(S13) TFS Cups: Discussion

Discussion in 'TSL Cup' started by Broncos218, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

[​IMG]
    COPPA CONFEDERAZIONE
    SUPERCOPPA

Discussion

Discuss everything related to Season 13 cup competitions here​

2. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

The second week of group games is now open, but I won't be able to post the scheduling/results threads for it until late tonight.

3. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Kevin Gomez RedAL925 shiftee gutnedawg

all matches with UcanHateMeNow are now open. Please play your match with him immediately as his availability to finish the group stage may end on Apr. 22

edit: nevermind Kevin Gomez, as you two already played.

4. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

exactly one week left before all group games are closed, and still 12 unplayed games. Let's go!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

3-way tie in Group D between bbrech0610, Broncos218, and Zikry for places 1-3. And you guys said this wasn't the Group of Death! But here's how the tie plays out...

First the tiebreaker rules:
    Tiebreakers
    In the result of a tie in points within a group, the following procedure will be used to determine the final ranking:
    *Note: If at any point during tiebreaking procedures a team is eliminated, then restart the tiebreaker with the remaining teams.
    1. Greatest number of points in matches among tied teams
    2. Greatest goal difference in matches among tied teams
    3. Greatest number of goals scored in matches among tied teams
    4. Greatest goal difference in all group matches
    5. Greatest number of goals scored in all group matches
    6a. (If two teams remained tied) One match playoff with extra time and penalties if needed at the home of whoever was away in the corresponding group match
    6b. (If three or more teams remained tied OR if all remaining teams have clinched advancement to the next round) Drawing of lots

So looking first at games AMONG the tied teams:
    [​IMG]
    All three teams remained tied after the first 2 tiebreakers (same points, same GD), but Sevilla wins the third tiebreaker (most goals scored), meaning Sevilla takes first in the group.
    With teams now eliminated from the tiebreaker, according to the *Note in the tiebreaker, the tiebreaker restarts with Marseille and Parma.

In a head-to-head tiebreaker between Marseille and Parma, the first 3 tiebreakers can't split the two teams (they played to a draw). And for a look at all of Group D:
    [​IMG]
    So looking at the 4th tiebreaker, Marseille had a greater goal difference in all group matches, meaning they take 2nd place. That leaves Parma with 3rd.

So in the end, we have:
    [​IMG]

.... thanks for nothing guys (n)

• Like Like x 3
  6. bbrech0610

bbrech0610 Walk On

Ummmmm I was totally under the impression I wasn't going through due to goal differential. You can ask Zikry how hard I was trying to score in the final 20 minutes. Glad that aggressiveness didn't cost me a goal. Hooray for misunderstandings in my favor!!!

7. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Would have been nice to know this beforehand and we could have just colluded on that 1-1 draw and no need for that anxious stuff at the end there.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Also....not sure how our group wasn't group of death...some strange voting going on here ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Go Devils

Go Devils Agnostic Pastafarian

I'd love to just get rid of that BS play all together. But my time as town crier has ended here. :)

10. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

• Like Like x 2
  11. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

:(

12. UcanHateMeNow

UcanHateMeNow 3rd Coast born that means we're Texas raised

I am working the night shift this week for work in Utah so I can only play either in the morning up till 10 am MST or after 10 pm MST.

13. Go Devils

Go Devils Agnostic Pastafarian

Who knows...never say never I guess. My wife could divorce me or I could go back to 90 hours a week between two jobs and need the break again. But at 34, I've always used video games as my crutch. In some weird way I kinda of want to see what my societal output would be without that crutch.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

15. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

RedAL925 shiftee Kevin Gomez UcanHateMeNow
    with gutnedawg now out of the league, all games with him will be cancelled. Since no one had played him yet, no matches need to be wiped out and thus Group A will act like a normal 4-team group.

And since redwings' leave was already known in advance, he was not in the Coppa Tradizione at all and so there are no repercussions there.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

accidently posted this in the scheduling thread at first, for those trying to find how they got tagged there...

shiftee UcanHateMeNow
    vipermansa Frenchie1916 krtgolfing
    juanchoCT14 Julius Young

the remaining 4 unplayed group stage matches will be cancelled (shakhtar/udinese, sao paulo/ath. bilbao, cska/olympiakos, stuttgart/shakhtar). I've reviewed each match individually thru the scheduling threads and none of the four are deserving of awarding a forfeit and with little emphasis on setting a gametime, they will not be extended either.

Knockout stage opens Thursday!

• Like Like x 1
  17. juanchoCT14

juanchoCT14 Walk On

i have posted twice and no response. sucks bc i tried but whatever...it is what it is

18. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

semifinal preview?

Also looking like the top 2 group of deaths did well, all 4 teams from those 2 groups

19. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

hopefully, but not sure i'll have time. might be busy throughout the week this week and i'm outta town this weekend, so chances are probably not unfortunately.

20. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Broncos218

Is there a place I can find the coppa archives?

EDIT: Nvm, found it. Did the first cup competition not count for the record books in the user records? Since I'll never win a league title gotta make sure I can get what I can in the cup competition :)

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  21. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

correct, Seasons 1-2 with the TFL Cup are not reflected in the USER TABLE tab since that cup didn't have group/knockout stages. So really the only place with S1 and S2 cup data is just the CUP CHAMPIONS tab.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.