(S10) TFS Cups: Discussion

Discussion in 'TSL Cup' started by Broncos218, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

[​IMG]
    COPPA CONFEDERAZIONE
    SUPERCOPPA
    TSO-PREMIER OPEN CUP
    Discussion
    Discuss everything related to Season 10 cup competitions here​

• Like Like x 2
  2. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

guayo10 group automatically becomes the group of death IMO

3. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Very kind words sir. One question is the Coppa Tradizione like the Champions League and then Confederazione (Europa League)? Or are they both weighted the same?

4. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

The Confed (Europa League) is basically the losers bracket.

5. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

Has there ever been a manager never missed out on finals since Coppa has launched?

6. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Never missed out on the final? With the structure of the cup it is REALLY hard for anyone to keep getting to the final, regardless of how good they are imo. Every final has had at least one of me, Broncos, or CxMac though with only the most recent final not featuring either myself or Broncos.

7. BESHIKTAS

I meant to say quarter-finals, semi-finals

8. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Broncos218 had the stats for those last season, but only for the quarterfinals.

You have the longest streak of active consecutive QF appearances with 5.

Mac and myself have made the most QF appearances, 6 of the 7 times. The one time CxMac did not make it was because he did not qualify from his group, while I lost to Cimmy and his Monchengladbach team in the Round of 16 in a PK shootout. Dam, I just noticed that Monchengladbach have knocked me out twice (including last season) :(

9. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

glad you asked!

I didn't look into quarters/semis, but I remember I did some detailed post last season on me/zik/mac breaking down how far we've reached. But in terms of advancing out of the group stage and into the Coppa Tradizione knockout stage...

Only 7 people advanced out of the the group stage and into the Coppa Tradizione's knockout stage in both Seasons 8 & 9. Going back to see who has the longest active streak of those 7, 4 of them have been eliminated in the group stage at some point.
    Broncos218 made it thru in Seasons 8-9
    LasVegasFC advanced in 7-9
    vipermansa also advanced in 7-9
    BESHIKTAS has a nice streak, making it out in 5-9

That leaves 3 people who have advanced to the Tradizione knockout stage every Coppa... kinda...
    juanchoCT14 has advanced every season (Season 3-9, as the first two held the TFL Cup), except for when he sat out TFS in Season 6.
    That leaves Zikry and shiftee as the only ones to have advanced out of their groups every single time (a streak of 7 straight Coppa's). Breaking down their group stage dominance a bit more...

shiftee has finished 1st in his group every single time. Zikry finished 1st 6 times, and the one time he placed second in his group, he still tied the group winner in points, but only placed 2nd due to goal differential. Here are their career group stage records...
    Zikry: 18-2-1, 61 GF, 13 GA
    shiftee: 19-2-1, 79 GF, 16 GA
    And yet for all their dominance in the group stage over the past 7 seasons, the two veteran managers have never met in a Coppa match, group or knockout.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

I didn't realize how dominant shiftee has been in the group stages. His only two ties came in last season's group too!

11. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Unrelated, but looking at past voted upon Group of Death/Life to see who has luck on their side in the draw...

2 people have been voted into both the Group of Death and Group of Life twice- RedAL925 and hokie79.

1 person has been in the Group of Life more than twice- Frenchie1916 has been lucky 3 times, and was able to advance to the Coppa Tradizione knockout stage once as a result.

Someone must be late on their payments to me, as just 1 person has been in the Group of Death more than twice- vipermansa, who's been in it 4 times (all in the past 5 seasons)! Yet viper has still advanced 3 of those 4 times.

12. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

Remind me how I did in those? Pretty sure I got out of both death groups but failed in both life groups...

13. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

split.

S4 Group of Life: 1st, advanced
    S8 Group of Life: 3rd

S5 Group of Death: 2nd, advanced
    S6 Group of Death: 3rd

• Like Like x 1
  14. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

I was lulled into a false sense of security!!

15. BESHIKTAS

Where is the Poll? Zikry

death and life Poll! :)

16. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Broncos takes care of those :)

17. BESHIKTAS

Oh ! I thought it was you ! Especially this one :)

18. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

computer froze shortly after the draw... but i'm back up and working on it

• Like Like x 1
  19. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

RedAL925 vipermansa Go Devils Geneseo98

just to keep you guys in the loop on how we plan on tentatively handling the extra team in your group...
    -if the last spot is filled within the next few days, 2 of his games will be opened this week (so 4 group games would be open MW1, 3 on MW2, and 3 on MW3)
    -if the last spot is filled sometime between 1-2 weeks from now, 2 games will be opened immediately as well (so 2 group games MW1, 4 on MW2, 4 on MW3)
    -if the last spot is filled shortly after MW3 opens, then all of the new user's games would be unlocked immediately (so 2 group games MW1, 2 on MW2, 6 on MW3)
    -if the last spot is NOT filled within 3 weeks, the final spot will likely be vacated and Group H will act like a normal 4-team group

so if that final slot were to be filled during the "buffer" week between the end of the group games and before the start of the knockout stage, the slot would likely remain empty as I'd like to give you all at least 2 weeks for all games.

20. vipermansa

vipermansa Walk On

Reminder, I'm out of town basically 6/13 thru 6/22

21. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

After some discussions, bbrech0610 will be dropped from this season's Coppa. Therefore accommodations will be made to fill his spot...

slicknick202 will move from Group A to Group E... w/o bbrech in Group E, that group is w/o a"Pot 3" team, and slicknick would have been in that pot had we accommodated for the change beforehand. Luckily, slicknick is currently in the 5-team Group A, so that immediately balances all groups to be 4-team groups (although Group H will continue to hold the spot for 10th Serie C team). Obviously, slicknick's already played Coppa game will be wiped out.

Schedules/Tables have been updated.

A_Touch_Of_Class
    Zikry
    Selvy9
    pitt4life21
    (zik/atoc- you're MD1 game against each other will still remain unlocked, but that also means you two won't have a MD2 game)

rschwep
    Fred Paul
    LasVegasFC

22. slicknick202

slicknick202 Walk On

:/ lost my win lmaoo no prob with me idc lol atleast i dodge my man Zikry and @A_Touch_Of_Class

• Like Like x 1
  23. vipermansa

vipermansa Walk On

Broncos218
    Is the second game going to be open when I'm gone?
    If so can I play it early?

24. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

yes you can play your second game now... I believe I tagged you and your matchday 2 opponent somewhere saying it was open

• Like Like x 1
  25. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

When will the scheduling thread for match day 2 be open?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.