(S15) TFSerie B MVP Award

Discussion in 'TSL B' started by RedAL925, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

2. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

[​IMG]

No one is truly worthy of nomination this season for Swansea. GK Lukasz Fabianski put up 8 clean sheets this season, so he gets the nod. Fabianski made some big saves towards the end of the season to keep Swansea out of the relegation zone.

• Like Like x 1
  3. UcanHateMeNow

UcanHateMeNow 3rd Coast born that means we're Texas raised

[​IMG]

Salomon Kalou is Hertha Berlin's nomination. The Ivory Coast international was the main scoring machine for the resurgent Germans and really did most of his damage in the 2nd half of the season as Hertha went on their upward rise in the table. 10 goals and 2 assists in total for the season. ​

• Like Like x 1
  4. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

[​IMG]

Mame Diouf -- Stoke City

Had an amazing season. 17 goals, 4 assists. If it weren't for a spell of about two weeks where I played the worst FIFA of my life his season could have been even more special. He led serie B in goals and his assists numbers put him mid table in that category. Truly an outstanding player.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lou

Lou Walk On

[​IMG]

Max-Alain Gradel --Saint Etienne

Perhaps one of the most dangerous players in Serie B, if they didn't before, every manager knows his name after season 15. It was quite common this year for an opposing manager to comment, "Wow! Gradel is F-in fast" after a game, whether they won or lost. Gradel could change the outcome of a game so much, most teams devoted an extra defender to his side of the pitch!

With ASSE still having 1 game left in the season, Gradel is tied for 2nd in Serie B in goals scored with 12. He's also added 4 assists and been named MOTM 7 times this year, good for 2nd best in Serie B behind Guzan, the Aston Villa GK. Gradel has single handedly saved points on 3 occasions, twice scoring the equalizer in extra time and once within 10 minutes of the end of the match.

With Gradel leading the way, Les Verts were a mid table team, but still had an outside shot at the promotion playoff game with only 3 games left to play. As it is, SE will likely do no worse than 6th, but could still climb up one more spot.

6. RedAL925

7. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

• Like Like x 1
  8. hokie79

hokie79 Walk On

Sadly - another season where the GK is the MVP...Ochoa played behind a stout defense no doubt - but when the attack is as fruitless as it was this season - Ochoa managed to make saves to keep Malaga in it - and take up 12 draws on the way. Had numerous clean sheets too - the # of 0-0 draws show both his value and Malaga's ineptitude in attack. Now the season is over...hes back to focus on his other career...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Calhockey10

Calhockey10 Walk On

[​IMG]
    In a season where S. Berahino wouldn't become a starter till week 11 because of S. varela's loan expiring and leaving them needing a offensive threat. Berahino came in and lit it up amassing 10 goals in the final 9 weeks good enough for 6th in goals for the season. With many key goals a surprise substiute made the case he should have started all along and still can score more goals with one game left. He hopes to catapult his team into Serie A and we will find out if he can do that over the next couple of days.

10. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

[​IMG]

Gladbach had very little to cheer about this season. They didn't score more than two goals until their final two goals and didn't get out of the basement until the very end. Their season has been abysmal. But there have been glimmers of hope for the future. Max Kruse has been a sparkplug and Granit Xhaka has been a metronome in the midfield. But the season MVP goes to Raffael, who poured in 7 goals on the season from his withheld striker's position. He's been deft on the ball as an advanced midfielder when he needs to be, good from distance, and a poacher at the edge of the box. Raffael has done everything we asked him to do this season, and probably scored fewer goals than he normally would have, had he played his preferred advanced striker/center forward role.

11. BigBeansMcGee

BigBeansMcGee Walk On

Simeon Jackson​
    Once again most of our offensive production came from this Canadian lad, scoring crucial goals at crucial times. If not for Jackson I don't beleive our club would be in the position that we are in fighting for a promotion spot. I fully back my decision to nominate Jackson as our MVP.

12. RedAL925

13. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

It's been Dossevi and Mitroglou, just need to look at the numbers.

14. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

[​IMG]
    Brad Guzan was really the only guy who showed up. Seven CS and really deserved more support than what I could give him..

• Like Like x 1
  15. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

How could you nominate an American and forget to leave out your campaign video???...

• Like Like x 2
  16. UcanHateMeNow

UcanHateMeNow 3rd Coast born that means we're Texas raised

Had I nominated an American, this would have been the song I personally would have picked...

17. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

and if IJGator had picked an American....

also lolololol at Gabbert saying "If you don't draft me, I'm going to beat you the next 15 years."

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Had to shut it off after 50 seconds because I know the Browns are going to be on the highlight reel losing in the 4th quarter.

• Like Like x 2
  19. RedAL925

The results are in...

PANEL VOTING (30 Pts possible, 6 first-place votes)
    Mame Biram Diouf (3) - 25 Pts
    Konstantinos Mitroglou (2) - 23 Pts
    Max-Alain Gradel (1) - 19 Pts
    Salomon Kalou - 11 Pts
    Simeon Jackson - 5 Pts
    Guillermo Ochoa - 3 Pts
    Saido Berahino - 2 Pts
    Brad Guzan - 2 Pts

• Like Like x 1
  20. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Thread Status: