GET ANOTHER WIN BEAT SMU 41-17
    WK6NCAA.PNG
    WK6NCAA1.PNG
    Rutgers would get another win this week to improve to 4-1 on the season. They would do so by playing great Defense only allowing 140 Yards of Total Offense and by playing dominating Offense. QB Gary Nova would play another decent game throwing for 272 yards 2 TD but would also get 2 INT. The Back bone of the offense so far this season has been the Jr. HB Savon Huggins who would have another great day rushing for 151 yards on 24 carries. HB Paul James would see his playing time in Goal Line formations this game and would get 6 Carries 9 yards and 2 TD's. Overall it was a great game for the Scarlet Knights, After the game Coach Varno had this to say, "Today we played great however it was far from perfect we had a few disappointing drives that resulted in Turnovers its something were gonna work on over the week cause that cant happen in close games, Now were gonna get ready for Idaho."​

• Like Like x 1
  2. GDip

GDip Walk On

why are you kicking a FG as time expires? this is now the second time i've seen this from users vs cpus.

3. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

Wont do it again didn't think it would be a problem. My bad

4. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

USF FG Party Falls Short at Home

[​IMG]

In a thrilling game (the one user game I don't capture of course) , the Bearcats get a huge away victory in their first conference game. The Cats would start out behind the 8 ball as they let USF and coach AwaLL march right down the field and score a TD, about a 4 minute drive. The Cats respond with a FG after being stopped on the goal line for 3 downs. USF would then get another FG before half to make the score 10-3 USF.

Now the drama begins.....

The Bearcats would go scoreless in the 3rd quarter, giving up 2 FGs to USF to make the score 16-3. After a few possesion exchanges including an INT by UC, the Cats got the ball back with around 4:30 to play in the 4th. QB Brandon Kay would hit a 53 yard TD strike to WR Chris Moore to make things interesting, 16-10.

With a little over 3 minutes to go, the Bearcats figure it's a one possesion game and having a 3 timeouts they kick the ball back to USF. USF drives down and kicks a FG with 1:53 left in the game to put it at 19-10, 2 possesion game and the Cats thought that was the dagger. However, they didn't give up and after a minute and ten seconds, Brandon Kay leads the Cats to the 1 yd line and HB Abernathy in his first game back from injury, crosses the goal line to put it to a 2 point ballgame, 19-17 with 43 seconds left.

Only thing left from here to do was an onside kick...UC recovered the onside kick with 40 seconds to go and had to get into FG range. Again QB Brandon Kay led them down the field and UC kicked a 23 yard FG with 10 seconds left to win the game, 20-19. USF had about 3 plays after the kickoff and ended up throwing an INT as time expired.

Hell of a game by USF, I felt defeated the whole game until the last 3 minutes. VERY TOUGH defense and I could see them not losing another game all season.

Player of the game was UC's QB Branden Kay with 330 yards 1 TD 1 INT

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  5. AwaLL

AwaLL Walk On

Hell of a game Nelly, sorry for not saying so immediately after the game... that was a tough one to take lol. Well played in the 4th.

6. nellycuz

I understand man I would have been the same way. That was such a crazy game at the end there, I couldn't believe I won. I wrote it off in the start of the 4th Q. That's what you get though for that crazy playoff win in RS Mia vs Pitt lol. Looking forward to our next one..

7. nellycuz

8. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Hawaii goes 3-0 in Conference Play Behind Special Teams Blunder to Edge San Jose St in Overtime, 31-24
    Hawaii opens their MWC season with a shocking 3-0 start but needed a lot of luck and big breaks to pull off another upset. San Jose St came out sluggish falling behind by two touchdowns due to corner Tony Grimes picking off two interceptions in the first quarter in San Jose territory and Hawaii were able to counter with the short field. San Jose had other plans though and quickly regained momentum by tossing two touchdowns and adding a field goal in the second quarter and with Hawaii adding their own field goal it was knotted at the half. San Jose quickly regained their poise and added another touchdown pass and Hawaii were left scratching their head when Tony Grimes had two touchdown returns called back for clipping, which seemed to pull all the offensive momentum away from the Warriors. The fourth quarter saw a lot of drama when Hawaii's defense stepped up and they drove down the field with a touchdown toss and then they forced a quick 3 and out late in the fourth quarter but QB Taylor Graham tossed a pick and San Jose drove down the field into field goal range with seconds remaining. Unfortunately for San Jose, they couldn't get the snap off in time and Hawaii answered the bell with their first possession in OT with a touchdown catch on third and long. San Jose came out and were forced out of the game on 4 plays.
    Sorry nellycuz, I was going to do this write up but got bogged down with work nonsense and forgot. GG SmashMouthFB33! I definitely deserved the L in this game!

• Like Like x 1
  9. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

Great Game to you as well Sir. I am a dumbass and should be fired for such a blunder considering I had all 3 timeouts left