S1W1

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jello1717, Oct 25, 2013.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

The Experience post your week 1 recaps here.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]

The Georgia DB bested two Ole Miss WR to seal the Bulldog victory
    #5 Georgia - 38

Ole Miss - 34

Before I get started, first I forgot to set my CPB = restart #2. Second I tried to bump down the Roughing Penalty to see if it would be effective, it was not = restart #2.

The Bulldogs and Rebels went back and forth all day in this one. At first it looked like Ole Miss had the upper hand with a 3 yard run from Scott and then forcing UGA to go three and out. But the Dawgs would hold on their own and Gurley would find his way in for a score. FR WR Treadwell would be a monster in the Special Teams as he took the following kickoff 103 yards to the house. After another defensive stop the Rebels tacked on a FG to take a ten point lead. UGA would take a long drive to come within 3 and Ole Miss marched down the field but settled with a FG before half to take a 6 point lead. Georgia came out hot and scored the only point of the third quarter to go up by 1. They would add a FG to start the scoring in the 4th to go up 24-20. But Ole Miss wouldn't have that for long as Scott ran it in from 13 yards out to retake a marginal lead. It was a fist fight the remaining two minutes as Murray connected with Rumph to give UGA a lead, then FR WR Treadwell struck again with 98 yard KR-TD but ultimately Georgia would have the last laugh as Murray hit ANOTHER TD with just over a minute left. The Rebels would fight their way down field but with one second on the clock, Wallace would throw the ball where it needed to be but the man in coverage stuck a hand out and swatted it away from two Miss receivers.

This was actually a fun game to play. Ran a few tricky plays with Scott (including fake handoff that involved Scott completing a 29 yard pass). While our pass defense could have been WAY better, our rush D was awesome. They held Gurley to 2.9 YPC, Murray to -2.9 YPC and their backup HB Marshall to -2.0 YPC.

Stats

B. Wallace - 17/27, 188 yards
    J. Scott - 1/1, 29 yards, 28 Att, 127 yards, 4.5 ypc, 2 TD
    C. Morgan - 6 Rec, 68 yards
    M. Marry (Usered most of the game, not too bad) - 8 Tackles, 5 TFL
    R. Nkemdiche - 4 Tackles, 2 TFL, 1 Sack
    C. Sawyer - 3 Tackles, 1 INT

3. jello1717

[​IMG]35
    [​IMG]32

What a crazy ass, high intensity way to start off The Experience '14 v2.0!

Tennessee started the game with a frustrating (for Cal) 14 play, 4 1/2 minute TD drive that saw multiple 3rd down and long conversions and a roughing the passing penalty on Cal's only 3rd down stop of the drive. This would be a recurring theme on the day as all game Cal's D would play very well on 1st and 2nd down, but would be unable to get a stop on several 3rd and medium or long. Anywho Cal wasted no time at all as it only took them 3 plays for QB Zach Kline to connect with WR Maurice Harris on a 3 yard drag route that he turned into a 60 yard TD catch (Tennessee blitzed 7 defenders, surely expecting a run, so there was no help behind). These would be Cal's only 3 plays of the 1st quarter.

After a Tennessee FG Cal went on a longer 9 play drive that featured a surprising 8 passes and only 1 run. Both teams added another TD to enter halftime 21-17 Cal.
    Cal opened the 3rd quarter with a few more runs before Kline hooked up with Harris once again, this time for 55 yards for the only score of the 3rd quarter. This gave Cal a seemingly comfortable 28-17 lead entering the 4th.

Tennessee opened the 4th with another TD and added the 2pt conversion to cut the Cal lead to 3. Cal couldn't add to the lead and was forced to punt with 5 minutes left, pinning Tennessee to their own 5 yard line. Tennessee converted a 3rd and 8 and then a 4th and 1 before HB Young went 61 yards on a HB sweep to give Tennessee their 1st lead of the day with 2:56 left. Cal moved with relative ease down to the red zone but was then faced with a 3rd and 10. The play came up about 5 yards short of the 1st down, but there was a roughing the passer call on Tennessee that meant Cal wouldn't be forced to go for it on 4th down (since they were down 4). The next play saw HB Bigelow take a buck sweep 6 yards to pay dirt to give Cal the 3 point lead with only 40s left.

Tennessee, by virtue of nice passing and another roughing the passer call on Cal, got to the Cal 28 yard line with 22s left. A beautiful HB screen pass broke out into the open and looked like it would go for a TD but a Cal defender tackled the back on the 1 yard line with 13s left! Tennessee went with the hurry up and Cal called an all out blitz and played the run up the middle. Tennessee tried it straight up the gut but was completely stuffed for a 5 yard loss and UT called a timeout with 10s left. On 2nd down they tried a pass which was SOOOO close to being intercepted, but was only knocked down instead, bringing up 3rd and goal from the 6 with 7s left. Knowing coach Dakota's conservative nature coach Jello was expecting a run (since a FG would send it to OT and UT just narrowly missed disaster with the dropped INT), but he played pass anyway. Cal blanketed the end zone with hook zones and a couple of deep zones. The Tennessee QB couldn't find an open receiver and as the pocket began to collapse he rolled right.

Tick
    Tock

He rolled to the sideline, unable to rush up field because he'd never make it to the end zone.

Tick
    Tock

As the clock hit 2, then 1, then 0 he had no choice but to pass it. He found his TE (I think) who appeared to be at the goal line but he was tackled at the 1 foot line. As it turned out it wouldn't have mattered because, during the long 7s that this play took to develop he had stepped out of bounds and was called for illegal touching, allowing Cal to escape with the road win.

What an amazing game dakota7. I'm so glad you're not in my division anymore. Now to recruit an option QB......

Coaches love to run blitz coach Jello, but if he calls a pass play, you'd better have DBs that can tackle

Final play of an amazing game that just took too long.
    Game Balls:
    Cal:
    QB Zach Kline - 257.3, 20/24 (83%), 340 yds, 4 TD, 0 INT (these are HUUUUUGE numbers for me. My passing game is very, very much dink and dunk and my QB is usually near the bottom of the league in YPC. Having a 3 yd drag go for 60 and a 10 yard curl go for 55 definitely helps (y) )
    WR Maurice Harris - 8 rec, 179 yds, 3 TD

Tennessee:
    QB Nathan Peterman - 156.9, 27/38 (71%), 310 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT
    WR Vincent Dallas - 4 rec, 74 yds, TD

upload_2013-10-24_22-51-29.png

4. jello1717

I'm shocked by this. I figure facing Gurley would be as bad as facing Bridgewater was in my 1st bowl game. I've seen what Minnesota's HB did to me (and lots of others) so Gurley would scare the hell out of me.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

I usered whoever was on Gurley. They kept running the same plays so after a while it was easy to stop. But passing...yeah...that's a different story.

6. jello1717

dakota7 this video is pretty fun (to me, probably not so much to you).

Your QB rolls right and the guy who catches the ball (after running OOB first) rolls with the QB to help him out and give him a target. BUT, the other guy there heads to the sideline, but then it's like he say "oh shit!!! Here's comes the QB. Lemme get the fuck out of here!" and he bolts left instead of giving you a target. :dead:

• Like Like x 1
  7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

jello1717 that yellow is disgustingly hard to read through Forum Runner. Just an FYI

8. jello1717

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do about that. Blue is just as bad on the PC.

9. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Masler

I was talking to Hal and he said that he noticed in Z2H that sliders seemed to be "locked in" after the preseason. IE: You can only edit them in the preseason and after that any changes you make wont be effective until the next season starts. Basically, once you're past preseason you cant make changes to the sliders.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

I don't see why it wouldn't take effect. They always have in the past. You would think if they go locked in that I would never be able to adjust them. I guess only one way to find out :/

11. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    HAL9100

12. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Yep. In Season 1 of Z2H, we weren't really seeing a good balance of penalties and some we weren't seeing at all. So in the Preseason of Season 2, I raised some penalty sliders among other adjustments in the sliders...most notably was raising Roughing The Passer from 54 to 60. In Week 1 though, it was immediately obvious that it needed to be turned down. Everyone was getting at least 5 Roughings called in their games with many of us getting 10 or even 15. So for Week 2, I moved it back down to 54. It made no effect. Week 3, I dropped it down to 50. Still the same. Week 4 was down to 25 and Week 5 was finally at 0. Nothing ever changed.

We contemplated restarting but I knew it must've been something I had done since it was fine in Season 1. Since I made that change in the Preseason, I felt there was a pretty good chance that it would be fixed for Season 3 just by getting things right in the next preseason. So we pushed through to Season 3 without touching the penalty sliders and I ended up being right. We aren't getting that issue anymore.

I can't say for certain that the "locking in" is true for all of the sliders because some of their effectiveness can be quite vague anyway and I didn't test them all. It was definitely accurate from what we saw though of Roughing The Passer which was very obvious. Because of that experience though, I can only assume it's that way for all of the sliders.

13. jello1717

I created a new OD and set RTP to 55 and minutes to 8. I played week 1 and changed them to 7 minutes and 54 and advanced to week 2. I can verify that the new minutes were correct at 7 but I'm not gonna play a game to see if I can tell the difference in the RTP slider. I don't know why the penalty slider would be different than the quarter length slider though.

Masler I advanced from the console and like schedule changes, I'd imagine this would need to be advanced from your console and not the DW to take effect.

14. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I'm not sure the point of this if you're not going to play the game. Quarter time isnt a slider so I'm not sure it would be under the same affect. Regardless though, it could just be roughing and not all sliders like stated above.

Drifterbub Ever heard of this?

15. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

BAY 35
    OR ST 42

Coach Rice's home opener ended in thrilling fashion as Oregon State topped Baylor 42-35. Oregon State jumped out to a dominant half time lead of 28-7 only to see it dwindled to a 7 point lead in the 4th quarter. Baylor hit an offensive explosion as they scored 21 in the final quarter to pull within 7 with 2 minutes remaining. Oregon State recovered an onside kick and converted a first down which allowed them to drain the clock for the win. Coach Rice had this to say about the game "I was impressed with our offense, we took our foot off the gas near the end and we almost paid for it"

Players of the game:

BAY: B. Petty 29-34 263 Yds 4Tds
    OR ST: S. Woods 23 Car 145 Yds 3Tds

Play of the game:

TD: S. Mannion pass to R. Mullaney for 61yds

16. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

week1.png
    Week 1 of the Bulldogs season got off to a slow start at Reliant stadium. The #16 Oklahoma State Cowboys came into the match-up confident they would leave Houston Texas with a victory, they would leave disappointed…. After three 3 and outs to start the game off, the Bulldogs were finally able to get on the score board on a pass by Russell to Lewis. The Bulldogs built on their momentum and was able to limit Ok St. to two field goals while adding another score late in the second quarter. In the third, the Cowboys rode on the legs of their back up QB JW Walsh, driving down the field but only ending up with a 20 – 17 lead headed into the fourth.
    As the Cowboys began to fall apart my Dawgs started to turn things around, after a quick field goal to start the fourth. The Cowboys got the ball back then immediately turned it over via an interception. RS Freshman Will Redman, who just won the starting corner spot after a stellar week in practice, found his self across from Oklahoma State’s playmaker Josh Stewart on a first and 10 and stepped up huge to make a wonderful play on the ball. On the very next play Ladarius Perkins took the ball 55 to the house after making a few moves in tight space. These series of events turned to game completely in our favor and we were able to hold on for the win.

week1-3.png week1-2.png

Statbox.png

• Like Like x 4
  17. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Great video Raidernation Terrible coverage on that last OSU touchdown.

18. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Thanks man, yeah terrible I was in three deep 25 's I expected them to go underneath didn't realize he was literally sitting there in the endzone lucky for me to escape the momentum surged CPU comeback.

19. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The WSU Cougars traveled to Vanderbilt to face Coach NT and his Commodores.

The Cougs won the toss and took the ball and the Air Raid O moved the ball down the field for an early TD converting a few 3rd downs on the way.

We were able to stop Vandy close to midfield and then drive for another FG.

The game remained 10-0 till almost the end of the first half when I made crucial mistake and tossed an ill advised pick. Vandy took advantage and scored a td.

The Cougars would get the ball with a minute left in the half and hit Mayle with two long passes where he just went and got the ball on a short duck and the second one he just ran by the CB for a big play.

Dominque Williams finished the drive off with a td...Back breaker for the Vandy team right before the half.

17-7 at the Half..

The Second half the Cougars D continued it strong play building a 30-14 lead...When Vandy hit a very nice pass across the middle several Cougar defenders moved in for the tackle and seemed to knock each other off....which turned a 7 yard gain into a quick 75 yard TD and then Vandy was able to convert the 2 point conversion and it was 30-22 with about 4 minutes left.

The Cougar O took over and were able to take the KO and then drive the clock out ending with Connor Halliday taking a few knees at about the 8 yard line of Vandy.

The offensive POG for the Cougars was True Sophomore RB Teondray Caldwell 25 carries for 139 yards 0 tds and 0 fumbles. Vince Mayle was a close second catching 6 balls for 152 yards and a td. He was just a man out there. Halliday chipped in with 277 and 2 tds.

For Vandy QB Robinette was solid throwing for a 233 yards and 2 tds. Seymore led the ground attack with 25 yds and a td. WR Matthews will be a playmaker for the Commodores this season and trouble for any SEC D... He had 108 yds and a td, including the huge late 79 yd td that closed the gap.

Deone Bucannon led the Cougars D with 5 tackles 2 deflections and a sack? Not sure where that came from but he got one.

DE Morse led the Vandy D and set a school record for sacks by beating up on Halliday for 3 total sacks.

In the end the Cougars were just able to hold off the Vandy team long enough and sneak out of town with a season opening 30-22 W.

GG NeuroticTruth was a pleasure talking with you and listening to that cute kiddo of yours man...enjoy those years!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Experience

Just a reminder that previous week game summaries need to be in before the current week is over.

21. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG][​IMG]

24 - 20

upload_2013-10-27_13-26-42.png

Faurot Field l Missouri opened the season under new coaching with a talented team and high expectations. The even more talented Husky team was in town to kick the season off. Mizzou would jump out to an early 10 point lead on the legs of UM RB Josey. The first touchdown coming from UM WR Washington when UW decided to continuing leave their DB out on island's in an attempt to slow down the MIzzou offense. Udub would manage to capitalize at the end of the 1st half to head into the locker room all tied up. UM down three about half way through the 4th quarter MU QB Franklin lead the Tigers all the way down the field to take the lead with less than 40s to play. Udub would march down the field, have an interception over turned by a roughing the passer, but ultimately fell short to get into the endzone.

Game Ball:
    UM RB H. Josey - 21 car 140 yds 1 TD

gg blLL flo

• Like Like x 1