(S11) TFSerie C Discussion

Discussion in 'TSL C' started by Frenchie1916, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

2. Frenchie1916

A few housekeeping items:

* Make sure you visit this thread and post your time zone, PSN user name, Twitter handle (if you have one), and follow @TFSerie on Twitter. Create a TFS Twitter page and your Club Page, too... We're all about content! I know it'll take a few days to populate, but do your best to add all of the TFS members to your PSN friends list - it'll make it easier when the Coppa starts, since you won't just be playing Serie C members there.

* I want to remind everyone that we use real rosters in this league. When you go into FIFA to play a league or a Coppa match, be sure to update your squad's rosters before the match to ensure you have the latest personnel. To do this, follow these steps from the main FIFA page:

Customize FIFA > Edit Teams > Change Squads/Rosters > Download Updates

After you update your rosters, you will be able to set and save your preferred lineup in the Team Management screen. That way you will not have to rush to set it up pre-match. EA usually updates the rosters on Fridays, but just to be sure, go to the Change Squads/Rosters every time you're going to play a match. If there's no update, the game will tell you.

If you're found to have used an illegal/out-of-date lineup, you run the risk of getting a red card, depending on the circumstances and how out-of-date the lineup is.

* I will post the schedule every Wednesday morning around 9 a.m.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frenchie1916

And here's an example of the stats we're looking for (and we always LOVE a good post-match write-up of the events that transpired!). Also please include clean sheets if one of the 'keepers gets one. In the event that a player is suspended for a match because of a red card or yellow card accumulation, please make a note of it so it can be recorded in the table, as well. Also PLEASE color-code your match reports, so I don't have to go Googling to determine who scored for which team!

Matchday 1
    VfB Stuttgart vs PSV Eindhoven

Match Facts
    3 Goals 1
    7 Shots 23
    4 SOT 12
    55% Possession 45%
    14 Tackles 15
    3 Fouls 2
    0 Offsides 1
    0 Corners 2
    2 :yellowcard: 1
    0 :redcard: 0
    Match Events
    :goal: Tamas Hajnal (3') :assist:William Kvist
    :goal: Cacau (45') :assist:Ibrahima Traore
    :goal: Cacau (52') :assist:Martin Harnik
    :goal: Ola Toivonen (69') :assist:Dries Mertens
    :yellowcard: - Ibrahima Traore (16')
    :yellowcard:- Jetro Willems (52')
    :yellowcard: - Serdar Tasci (56')
    MOTM
    Jeremain Lens - PSV

Stuttgart - Die Roten earned its first victory of the year against visiting Dutch side PSV Eindhoven and redwings8831 in a match that would be remembered as much for its physicality as it was for the quick first strike that got the home side on the board. Stuttgart was lethal in its passing just minutes into the game, finding tiny pockets of space in which to operate, and capitalizing when William Kvist drew two defenders and offloaded to Tamas Hajnal, whose weak foot blast was too much for Przemyslaw Tyton to handle.

PSV tried repeatedly to draw equal, launching cross after cross into the Stuttgart box, but the German defense was able to either out-leap their Dutch opponents, or give enough of a jostle that few of those successful tries ultimately ended on target. Stuttgart twisted the dagger by scoring seconds before the half when pacey winger Ibrahima Traore floated a pinpoint-accurate cross onto the head of Cacau for the first of what would ultimately be a brace for the Brazilian-born striker. Cacau struck again shortly after the half when Martin Harnik was hauled down on the right side of the pitch, about 20 yards from the end line, giving a perfect position for a crossed free kick. At 52 minutes gone, the home side were up 3-0 and looking to cruise.

But the Dutch had different ideas. The tempo and physicality of the match ticked up decidedly, as PSV mixed its attacks with long shots, crosses and attempted through balls to try and penetrate the German defense. At 69 minutes, they were ultimately successful when Dries Mertens sent a cross right along the length of the end line onto the waiting head of Ola Toivonen. But that was all the visitors were able to muster. Despite the scoreline showing 23 shots and 12 on target for them, many of those were deflected by the German backline, and the game wasn't so one-sided as the numbers might suggest. It was, beginning to end, a tense affair. Even up 3 goals, Stuttgart knew that PSV and redwings8831 could be back in the match in a matter of seconds.

4. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Yea Yea I know how to do stuff... common man....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Frenchie1916

Just for the benefit of all, man!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Sweet, I'll get to working on my team page asap!

7. Frenchie1916

I'll be on tonight for friendlies as soon as I can get the wife to bed. Willing to play any and all. Welcome newcomers; welcome returning veterans pitt4life21 and Geneseo98 ; and welcome back, prodigal sons krtgolfing and Cimmy24

I'll do my damndest to have a viable a Serie C preview up and running tomorrow.

8. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

I know!! Was just giving you a hard time!!

9. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Frenchie1916 Assuming we can start playing the matches on Wednesay? Will the finalized settings be ready by then..

pitt4life21 & Spayer419 .. Any chance you guys could play our matches Wednesday or Thursday... I know this is no the schedule thread but will be MIA for a few days and want to try to get my matches it before I leave... Thanks in advance.

10. Frenchie1916

There will be a scheduling and a results thread posted tomorrow, so don't jump the gun. Any matches played beforehand will not count unless you get preapproval (if you're going to be away for a week, for example, let me know and we'll work it out). So yes, starting at 9 a.m. tomorrow morning, let 'er rip! I will tag everyone in the thread, remind you to check the rules and regs, moderate your pressure, update your rosters, etc.

11. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Wednesday works time?

12. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Yeah I can play Wednesday or Thursday night, any time after 7 EST

13. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Anytime after 5pm est till whenever

Either night works for me as well...

Still need to hear back from frenchie that we are good to go and get the final settings. Thanks guys.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  14. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

6 works

15. gutnedawg

gutnedawg Walk On

This doesn't have much to do with the season but I'm so upset they decided to zoom in on some celebrations. It literally ruins the arrow celebration because you could launch it directly into your opponents screen and now it's just a side view. It makes me sad :(

16. Frenchie1916

Welcome to season 11, folks. I apologize for not being as accessible as I normally am on the PSN in the ramp-up to this season - dealing with a kindergartner with nightmares has led to some exhausting evenings. Anywho, I'm hopeful we'll get two more bodies in here ASAP so we can fill out the last two spots and end these early byes in the schedule. If you know of anyone, please send them our way!

Also, the four new guys, PLEASE make sure you are familiar with the rules and regs that dictate our style of play, where and when pressure is OK and where it's not (we NEVER guard short goal kicks or throw-ins outside of your own defensive third, for example). Any disputes, take it to a PM here on the boards and if necessary, include my and/or RedAL925 in the discussion - don't take your gripes to the open forums.

We always expect a few hiccups in the first few weeks of Serie C as guys get used to the demands of TFS and sim play. But we do expect you to know and understand our expectations - I don't want to hear reports of guys slide tackling all over the pitch, applying full-field pressure and other shenanigans that we've come here to escape.

This truly is a phenomenal league not just because we have a great commissioner in RedAl and incomparable support from Zikry, Broncos218 and (humbly) myself, but because of the members who keep coming back season after season, playing great, good and even ugly football. Respect them and the game and I promise they will do the same.

Good luck this season, and I'll see you on the pitch!

• Like Like x 1
  17. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

We would hate to see you celebrate and watch your goal over and over again anyway :) L1 R1 a will get you skip those. Zikry on the other hand would love to see the replays hehe , just kidding

• Like Like x 1
  18. gutnedawg

gutnedawg Walk On

That's what I usually do but I just loved that celebration

19. Frenchie1916

Please make note of this from the League Discussion thread:

IMPORTANT: If your match ends in a draw, and no one quits, the clock runs and it's likely you won't have time to gather stats. Since this is the case, and since the home team is responsible for posting in the event of a draw, it is the responsibility of the AWAY side to LEAVE MATCH before the clock runs out.

20. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

I take pictures of the screen, and post it when I have time. It takes no time to take pictures. Another thing to keep in mind ( new guys) if you ever have an issue with someone's game play-- for example too many crosses, too many tackles in your half.... Take pictures of them, so you have some sort of evidence in your argument . I those case our commissioners will kick in, and apply the necessary punishments -- yellow card, red card, suspensions and on...

21. Frenchie1916

Boys, please welcome (back) the return of ezio. Were this the Senate, we would (respectfully) refer to him as an elder statesman. But we're TFS, and we'll just call him the Old Man. But his PS3 issues have been resolved and the FIFA bug has rebitten, so please welcome him back to our warm embrace. DentalMonsterUM , gutnedawg , kurdishkobe - please note the revised week one schedule to accommodate the new (old) addition.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Frenchie1916

OK boys, week 1 is in the books - until we get our new managers in here and we'll go back and get those byes played. Just a reminder to please adhere to the rules, regs and spirit of play we try to instill in TFS. The patch is (fingers crossed) supposed to drop later today on the PS3 and (fingers and toes crossed) should tamp down the bullshit overpowered headers, lobbed through balls and finesse shots that EA didn't catch at release. Until that happens, please keep headers and crosses to a realistic minimum - if your winger, outside mid or wing back has a clear run down the sideline and a legitimate free target in the box, crossing is fine. But just lobbing it into a crowd into the box and hoping for the best - particularly when there's a massive glitch that needs fixing - is cheap.

Also remember the rules on pressuring, turnovers and the like:

Any pass that is misplaced that (a) was not directly influenced by pressure or (b) does not lead to a direct chance at goal (i.e. a defender misplacing a pass that leads DIRECTLY to a 1 on 1, or 2 on 1, etc.) should be played on.

Some examples:

* If your opponent tackles the ball away from you, but the tackle falls to your player without your opponent establishing possession, your attack may continue.

* If your opponent clears the ball from a corner kick with a header that falls to your player on the edge of the box, you may immediately re-launch your attack.

* If you're not pressuring your opponent, but through a mistake on his part, an errant pass falls to you or into open space (50/50), even in his end, it is playable.

* Guarding of passing lanes is permissible. The basic feeling is your opponent can see that the lane is blocked and shouldn't make that pass. It is not unsim for you to step up and pick off a slow roller in the middle of the pitch.

There are still times where returning the ball to your opponent is the correct course of action, including:

* If you (or the AI) makes a tackle in the defensive third.

* If your opponent makes a bad throw-in that skips by his player and goes to yours.

If you're still unsure about what to do in a specific situation, play it back to your defense and restart your attack.

The defensive pressure rules still apply. Tackles in the defensive third are still not permitted (unless trailing late), nor is guarding goal kicks and throw-ins.

AND

There's a difference between actively pressuring your opponent and backing up while guarding passing lanes as he brings the ball out of his third. You still can't rush in and tackle the ball away 30 yards from his net. I use the center circle as my guideline as the point where my defense begins to stiffen - I don't usually try to tackle the ball away in that 10 yards between the edge of the circle and the center line, but I stop my strikers from retreating. If your ball-carrier comes close enough, I feel OK with removing him from the ball and beginning a counter. But I don't start my hard defense - rushing the ball carrier, active tackles, etc. until the center line unless I'm trailing late in the match.

We try to stick to these... It's more by feel - the defensive third is a no-no. The middle third is a gray area, where it's better to air on the side of caution and use the midfield line and/or circle as your first line of defense. If you feel you've done something really sketchy, give the ball back. If it's a gray area, send it back to your defense and re-start your attack. And if it's clean, just continue play.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Frenchie1916

ok, boys, it looks like kurdishkobe will be leaving our ranks, as well. We knew this was going to be a difficult season for recruiting, with the next gen consoles coming out in just a few weeks. We're still hopeful to get some bodies in here. I'll wipe his results from the books and cancel Internacional matches going forward.

Because of this situation, there will be weeks where some managers don't have any league games - particularly now that Serie C goes to two matches per week instead of three. You'll still have Coppa matches, but I suggest you use this time to play as many friendlies as you possibly can. We're all still obviously wobbly with the new mechanics of this game.

Also with our impending World Cup draw in a few weeks, get some international matches under your belt. try out some squads so you're not choosing blind.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  24. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

I sent out some feelers a few days ago to some people but wasn't able to get anyone to join & now trying to talk my roomie into joining as well. Just trying to get you guys some people Serie C!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Edgar Calderon

Edgar Calderon Walk On

Okay so been doing some reading around and think I've found the correct thread to post my interest. Would love to take over a team and get some sim games under my belt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.