(S14) Match Results

Discussion in 'TSL C' started by Frenchie1916, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

Please post match results here. If you need a refresher on the stats we mandate, please see this thread.

- Winning team is responsible for collecting and posting post-match stats; home team in the event of a draw. Home team is also responsible for streaming the match. I CANNOT EMPHASIZE THIS ENOUGH. Stream and archive your matches!! See here for Twitch FAQ.

Matchday 1
    Hull City vs. Celtic
    Saint-Etienne vs. Swansea City
    Sunderland vs. PSV
    QPR vs. Parma
    Coventry City vs. West Brom

Matchday 2

Swansea City vs. Hull City
    PSV vs. Celtic
    Parma vs. Saint-Etienne
    West Brom vs. Sunderland
    Coventry City vs. QPR

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2014
  2. Calhockey10

Calhockey10 Walk On

West Brom 2-2 Sunderland
    11 (7) Shots (SOT) 11 (5)
    47% Possession 53%
    22 Tackles 14
    4 Fouls 0
    1 Cards 0
    1 Offsides 1
    3 Corners 6

Match Events:
    WB- :goal:B. Ideye (16')
    SU- :goal: L. Cattermole (20') :assist: E. Giaccherini
    WB- :goal: B. Ideye (45') :assist: Chris Brunt
    WB- :yellowcard: J. Morrison (85')
    SU- :goal: S. FLetcher (86') :assist: E. Giaccherini

MotM: B. Foster (9.6) West Brom GK 10 saves

West Brom came out of the gate flying after tying Dinamo Moscow earlier 2-2. Almost an exact replica of that game West Brom gives up the tying goal in the dying minutes of the game. Striker Brown Ideye started the scoring off early with his first of two goals in the game when fellow striker Varela picked up a pass and brought it back across the middle of the field with a wide open shot just to ring it off the post but landed on Ideye's feet where he buried the first goal. Before the crowd could stop celebrating E. Giaccherini brought the ball down and found a wide open L. Cattermole for the tap in. In the stoppage time of the first half West Brom was awarded a corner where captain chris brunt found the head of B. Ideye where he buried his 2nd goal to put them up 2-1 heading into the half. After a relentless attack by Sunderland and three back to back corners finally E. Giaccherini found the head of S. Fletcher where he tied the game in the 86' minute. West Brom was highly disappointed in the outcome but realizes it is a long season but can keep this habit up of blowing leads in the final minute.

3. ASinghal31

ASinghal31 Go Bucks.

Hull City 0 - 0 Celtic FC
    3 (2) Shots (SOT) 5 (1)
    44% Possession 56%
    5 Tackles 4
    1 Fouls 0
    0 Cards 0
    0 Offsides 1
    0 Corners 0
    Match Events:
    Allan McGregor Save (90')

MotM:
    Scott Brown

TFSerie C kicked off with a snooze-fest as both sides failed to register a goal. Neither team was able to create any real opportunities until the 90' minute when Celtic FC put together an excellent counter with crisp passing, only to see the shot attempt at the end brilliantly saved by Allan McGregor to preserve the scoreless draw.

Hatem Ben Arfa and Abel Hernández were able to put together a few nice individual runs, but nothing that was of any real threat. Hernández was fed a beautiful cross from Ben Arfa in the 69', but he could only hang his head as his header attempt sailed wide of the mark. Less than two minutes later, Ben Arfa connected on a cross to Nikica Jelavić who saw his header carom off the cross bar in what proved to be the last threatening look from Hull City.

Match Highlights:

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 4
  4. Lou

Lou Walk On

Damn...I streamed the game between myself and PhiGuy179 but I had not seen that I needed to set up my settings on twitch...looks like I lost the feed!!! It was my 1st time tho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PhiGuy179

PhiGuy179 Walk On

Parma 1-0 Saint-Etinne
    6(3) shots on target 10(6)
    48% possession 52%
    17 tackles 7
    4 fouls 2
    0 cards 0
    0 offside 1
    0 corners 3

Match Events
    A. Acquah (33’) J. Biabiany

MotM: A. Acquah

Clean Sheet: A.Mirante

Parma in their first Series C match came away with a win as Saint-Etinne just wouldn’t give in. The lone goal by Acquah in the 33’ gave Parma the 1-0 lead and it stayed as such. Saint-Etinne threaten multiple time throughout the game, but masterful goal keeping provided by Mirante kept Etinne off the boards. Once again, it seemed as if Biabiany had a couple steps on defenders throughout the game as his wing play led to the one and only goal scored.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Calhockey10

Calhockey10 Walk On

West Brom 2-1 Coventry City
    9 (2) Shots (SOT) 9 (3)
    49% Possession 51%
    15 Tackles 21
    2 Fouls 2
    1 Cards 1
    1 Offsides 0
    0 Corners 2

Match Events:
    WB- :goal:S. Varela (17'):assist: J. Morrison
    WB- :goal:S. Sessegnon (55') :assist: S. Varela
    WB- :yellowcard: C. Brunt (60')
    CC- :redcard: J. Clarke(68')
    CC- :goal: J. McQuoid (74') :assist: S. Jackson

MotM: J. Olsson (9.5) West Brom RCB 13/15 passes 4/5 tackles

West Brom came flying out of the gate for the third game in a row scoring the first goal just 17 minutes into the game S. Varela scored off of a broken clear after receiving a pass from J. Morrison. Conventry City turned up the heat right before half and had a corner but was unable to finish. 10 minutes into the second half West Brom struck again when S. Sessegnon streaked down the right side of the field and just ripped a shot short side on the goalie to give them a two goal cushion. During the 68th minute it looked like S. varela would score his second goal and right before he went in the box he was hauled down by J. Clarke and a red card was given. A near miss on a free kick almost made it 3-0 but Chris Brunt shot just wide. West Brom shifted to a more defensive game and Conventry City took to the attack and capitalized on it when J. McQuoid snuck a ball under the diving keeper and they pulled the score to within 1 at 2-1. It looked like an exact replica of West Brom's last two games where they blow the lead late when Conventry city fought free for a breakaway in stoppage time but last games man of the match goal keeper B. Foster made a game saving save and West Brom gets there first win under new Manager Calhockey10

• Like Like x 3
  7. Lou

Lou Walk On

My striker got knocked down in the box 2 different times with no call. Tough loss. We had a lot of possession in Parma's half, but their GK was stellar!

8. John O'Connor

John O'Connor Walk On

QPR (John O'Connor ) 0-0 Parma (PhiGuy179 )
    7 Shots 7
    56% possession 44%
    7 tackles 16
    1 fouls 2
    0 cards 0
    0 offside 0
    2 corners 1

MotM: J. Hoilett

A cagey match to open the TF Serie C at Loftus Road between QPR and Parma ends nil-nil.

Parma was content to allow possession and wait for QPR to once again pass the ball to them.

Junior Hoilett was active on the QPR left flank and earned Man of the Match honors, but it was Parma's Jonathan Biabiany who was the more consistent menace all afternoon. Biabiany created the best chance of the game in the second half, streaking down the touchline and rounding a defender before chipping the ball off the crossbar.

QPR's Eduardo Vargas and Adel Taarabt found space in the attacking end, but ultimately snatched at their chances. A second half shot from Hoilett was driven just wide.

Parma's assassin up front, Antonio Cassano, didn't factor much in the match with QPR deploying a defensive formation with five men at the back and a lone striker.

• Like Like x 1
  9. PhiGuy179

PhiGuy179 Walk On

It was a excellent match to say the least. I look forward to playing you again in the future.

10. John O'Connor

John O'Connor Walk On

Likewise.

Not looking forward to chasing Biabiany again, though.

11. PhiGuy179

PhiGuy179 Walk On

Ill be up front, hes the only reason i took parma. I knew with him outside i could really establish my overall game plan. If im not mistaken he is top 5 in pace.

12. Frenchie1916

BigBeansMcGee - Jordan Clarke will have to sit his next match (Matchday 2 vs QPR) because of his red card. It's your responsibility to remember this and make note of it in the next post-match report. If you win or draw as the home team, please include it in the write up. If you don't win, please let the other manager know that Clarke sat his suspension and ask him to include that information.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  13. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Swansea 1 - 0 Hull City
    8 (4) Shots (SOT) 8 (3)
    47% Possession 53%
    7 Tackles 13
    0 Fouls 3
    0 Cards 1
    2 Offsides 1
    4 Corners 2

Match Events:
    :yellowcard: 3' Diame (HUL)
    :goal: 56' Gomis (SWA) :assist: Shelvey

:trophy: MoM Angel Rangel SWA 8.2
    CS: Fabianski (SWA)

This game was more exciting than the score would indicate. Both teams put 2 or 3 shots off the woodwork early. The home squad was able to capitalize on a big header from a corner in the 56'. From there, Hull put together some more solid chances. Jelovic put another header off the woodwork around 80'.

GG Akshat Singhal

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  14. Lou

Lou Walk On

A.S.S.E 2-1 Swansea City
    10 (7) Shots (SOT) 14 (8)
    51% Possession 49%
    13 Tackles 9
    1 Fouls 0
    0 Cards 0
    1 Offsides 0
    2 Corners 4

Match Events:
    SE - :goal:M. Gradel (7') :assist: F. Lemoine
    SE - :goal: J. Clement (74') :assist: F. Lemoine
    SC- :goal: B. Gomis (90') :assist: G. Sigurdsson

MotM: G. Sigurdsson (9.5) Swansea City
    In a hotly contested battle with a torrid pace, Les Verts held their ground at home and won against an extremely tough opponent. After the loss to Parma, Manager PennywiseLA25 vowed his team would be more aggressive, and they were. Just 7 minutes in, and Gradel took a wonderful one touch into the box on an inside run, beating his marker. Gradel put so much power on the shot that even though the keeper deflected it, it still found the back of the net! Swansea fought back tho, and on a wonderful corner set, found Bony open by the back post, only to see his header ricochet off the crossbar.

The second half was much like the first with both teams building up and getting opportunities, but in the 74th minute, the Swansea defense parted like the red sea, allowing Lemoine free range to run about 40 M from the goal, finally passing it to Clement for the quick shot about 16 yards from the goal. No one let their foot off the gas, though, as the shot attempts continued on both ends.

In a testament to Manager abolishthefed, the Jacks would not give up, and their tenacity finally proved fruitful as Gomis took a perfect cross off his head, beating the goalie on the near post. However, it was too little, too late for Swansea, but expect the rematch to be a fierce contest.​

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  15. BigBeansMcGee

BigBeansMcGee Walk On

Will do

16. BigBeansMcGee

BigBeansMcGee Walk On

Coventry City 2-1 QPR
    7 Shots 8
    4 On Target 3
    47% Possession 53%
    13 Tackles 12
    4 Fouls 2
    0 Cards 0
    2 Offside 1
    2 Corners 3
    Match Events
    :goal: S. Caulker 45':assist:Traore
    :goal: J. McQuoid 63':assist:J. Fleck
    :goal: S. Jackson 67':assist:J. Fleck
    MotM: S. Jackson
    Suspensions: J. Clarke

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  17. Caleb Clark

Caleb Clark Walk On

Sunderland 2-1 PSV
    10 (5) Shots (SOT) 3 (3)
    41% Possession 59%
    14 Tackles 10
    2 Fouls 0
    1 Cards 0
    3 Offsides 0
    0 Corners 0

MOTM: J. Rodwell (8.1)

Match Events:
    SUN- :goal:J. Rodwell (4')
    SUN- :yellowcard: S. Larsson (8')
    SUN- :goal: S. Fletcher (50') :assist: E. Giaccherini
    PSV- :goal: M. Depay (72') :assist: A. Maher

Well Sunderland continued their good run of form, but were forced to sit back and defend for long portions of the game, with PSV doing an excellent job retaining possession. However, Sunderland were able to get out on the front foot early with Steven Fletcher snatching his first chance of the match by curling a nice shot by the PSV keeper. Some other chances were wasted, but then in the 50th minute, J. Rodwell did a excellent job finishing off a run by E. Giaccherini. PSV wouldn't say die however, and after M. Depay scored a beautiful curled goal from the left side of the box, it took one last brilliant save by Pantimillion to keep all 3 points intact for the Black Cats.

Sidenote: I forgot to change my twitch settings to save the match (first broadcast), but I just went in and changed the settings for future matches.

18. Frenchie1916

Please post match results here.

- Winning team is responsible for collecting and posting post-match stats; home team in the event of a draw. Home team is also responsible for streaming the match. I CANNOT EMPHASIZE THIS ENOUGH. Stream and archive your matches!! See here for Twitch FAQ.

Matchday 3
    Hull City vs. PSV Eindhoven
    Swansea City vs. Parma
    Celtic FC vs. West Brom
    Saint-Etienne vs. Coventry City
    Sunderland vs. QPR

Matchday 4
    Parma vs. Hull City
    West Brom vs. PSV Eindhoven
    Coventry City vs. Swansea City
    QPR vs. Celtic FC
    Sunderland vs. Saint-Etienne​

19. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

I broadcast it so its in my twitch archives if anyone wants to see.

20. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Swansea 2-0 Parma
    6 (3) Shots (SOT) 10 (3)
    47% Possession 53%
    12 Tackles 23
    6 Fouls 2
    2 Cards 0
    0 Offsides 1
    2 Corners 4

Match Events:
    :goal: SWA Dyer 49' No assist
    :goal: SWA Bony (PK) 71' No assist
    :yellowcard: SWA Fernandez 54'
    :yellowcard: SWA Sigurdsson 81'
    :yellowcard: PAR Paletta 69'

:trophy: MoM SWA Fabianski 7.8
    CS SWA Fabianski

Swansea City fans welcomed Parma to Wales in a big Serie C matchup. Coach PhiGuy179 had his team ready to go, with Bianbiani creating chances down the right side of the pitch all game. Both teams spent most of the first half turning the ball over around midfield. Parma created some good chances around the top of the box, but the balls hit woodwork. Swansea was able to create a corner just after halftime. Sigurdsson hit a nice ball into the box, that was headed on target, but cleared by Parma just past the top of the box, where Dyer was waiting. One or two moves later and Dyer fired a ball into the top shelf of the net, for the first goal of the game. Parma controlled the pace after that goal and had some unfortunate shots just wide of the net. But, disaster struck in the 71', as Bony was fouled inside the box for Swansea. He buried the PK for the 2-0 lead.From there, Parma had another good shot, off a set piece towards the 90', which careened off the top of the crossbar.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  21. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

PSV 3-1 Celtic
    5(4) shots on target 11(4)
    51% possession 49%
    13 tackles 10
    0 fouls 0
    0 offsides 2
    0 cards 0
    1 corners 1

MOTM: Luciano Narsingh (8.1)

Match Events:
    PSV- :goal:L. de Jong (28')
    PSV- :goal:L. de Jong (44'):assist:Mayer
    Celtic- :goal:A. Stokes (48'):assist:Commons
    PSV- :goal:M. Depay (63'):assist:Narsingh
    Celtic | INJURY | S.Brown (56')

Video Recap to follow....PSV was a little too strong for Celtic today. After being up two - nil, PSV went defensive but a constant press from the Celtic in our defensive third resulted in a goal that put them down only one. PSV went back on the attack to try and get some insurance, and Memphis came through, for his second goal in as many games. PSV was content with playing defensively and switched to a 1-5-4, securing the first victory of the season. Crisp passing and tackling b and a few missed opportunities from Celtic strikers were the main contributors to the PSV win. One goal was disallowed due to offsides. GG/GL to you the rest of your season Lions67

22. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

PSV 2-1 Hull City
    7(5) shots on target 13(6)
    54% possession 46%
    10 tackles 7
    2 fouls 1
    0 offsides 2
    1 cards 0
    2 corners 2

MOTM: Jeroen Zoet (8.2)

Match Events:
    PSV |:goal: L. Narsingh (17') :assist:Depay
    HULL | :yellowcard: | C. Davies (62')
    HULL SUB | C. Davies OUT - A. Hernandez IN
    HULL SUB | N. Jelavic OUT - J. Chester IN
    HULL | :goal: | A. Hernandez (76') :assist:Arfa
    PSV | :goal: | A. Maher (77'):assist:Wijnaldum
    HULL SUB | R. Snodgrass OUT - M. Diame IN

GG/GL the rest of the season Akshat Singhal

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  23. PhiGuy179

PhiGuy179 Walk On

Parma 3-3 Hull City
    9(4) shots on target 16(9)
    50% possession 50%
    13 tackles 9
    1 fouls 3
    1 cards 1
    0 offside 0
    3 corners 6

Match Events
    N. Jelavic (14’) Snodgrass
    I.Belfodi (29’) De Ceglie
    A.Cassano (49’)(pk)
    A. Cassano (63’) Biabiany

A. Hernadez (76’) Snodgrass
    H. Ben Arfa (86’)

Cards
    C. Davis (Hull) Yellow
    P.De Ceglie (Par) Yellow

MotM: I.Belfodi​

Parma in their Series C match came away with a drawl as a late surge by Hull City leveled the playing field. The Scoring was opened up with Jelavic in the 14th min which put a damper on the stadium early. The shot was a beautiful cross which found the head of Jelavic perfectly. As the 29th min approached one of the two speedy wingers for Parma found some daylight and laid in a perfect cross for the 6’4 Belfodi. At the start of the second period Biabiany found a crease on the inside as he was brutally tackled in the box leading to a PK in which Mr. Reliable himself Cassano buried in the back of the net. Once again with a header in the 63rd min Cassano found the back of the net in what looked like the final dagger in the Hull City squad. As the game wore on the less aggressive Parma defense was giving Hull City opportunities left and right to crawl back into the game. As the 76th min approached Hernadez broke into the box almost untouched and had a go at the goalie. Mirante made a good save, however as the ball deflected off of him no Parma defender was in sight, leaving a wide open shot for Hernadez. The game still seemed as if Parma had a hold on it, then as the 86th min approached the Parma defenders hoping not to draw a foul in the box let Ben Arfa break through to score the leveling score. Before the whistle blew Parma had what looked like 2 excellent chances at goal but couldn’t find the back of the net to drawl the victory.

Donmoyer: A game like this really puts a weight on your shoulders, we were well in control of the game when certain mishaps allowed Hull City to draw level. I felt like overall we played excellent, we were making runs and feeding the ball to our play makers. This is the first time this season that I can say Biabiany was held in check. I personally think a couple things didn’t go our way and it led to Hull City cashing in. At this moment in time, however I cannot stress enough that we are still growing as a team and with that comes mental mistakes. I felt the younger guys really stepped it up and when we were done, they showed the nerves to get back into the game. I’m glad we came out of the match with points, but at the end of the day losing a 3-1 lead late in the game is just not something to cheer about. The boys will be focusing on conditioning as well as aggressive game play after this one. They know what I expect from them and when they do not live up to the given standard luxuries are revoked. From this moment on Parma will be having 3 a day soccer practice’s that will be closed off to the media. As a matter of fact, after discussing the given situation with club leaders Cassano & Biabiany we agreed that all Parma soccer players will be asked to show up tomorrow with a suit case and a tooth brush as we all feel the distractions are weighing on the team as a whole. The boys know this will not be fun until they play like I know they are capable of playing and they’re fine with that, we all just want to win and represent the historic soccer club as well as we can. We also came up with a new team motto for the rest of the year “Poor play is the greatest destroy of our fate. We as a team will stand united, we will not back down, we represent Parma Fc, and we expect nothing less than blood, sweat, and goals.”

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  24. Lou

Lou Walk On

^^^So this was a tie?? Score says 1-0 at the top but reads like a draw??

25. PhiGuy179

PhiGuy179 Walk On

My apologizes, i used a template and forgot to change score. Thanks for pointing it out boss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.