(S14) TFSerie C MVP Award

Discussion in 'TSL C' started by RedAL925, Dec 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

2. ASinghal31

ASinghal31 Go Bucks.

Abel Hernandez

Abel Hernandez started the season as a sub off the bench, receiving minimal minutes while Jelavic started at striker. The lineup proved to be ineffective as Hull City only scored 1 goal in its first 3 matches. The decision was then made to start Hernandez at striker while Jelavic came off the bench. Hernandez's speed and athleticism brought new life to the Hull City as the side has been held scoreless only once since then with Hernandez accounting for 6 goals and providing countless goal-scoring opportunities for himself and his teammates. Abel Hernandez has been the difference maker for Hull City creating a spark for a side that desperately needed one.

3. John O'Connor

John O'Connor Walk On

Adel Taarabt

Taarabt is one off the league lead for assists despite playing for a squad that scored the third-fewest goals in Serie C.

QPR played with only one striker and five at the back for most of the season, forcing Taarabt to carry much of the burden in setting up the offense. He did so with speed and skill, and uncharacteristically, was happier setting up others than taking chances himself. He was also QPR's man on free kicks, scoring two goals in all competitions off set plays.

Most tellingly, the strong possibility Taarabt will depart Loftus Road in January was a big part of why Manager Jocko decided to consider other teams after this season.

4. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Swansea City

There were a few standout performers for Swansea this season, but I will have to go with CB Ashley Williams. Williams was an integral part of a defense that allowed a league low 12 goals through 17 games, including 8 clean sheets. Williams calmed the left side of the defense, which included covering for an often overmatched LB Taylor.

5. Lou

Lou Walk On

Saint Etienne:

Max-Alain Gradel
    Stat line: 3 goals, 3 assists

Sure, Max's stats aren't all that gaudy compared to some of the other MVP candidates, but Max was a total player for Les Verts this season. Early on, SE didn't quite understand how to properly use Gradel, but once we did, Max struck fear in opponents. He was surprisingly fast, so much so that teams often had to shade over to give extra coverage against him in defense, leaving other areas uncovered. Max would pass out, and that player would end up getting the assist, but Gradel was always the difference. Teams stopped being overly aggressive against SE because they knew any turnover would result in a possible Gradel breakaway. Max also played great defense, not allowing players down the wing on his side of the pitch. Expect Max to get more points next season......

6. Caleb Clark

Caleb Clark Walk On

Sunderland has had an amazing season and are now locked into the top spot for Serie C. While Sunderland had several midfield maestro's who had huge input in the title-winning run, there is really only one option for MVP. Though Rodwell commanded the midfield excellently, breaking up attacks and getting forward in equal measure, there really is no doubt that Sunderland's forward, Steven Fletcher, is their MVP.

Fletcher, through 16 games, has 15 goals (5 more than the closest competitor) and 6 assists (tied for league lead). For those who struggle with math as much as I do, that equals Fletcher having a hand in a goal at the blistering pace of 1.31 Goals/Assists per Match. That's insane. Fletcher benefited from spectacular service from his midfield, but in the end he was often the player to ring the victory bell for Sunderland throughout the year with clinical finishing. Sunderland have high hopes for Steven Fletcher and are confident that he can stay in such fine form in Serie B next season.

MVP: STEVEN FLETCHER

• Like Like x 1
  7. BigBeansMcGee

BigBeansMcGee Walk On

This is a tough one as I had many lads worthy of being nominated for MVP of my squad, Simeon Jackson our leading scorer, John Fleck with the most assists, and Josh McQuoid are all worthy nominees, however the man of our squad that kept us in contention for most of the Serie C campaign and gave our minnow squad a fighting shot of promotion is Ryan Allsop. Our keeper had blunders through out the campaign and let some soft goals in, on the contrary he also made more big time saves to either keep our side in the match or to secure points for us. Ryan is also leading the divison in clean sheets as to date. As manager of Coventry City I nominate Ryan Allsop as our teams MVP.

MVP: Ryan Allsop

8. RedAL925

I almost want to promote no one and keep this group together...these are great.

• Like Like x 3
  9. RedAL925

10. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

I would nominate Luuk de jong just for the fact that he scored 90% of our goals. Zoet led the division in MOTM awards but Luuk gets PSV's nonination.

11. Lions67

Lions67 Walk On

Well, tough to pick a MVP after the campaign that Celtic bumbled through. But IF i had to pick one ( and i do ) i have to give it to my keeper Craig Gordon. We lost a lot of close games that shouldnt have been as close as they were.
    Honorary mention goes out to the supporters!...they filled the stands and were in fine voice. Hardly a paper bag to be seen. Mind you, by the end of the season they were all two sheets to the wind, pish drunk. And who could blame them?

12. RedAL925

13. Calhockey10

Calhockey10 Walk On

West brom would like to nominate b. foster goalkeeper as their MVP. In multiple games they were outshot heavily but would prevail because of fosters acrobatic saves then he would boot it to the three headed monsters and hope for the best

14. RedAL925

Congratulations Steven Fletcher, TFSerie C MVP for Season 14!

Full Panel Vote (30 Pts possible):
    Fletcher (6) - 30
    Biabiany - 20
    Gradel - 16
    Williams - 12
    de Jong - 10
    Allsop - 2

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.