(S10) State of the League

Discussion in 'TSL: Tradition Soccer League' started by RedAL925, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

We started this league almost 2.5 years ago with 20 managers and no idea how long we would keep it going. 10 seasons later, here we are in one of the best leagues on TSO. Congratulations to the select few who've made it for all 10 (we're down to 6), and congratulations to everyone else for finding this gem of a league.

Massive thanks to all those who have been involved in maintaining this league, including Zikry Frenchie1916 and Broncos218, without whom this league would have been long gone.

SEASON 10 RECAP

It's always difficult to wrap up the last season of the cycle. For the most part, we did a decent job of getting close to 100% completion. Serie A and B were only a couple games off, while Serie C had some membership issues that derailed the 100% quest.

Recently, we discussed ad nauseum the issue of turnovers and passbacks. It seems that this open forum caused more problems than it did solve them. I'm not going to discuss this at length since gameplay will likely change for FIFA 14, but the basic principles will still apply:

We try as much as we can to let you all play the game as you see fit, but there are some aspects of game play that we need to restrict. We don't want to get to a point where every single play has some kind of rule (see: NCAA). But at the same time, there are some things that are just not fun to play against.

The discussion was meant to be just that, a discussion. The guidelines we came up with were intended to be just that, guidelines. If you find yourself trying to interpret and manipulate these guidelines, this isn't the place for you.

---------- ----------

EDITORIAL

We understand that your personal life comes first, and we are very accepting of that fact. We continue to bend for vacation time, absences, etc. and we will continue to do so. That being said, when you sign up for this league, you’re making a commitment to both the league and its members. If for some reason you cannot complete the season, please work with us to figure out a solution. Most of the time it’s simply finishing half of your schedule to keep things fair for the rest of the league. You’re going to earn a lot more respect if you stick it out for half or the rest of the season than you would by just dropping us like a bad habit.

We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, “I’m on now” is NOT good scheduling. Post your availability at the beginning of the week, and continue to communicate with your opponent throughout the week to set up a time. If you’re not sure what your availability is for the week, post that. If you’re unavailable, post that. Something is always better than nothing. The notorious “invisible schedulers” will be eliminated quickly in FIFA 14, so it’s in your best interest to start practicing.

Similarly, there are still a few managers that don’t post results in a timely manner. That needs to stop. When you finish your game, record the stats however you do, then please post them, if not that minute, then the next day.

---------- ----------

SEASON 11 NEWS

As we stated at the beginning of this season, we will play the entirety of FIFA 14 on PS3. All TFS-sanctioned events will take place there. At this time, we have no earthly idea what we're going to do when PS4 comes out. In all likelihood there will be some kind of extended mini-tournament running so that XBox deserters can get their feet wet in the TFS atmosphere. That's all we have to say about that for the time being. When the system is released, we'll talk more.

TF United will also be back for FIFA 14. Traditionally we haven't had the best success as far as sustained turnout goes, but it's a fun game mode, and we will continue to host TF United. If you're interested, leadership opportunities are available for TFU, inquire in the TF United forum.

Make sure you follow @TFSerie on twitter! Seriously though, personal accounts and team accounts should be following. A lot of information (including some exclusives) is posted there.

And how could I forget #BIGPLANS.....

• Like Like x 10
  2. RedAL925

3. RedAL925

Any comments, questions, concerns can be posted here. Season 11 commitment threads will be posted closer to the release date. #BIGPLANS will be released in a week or so, pending completion of the MVP awards.

4. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Need to continue with TF United going.. Freaking loved that mode, especially with all the guys on here.. Always seemed to busy my balls for hitting posts all the time!! I would like to be some type of leader role for TF United in some way or the other... Being in school my schedule will change with three design classes but I will try to get into a routine with the schedule.. Can not wait for the #BIGPLANS!!!

5. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

I'd love to get TF United up and running again it def. was fun playing with everyone at one time. Caniac if you see me on and want to run a TF game with just us or whoever else is on at the time just shoot me a psn msg.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RedAL925

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.