(S10) Manager Rating Reports (A)

Discussion in 'TSL A' started by Frenchie1916, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

A_Touch_Of_Class - Based on 10 ratings. ATOC plays like he talks - straight forward and right down your throat. Out of the 10 managers who evaluated him, all they could seem to agree on is that his philosophy is offensive, he’ll shoot from anywhere, and he attacks up the gut. Other than that, there’s no one piece of data on which you can hang your hat to beat this guy. If you stand back, he’ll fire (with accuracy) from distance. If you close him down, he’ll pass and move or dump to the wings for a cross. Defensively, he’s just as solid. He’s patient, waiting for you to make a mistake or drift too close to one of his defenders, from where he can launch a quick counterattack. ATOC does love his speed. If you can keep four guys behind the ball, you have a good chance of frustrating him on offense. Scoring, however, is another matter. Find your chances and take advantage to get the ball in the net. ATOC stuck with a 4-3-3 when he ran Season 9, giving him multiple weapons for his quick counters. What he uses in the future remains to be seen.
    FORMATION: 4-3-3
    SPORTSMANSHIP SCORE: 4.44

BESHIKTAS – Based on 5 ratings. What can be said about our Turkish friend that hasn’t been said before? When he’s on, Beshiktas is nothing short of clinical. His passes are crisp, he finds alleys and open men. He draws your defenders out of shape and then he calmly deposits the ball into the back of the net. He was rated surprisingly few times, but those who did agreed Beshiktas likes to play the counter with speed. QPR provided that in spades and whether a straight counter or a cross-filed switch, he likes to turn the tables on you quickly and get you on your heels. And on defense – smothering and almost flawless. In his half, he’ll get to your passes before you do. And if he doesn’t, you’d better be thinking two moves ahead, because you know he is. He ran the 4-2-3-1 wide with QPR, but Spartak Moscow will give him a whole different avenue of attack.
    FORMATION: 4-2-3-1 wide
    SPORTSMANSHIP SCORE: 4.2

Broncos218 – Based on 4 ratings. Broncos is another Serie A stalwart who will mix things up to beat you. With Anzhi, he liked to launch quick counters, only to dish it out to the wings and cross it back in. If that strategy wasn’t paying dividends, he’d kill you with patience, passing around the box, waiting for his opponent to make a mistake before striking, which he does with power and from wherever he feels he has the best chance, both near and far. He liked the 3-5-2, leaving him vulnerable wide in the back, but he compensated by dropping his midfielders back to help if his opponents’ counters took too long to develop. His man marking is smothering, and will take considerable effort and patience to break down.
    FORMATION: 3-5-2
    SPORTSMANSHIP SCORE: 5

CxMacx10Based on 6 ratings. There’s a reason CxMacx10 won Serie A in Season 9. He can play the game any way he needs to. Despite only being rated six times by other TFS managers, his ratings represented among the widest varieties in the league – what everyone did seem to agree on though, was his creativity. His chance creation seldom comes from the cross, but what he can do down the middle, with short, precise passes and deadly accurate shots from distance are more than capable to pick most teams apart. CxMacx10 dropped the Hammers in favor of the Seattle Sounders, who have no shortage of speed and powerful legs to continue his onslaught. Trying to figure out CxMacx10, offensively or defensively, is like looking for shapes in the clouds: once you think you have it figured out, it’s gone and transformed itself into a kangaroo with a jackhammer.
    FORMATION: 4-4-2 Diamond Wide
    SPORTSMANSHIP SCORE: 3.92

doozBased on 5 ratings. Dooz was a manager a lot of other managers had a hard time figuring out. His playing style didn’t seem to fit a mold, as some saw him as aggressive, others as defensive. With some players his possession seemed to stay on the wings and others he tried to attack up the gut. Universally, his shooting tendency, like most of the league, tended to be close in and his passes short, but therein the consistency ends. And perhaps that’s why dooz did so well with a team that historically had very little defense in Corinthians. Season 10 will see him take control of Swansea, which has a different, albeit just as dangerous, bevy of attacking options.
    FORMATION: 4-2-2-2
    SPORTSMANSHIP SCORE: 3.67

IJGator Based on 6 ratings. IJGator is one of the more purely offensive-minded members of TFS. Just about everyone who evaluated his play agreed he favored offensive vs. defensive play. He’ll rely heavily on the counterattack at first, but will settle down into a more sustained attack as the game goes on. And, as with the players who rise to the top, IJGator is adaptive. Of the six managers who evaluated him, one said he relied almost entirely on crosses, and two indicated his play was based almost entirely on possession. His possession area favors the middle, but he’ll shift it outside if he finds too much traffic for his liking. Like most of us, he likes the short passes that ensure possession, but he will shoot from anywhere, using both power and finesse. Taking control of Tigres of the Liga MX, IJGator now brings a further unknown into an already boiling mix.
    FORMATION: 4-2-3-1 Wide
    SPORTSMANSHIP SCORE: 4.97

juanchoCT14 – Based on 2 ratings. JuanchoCT14 is another veteran who has only limited data by which to judge. Based on the nearly across-the-board high numbers assigned to his gameplay, Juancho is offensive, dynamic, and likes his possession. He doesn’t much distribute to the corners, but will rather drive and pass down your throat, and will mix his power and finesse shots. The two who rated him – themselves both highly skilled players, agreed: “(JuanchoCT14) worked the ball offensively and managed to create space with his passes. Didn't settle for poor shots, but instead waited until he got into good position before firing a quality shot.” Juancho is patient and effective, and now that he’s back in Serie A, his 39 goals last year show he’s not looking to find his way back to the middle tier any time soon.
    FORMATION: Unknown
    SPORTSMANSHIP SCORE: 4.42

LasVegasFC – Based on 6 ratings. LasVegasFC plays the counter, pure and simple. He will try and stand your attack up as soon as you cross the midfield line and quickly dish it back to his attackers. Even if he doesn’t thwart your attack immediately, he’ll still initiate an immediate counter, with the over-the-top pass to his front line being his preferred method of attack. If you regroup your back line, he’ll dish to the wings and cross with devastating accuracy. In short, LasVegasFC is one of the best in-air players in the entire league, and he will take advantage of it both in run-of-play and from set pieces. He can be thwarted if you can pick off his preferred long passes or short-circuit his crosses, but get caught with the three-headed Cerberus of Vieirinha, Perisic and/or Olic behind you, and you’ll likely come out on the short end of the exchange.
    FORMATION: Unknown
    SPORTSMANSHIP SCORE: 3.56

RedAL925 – Based on 5 ratings. Der Kommisar is perhaps the most adaptive player in the league. He will adjust strategies on the fly and come at you with something totally different from minute to minute. What he loves, though, is the possession game. He will run you around, looking for the gaps and alleys through which he can slide that perfect pass, and his striking can be lethal. If his opponent parks the bus, he’ll happily swing it out wide and send in crosses. On defense, he’ll bend to a certain point, and then form a wall. As with most of the Serie A stalwarts, he’s just solid. Breaking RedAl925 down isn’t a matter of knowing his weaknesses so much as spotting a momentary lapse on the pitch and capitalizing immediately. Fail to do that, and it’s back to running around on defense, hoping he doesn’t break you down.
    FORMATION: 4-3-3 Holding
    SPORTSMANSHIP SCORE: 4.67

rschwep – Based on 4 ratings. Rschwep is another riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a mystery. And all of that is bundled in a wurst mit sauerkraut. Rschwep changes his formations, changes his lineups, changes his philosophy of play (offensive vs. defensive). He likes to dribble rather than cross, but what struck me most were the comments on his offensive vision from two of the best players in the league: Sees passing lanes well and completes long passes to open men you do not see coming. And: I thought I was playing good defense, but he saw openings I wouldn't even have thought of. Defensively, he’ll force your players wide, so attacking him down the middle is a nervy challenge. Basically, the rule of thumb on offense is take what Rschwep gives you, and it won’t be a lot. And on defense… well, good luck. Sew your boys up tight, and if you think there’s a sliver of a gap somewhere, the consensus is that Rschwep will find it and exploit it.
    FORMATION: Multiple
    SPORTSMANSHIP SCORE: 4.79

shifteeBased on 6 ratings. Shiftee has lived and died by speed and counterattack for season after season. When CSKA was ripped from him, he went with Gremio, but his strategy stayed the same – long pass (or through ball), get it to the fastest man up front, and try to create a 1-on-1 situation. If that doesn’t work, go to the cross. Repeat. Defensively, he stacks numbers in the back – 5-4-1, 4-4-2 flat. It’s a simple strategy, and obviously effective, given his record. And it was said time and again, shiftee will cross you to death, so defend them at the source, defend them in the box, because he will drop 10, 15, even 19 on you in a single match.
    SPORTSMANSHIP SCORE: 3.64

ZikryBased on 5 ratings. And last (alphabetically) cometh Zikry whose attacking style of play has changed over the past season. He still prefers and offensive thrust, putting opponents on their heels, but his preferred attack now comes much more down the wings. This doesn’t always mean from a crossing opportunity, but the possession area was clearly toward the touch lines. If he gets it deep into your zone, he’ll dance along the end line, either baiting you to poke it into touch for a corner or dance around you where he can look for a pass onto the box. Defensively, he’s regarded as a passing interception master. If you see an opening, there’s a good chance he saw it first. Dummies may be a way to throw him off his game, but it’s a strategy that can only go so far. Playing a possession game, where the ball carrier has multiple passing outlets is really your best bet for breaking him down. And if you do lose it, get your central midfielders back to soften his attack quickly, because the counter is coming. If you are forced to rely on just a back line to halt his counters, your keeper will have a sore back from scooping the ball out of the net all night.
    SPORTSMANSHIP SCORE: 4.47

• Like Like x 6
  2. rschwep

rschwep Always Rebuilding

Featured Threads:
    Wow, that's a very flattering rating of me! Thanks to whoever provided those compliments...hope I can put it all together one of these seasons.

And this is an awesome project, thank you to all who put the work in to rate someone.

3. rschwep

Featured Threads:
    Also, you can ask CxMacx10, the reason for my comments might be because I play with the camera very zoomed out, for that very purpose of increasing my offensive vision. Glad to see it's working! Now, if only I could finish.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

The reason for what?

5. CxMacx10

CxMacx10 Walk On

Yeah. If Schwep could finish, the league would be in trouble. But...... He sucks and he cant. So carry on.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rschwep

Featured Threads:
    Oops, left out a word. Reason for my comments

7. CxMacx10

CxMacx10 Walk On

I'm assuming his field vision to see long passes and gaps you can't see from the more zoomed cameras.

8. Go Devils

Go Devils Agnostic Pastafarian

I love picking up hidden gems of advice... changing my camera next time I am on :)

Nice work with this division of reports everyone and the writeup by Frenchie1916

9. dooz

dooz Walk On

Good stuff. I'm surprised to see my sportsmanship so low. I feel like I return the ball more than most and don't press, etc. Maybe it's just a small sample size thing but if anyone ever notices something I'm doing that's unsportsman-like, please bring it to my attention.

10. Frenchie1916

Sportsmanship includes flexibility in scheduling, communication in scheduling, passbacks and pressing, communication after the game. It's not just on-field sportsmanship, but how you interact with your fellow managers. And if one person was slighted/pissed/what have you after a game, he may have given lower scores, which could throw off the whole average.

• Like Like x 1
  11. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

Yes! I'm going to try some games tonight with the new camera angle.

12. Go Devils

I can't stress for the new guys... and some of the grumpy old guys of the league the importance of the "please" and "thank you" and how far that goes in life. For our purposes... "good luck" and "good game." It just goes a long way. Finishing the game and not responding at all to someone you spent time scheduling with, then playing 30-40 minutes against out of your day, just makes your opponent assume you're either a jerk or you don't give a shit. I know there are a lot of good guys in this league, so why not just spend 5 seconds to type that it AT THE MINIMUM.

There are lots of you who subscribe to the post game summary message either on PSN or via PM here and I am eternally grateful. Something along the lines of "Here's what I saw...here's where I could have done better or got lucky...and you played great here and there. Anyways... good luck and see you next time."

Folks that don't do that have opponents assuming a lot about their personality whether right or wrong and that can lead to some of this in the rating IMO. I've already bitched about scheduling once or twice in 2013 so I am passing on that. :) For the most part my return season to Serie B was awesome in that regard.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

No need to assume when you are playing me, I'm just an asshole :) Honestly though, I hate the PSN messaging. I'll type up a novel in a PM here if anyone wants to talk about the game, but other than the simple "good luck" or "gg" I rarely ever send PSN messages just because it takes forever to write what I would want to say.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Go Devils

still better than nothing ...I'll take it over what I get from a few folks

15. Frenchie1916

How'd it work out for you? I played a few in Co-op, instead of the usual Tele, and I saw much more of the field, but the far sidfe of the field felt like it was a mile away. I was better on offense, but my defensive tackles and angles to block were off a bit.

16. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

haven't tried it yet. I'll play some friendlies tonight with the new camera settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.