S1W1 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mozaaik, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

[​IMG]
    The game looked as if it would be a great one, after Johnny Manziel throws a 50 YD TD pass to Andrew Hawkins with 8:46 left in the first quarter. The Browns will force the Steelers to punt on their first drive. 2nd & 8 after a short Tate run that gets no where (story of the night), Tuitt is going to make a break for Manziel, that should've threw the ball away on a failed screen, and gets the sack to make it 3rd & 20. Manziel tries to force a pass to TE Cameron and it's picked off by Gay. Miller will catch a 16 YD TD from Ben Roethlisberger.

Things just get uglier here for the Browns as the Steelers manage to put up 17 points in the 2nd quarter. Blount with a 1 YD run, Suisham with a 36 YD FG and Miller again this time for a 5 YD catch.

The third quarter goes scoreless, but things just keep getting worse for the Browns passing game and running game.

Miller manages to catch his third TD of the game with an 11 YD catch in the fourth quarter. Three minutes later Bell makes his way into the end zone again this time off an 11 YD carry. Manziel will keep the ball on a read option and gaining a few but getting stopped at the 1 YD line. He keeps it again to sneak into the endzone, Pittsburgh wins at home 38-14 against the Cleveland Browns.

Offense Stats
    [​IMG]

Defense Stats
    [​IMG]

Passing Stats
    [​IMG]

Rushing Stats
    [​IMG]

Receiving Stats
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Good game Freakskull sorry I wasn't more of a competition!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

Hey Mozaaik can you change the thread title to Week 1 summaries. It might be easier to have them all at the same place.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

Done!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wills3

Wills3 Walk On

[​IMG]

A mismatch on paper and on the field. The game started out slow with each team trading three and outs. Jacksonville was the first on the board with a long 50 yard FG. The Eagles offense finally started going and tied up the game with a field goal of their own. The Jags responded with a quick 4 play drive that lead to a Blackmon touchdown. Philly however responded even quicker with a two play drive that lead to a LeSean McCoy 67 yard touchdown run.

This is when the game changed it's tone. The Jags players outmatched started to become fatigued quickly which lead to the Eagles rushing offense to just run at will. Both lines for the Eagles hand their way with the Jags. Plenty of rushing holes for Shady to run through and have a career day with 25 rushes for 287 yards and 4 touchdowns. The Eagles defensive line had a day of their own with 6 total sacks, 3 of which belong to Fletcher Cox.

The Jaguars were outmatched but put up a fight. Blake Bortles showed that he can be someone special with a great debut of 392 yards and 2 touchdowns. They have a lot of work but they showed some talent in the game even in a blow out.

Offensive Stats
    [​IMG]

Defensive Stats
    [​IMG]

Passing
    [​IMG]

Rushing
    [​IMG]

Recieving
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

Congrats Eagles on your win. Thanks for joining me Wills3 Haha, at least you played a lot better than me. Bortles putting up some numbers in that one, and zero interceptions.

I am glad to see that the stat sheets are showing pretty similar yards gained, first downs, etc.

6. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

The New York Giants vs. The Detroit Lions
    This was a defensive battle, and somewhat flukey. Let's start with the New York Giants:

The New York Football Giants
    The New York Giants opened up the season in Detroit, but that didn't stop them from securing a win. The defense was on-point, and the offense recovered from its mistakes and was able to get over the hump. Let's look at some stats:
    Passing
    Eli Manning: 22-38 for 279 yds. and 3 TD's and 3 INT's
    Rushing
    Rashad Jennings: 17 rushes for 85 yds. and 0 TD's
    Receiving
    Victor Cruz: 7 rec. for 77 yds. and 0 TD's
    Odell Beckham Jr.: 4 rec. for 57 yds. and 0 TD's
    Rob Housler: 3 rec. for 57 yds. and 2 TD's
    Reuben Randle: 3 rec. for 50 yds. and 0 TD's
    Corey Washington: 2 rec. for 20 yds. and 1 TD
    Blocking
    Adam Snyder: 1 sack given up
    Justin Pugh: 1 sack given up
    Defense
    Stevie Brown: 10 tackles and 1 INT
    Mark Herzlich: 8 tackles
    Da'Monster Moore: 4 tackles, 3 TFL, and a sack
    Jacquan Williams: 4 tackles and an INT
    Walter Thurmond III: 2 tackles and 2 INT's
    Cullen Jenkins: 1 sack

Eli Manning had a pretty good night. He completed a good amount of his passes, although there were 3 INT's. He also had a few really inaccurate throws.

Rashad Jennings had a mediocre night. A little less than half his yardage came from garbage time. Still, he had some nice runs, although screens didn't really work.

Cruz didn't reach the endzone, but he was Eli's favorite target. He had some nice one-handed catches.

ODB did pretty well for his rookie debut. He caught everything thrown to him, although he also didn't reach the endzone.

Rob Housler, whom the Giants got in a trade with the Arizona Cardinals, proved his worth in this game. He reached the endzones 2 times; first on a quick dump off that he took 20 yards to the house, and a second contested catch in the endzone to seal the game in the 4th quarter. The Giants are excited for this kid's future.

Corey Washington, although not targeted very much, used his size perfectly when he caught a perfectly thrown ball by Eli in the endzone. He had a defender breathing down his neck, and still made the catch.

Adam Snyder is the weakest piece on this line, and aside from the one sack, he was pretty solid. Same with Justin Pugh.

Stevie Brown had a great game. He tackled Calvin when he caught the ball, and was in the perfect spot to intercept the ball off of an inaccurate Stafford throw. It looks like he's returning to form.

Herzlich, filling in for the injured Jon Beason, did a great job with his 8 tackles and multiple pass breakups; one in the endzone. He also had multiple dropped INT's. He won't keep the starting job, but he has made his value known.

Da'Monster Moore is living up to his name. He had pressure on Stafford all game, and even recorded a sack (Shoulda been 2, but one counted as a Stafford run). He also was great against the run.

Jacquan Williams, who won out the starting ROLB job by not being traded to the Cardinals, showed to the Giants that it was a good deal. His interception was at a crucial time, and he was always around the ball carrier.

Walter Thurmond III put on a clinic in this game. On top of his multiple interceptions (Which were mostly against Calvin Johnson), he was covering everyone he should've been with great efficiency. I'm excited for this slot receiver going further into the season.

Cullen Jenkins also got a sack on Stafford.

The Detroit Lions
    The Detroit Lions opened at home, but could not secure the win. The game was kinda wonky, as Stafford made some really bad/inaccurate throws that he shouldn't have. And I'm not talking about the usual inaccuracy. This was different. RFF can tell you more. Whether it was the lag or not, it was kinda flukey.

Passing
    Matthew Stafford: 27-49 for 314 yds. and 2 TD's and 5 INT's
    Rushing
    Reggie Bush: 9 rushes for 53 yds. and 0 TD's
    Receiving
    Calvin Johnson: 11 rec. for 140 yds. and 0 TD's
    Josh Cribbs: 6 rec. for 82 yds. and 0 TD's
    Eric Ebron: 5 rec. for 54 yds. and 0 TD's
    Reggie Bush: 2 rec. for 15 yds. and 2 TD's
    Golden Tate: 1 rec. for 8 yds. and 0 TD's
    Blocking
    Riley Reiff: 1 sack given up, but 4 pancakes against Da'Monster, which were all my fault.
    Chris Snee: 1 sack given up
    Defense
    Julian Stanford: 7 tackles and 1 sack
    Glover Quin: 7 tackles and 1 INT
    Devin Taylor: 4 tackles and 1 sack
    Chris Houston: 1 INT
    Brandon Ghee: 1 INT

Lions defense did a pretty good job in this game. Pressure when it was needed, and they did get some interceptions. They stopped my run game, but just couldn't stop some key receptions, even though they were right there.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

Just thought about this, but if anyone has any clips they want to share, I might try to throw a video together Monday if I get some time.

8. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

No idea how to share clips lol.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

Lol, if they're on upload you can usually upload them from there to YouTube. I don't know if there is another way of sharing them or not, I'll look into later, it was just an idea I'm not even entirely sure I'll have time or not when I get back. :(

10. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

If I ended the game...Would I be able to access them still? Because Corey Washington's TD catch would be a great addition.

11. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

Man I want to do one of these but I'm terrible at this kinda stuff lol

12. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

I don't think so, unless it auto recorded through the DVR, you can't go back and watch highlights which is a bummer.

13. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

Nevermind then. I also can't stream, as my upload is too bad.

Welp...

14. dubblechzburger

dubblechzburger Walk On

My game just got over I'll do that just incase you do! AP almost broke his own rushing record (2 yards short!!) so I'm sure there are some highlights in there.

15. dubblechzburger

dubblechzburger Walk On

[​IMG]

A game between two last place finishers in 2013. Both are in very tough divisions and need to get as many wins out of division as possible. This game was very sloppy out of the gate. Rams received the ball on first and on the 2nd play of the game Sam Bradford was picked off by Xavier Rhodes. Starting on his opponents 35, rookie starting QB,Teddy Bridgewater, got very good field position for his first NFL drive. Bridgewater got it down to the 5 yard line only to throw his first career interception in the endzone. To make things even wackier Bradford is then picked off on the very next play by Rhodes again! Rhodes undercut a slant to snag his 2nd interception in just as many plays. This led to a 3 yard Adrian Peterson touchdown which would be the start of a very big game. After a punt by the Rams and a 50 yard rush by Peterson to get it down to the 12 yard line, Bridgewater decided to tuck it and run after finding nobody but fumbled the ball as he was getting tackled at the 1 yard line and St. Louis recovered in the endzone. Bradford finally got a drive going hitting Jared Cook and Tavon Austin on big plays but end up fumbling himself on a sack at Minnesota's 27 yardline.

After a Blair Walsh field goal and Greg Zuerlein just missing a 59 yard field goal, the Vikings suffered a scary moment. After getting sacked on a play Bridgewater was injured holding his chest/abdomen area. Cassell finished the drive respectfully by handing off to Peterson several times and hitting Kyle Rudolph to lead to a 2 yard TD rush by Peterson, his 2nd of the day. Down 17-0 with 4:00 minutes left, Bradford knew he had to respond and did so, leading the Rams 74 yards in 6 plays, finishing it off with a 19 yard touchdown pass to Jared Cook. Bridgewater returned and the Vikings decided to test him with a 2-minute drill with 1:40 on the clock and he responded. Driving 71 yards and connecting with Jerome Simpson two times for 47 yards, one being an 18 yard touchdown pass the Vikings closed out the first half up 24-7.

Vikings received the ball in the 3rd and on the 2nd play Peterson broke a few tackles on a outside counter and took it to the house for a 79 yard touchdown. For those keeping track at home that's over 200 yards and 3 touchdowns for the 2012 MVP. St. Louis responds with a 7 minute touchdown drive with Zac Stacy punching it in from 2 yards out. Rams realize they need points and go for 2 but Kenny Britt drops it in traffic. (Full disclosure: Jacob had XP as an option but hit the wrong button and didn't want to waste a second half timeout)

After forcing the Vikings to punt for the first time towards the end of the 3rd quarter the Rams respond with a Zeurlein field goal to make it 31-16. They make the stop they needed by sacking Bridgewater twice and making the Vikings punt again. With 5 minutes left they run into 4th and 1 from the 50 and Stacy gets just enough to keep the drive alive. On 4th and 10 from the 35 Stacy delivers again! This time on a 16 yard reception. It was all for not as SS Robert Blanton picks off Bradford with 4 minutes left, putting a damper on comeback hopes. After a Vikings punt Blanton gets his second interception of the day with 1:45 left. On a power run to the left, Peterson breaks out for a 54 yard touchdown rush to give him 295 yards and 4 touchdowns on the day. And after a Captain Munnerlyn interception, he had the chance to break it but being the team first guy he is and the Vikings not wanting to pile on with 50 seconds left, Bridgewater kneels twice and Peterson again finishes a few yards away from a rushing record.

Offensive Stats
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Defensive Stats
    [​IMG]
    Passing Stats
    [​IMG]
    Rushing Stats
    [​IMG]
    Receiving Stats
    [​IMG]

Sorry that got a little long there lol. If I got a little out of hand with the game summary let me know and I'll shorten it up next time haha

• Like Like x 2
  16. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Chiefs 21
    Titans(CPU) 14

Chiefs offense struggled throughout the game but were able to put a couple of drives together to get points but the Titans offense was amazing minus there one turnover in the redzone as Locker midway through the 4th was still a perfect 22-22 and the Titans tied it at 14. Then Knile Davis broke free and rumbled 65 yards to put Kansas City up 21-14. The Chiefs defense wreaked havoc on Locker all day and the pass rush was able to get to Locker 2 times in a row to end the game on 3rd and 4th down to push the total sack number to 9 for the Chiefs defense. Wasn't a pretty win but its a win and we will take it and get ready for Denver.

KC Alex Smith 12-21 114 Yards 1 TD
    TEN Jake Locker 26-29 284 Yards 1 TD
    KC Knile Davis 6 Att 87 Yards 1 TD
    KC Jamaal Charles 21 Att 86 Yards 1 TD
    TEN Dexter McCluster 13 Att 87 Yards 1 TD
    KC Robert Woods 5 Rec 74 Yards
    TEN Kendall Wright 6 Rec 99 Yards 1 TD

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

Looks good to me man, interesting read.

18. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

Dallas Cowboys defeat San Francisco 49ers 52 to 24 in home openin blowout.

What many believed would be a shootout turned into a nightmare for the 49ers as they fell to the Cowboys.

Tony Romo was seeing the field spectacularly as he went 25 of 35 for 449 yards.
    5 touchdowns and 1 interception.

Wes Welker has proven to be worth the trade so far as he hauled in 5 receptions for 124 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Dez Bryant had a slow day only picking up 66 yards on 3 touches.

Jason Witten continues to be mr. Reliable hauling in 8 receptions for 164 yards and 2 touchdowns.

The Dallas running game never picked up any steam as Demarco Murray only managed 49 rushing yards.

The cowboys defense had a rough outing. Despite holding the 49ers explosive offense to just 24 points, they gave up a whopping 409 yards including 351 passing yards.

Henry Melton was the defensive star of the game racking up 3 sacks in his Dallas Cowboys debut.

Morris Claiborne made a statement in his attempt to secure a new contract and avoid the dreaded title of 1st round bust.
    He hauled in an interception and took it to the house for 6 returning it 65 yards.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Victorias5ecret

Victorias5ecret Walk On

Are you guys writing your own game summaries? If so, bravo. (And hard at work? Really? C'mon, guys.) If not, where are you getting them?

• Like Like x 2
  20. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

Writing our own I believe. That's what I did.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

I wrote my own.

• Like Like x 1
  22. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

And it was fantastic to read by the way.

• Like Like x 2
  23. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Yea I just write my own.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

Fuck the Cowboys a little less :)

• Like Like x 2
  25. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

I wrote my own, most of us I believe are busy with lives, but it's not that hard to write a quick summary nor is it required. I think mine took 5 minutes?

• Like Like x 3