(S10) Preview Poll #2: Group of Life

Discussion in 'TSL Cup' started by Broncos218, Jun 5, 2013.

?

Which group is the "Group of Life?"

1. Group A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Group B

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Group C

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Group D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Group E

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. Group F

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. Group G

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. Group H

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Last season's Group of Life was quickly coined "shiftee 's Slaughterhouse." Yet the eventual Coppa champ had trouble in a 5-team group with COLDPredator, pitt4life21, and two now ex-TFS members in thebouncer24 and gyroman912. Which group is the easiest this season?

[​IMG]

2. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Group H seems like an "easy" road for RedAL, however, I think Group E is probably the most balanced out of all the groups. I think all 4 teams have a legit chance of qualifying out of the group, even though I know little about how Fred Paul plays as a new comer.

3. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

I went with H as well. New owners are always tough to rate at this point, so we know what we're getting in Group H... and all 4 managers in that group have not been playing up their potential recently.

4. dooz

dooz Walk On

What's the definition of the "Group of Life"? To me, it's the group that will be easiest for the favorites to advance and least chance of upset. I've never played bigox so maybe that's where I'm going wrong, but the more I look at it, it's group G to me (I already voted for H).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

just generally the worst/easiest group. So if you had zik/shiftee in one group, and then two C sides... it'd be lopsided, but probably not really the all-around easiest. I guess to sum it up, it's a group where all teams have a decent shot at advancing

6. dooz

dooz Walk On

Fair enough. My vote for H looks good then.

7. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

Disagree. Shouldn't it be the opposite of death? So in death, all teams are good, which means in life, one team is better than the rest.

I would argue your definition would qualify as death, since there's no clear favorite

• Like Like x 2
  8. dooz

dooz Walk On

That's kinda what I was thinking. The group where one or two teams seem to have easiest passage to knockout rounds.

9. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

this would be my definition too, but hey, English is not my first language :) I would let Frenchie1916 make that definition :)

That is why I voted for F. For those who voted for H- are you saying RedAL925 can fly thru this group with his eyes closed? I don`t think so!

10. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Maybe that wasn't the best way to describe it, but I guess another way I'd think about is that in a Group of Death, I would've expected more than 2/4 teams to for sure advance in normal group (think euro group w/ germany, netherlands, portugal, denmark... ger/net/por should all normally advance) while in a Group of Life, a team will surely advance despite them not normally advancing in normal groups (example would be England, Algeria, Slovenia... and Canada). That's why I voted shiftee's group last year- shiftee's good, but I didn't think the others were worthy of normally being top-2.

But still the basic premise behind it is the opposite of the Group of Death, however you want to define it.

11. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

I always thought group of life was a group where I could see of the teams making it out of the group stage. Last season for example I voted for shiftee group because, to me, shiftee was the clear favorite but every single other team had a legit chance of claiming that second spot

So to sum up I guess it would be one clear favorite, then every single other team having a realistic chance at still qualifying in 2nd?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  12. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

This definition has always been what group of life means to me. Media labels the group of life the same way.

13. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

For starters I'm not lobbying for votes, just to be clear.

If group of death = hard, group of life would = easy. So how is a group where anyone can advance easy? A group of life for me would be shiftee with OhDaesu, county5, and (I can't think of another). Shiftee would have the easiest road to the knockouts, hence group of life

• Like Like x 1
  14. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Agree to disagree on this one. Group of death for me is a group filled with tough opponents that on their day can beat anyone. Group of life could be seen as the opposite where the group is comprised of a bunch of question marks (making it tough to predict who would qualify). A group with Frenchie, Go Devils, Ucan, redwings rather than an ATOC, Mac, Winged, guayo group (for example). Either way we know you will somehow still spectacularly fail to qualify out of the group stages RedAL925 :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.