S1W10 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by greatnessdc, Oct 8, 2014.

1. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

I'll just leave this here....

2. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

This is going to be short and simple due to lack of time and sleep.

Falcons vs Bucs final score 34-18

The Falcons offense had trouble moving the ball against the fiery Tampa Bay defense for a majority of the game. Atlanta struggled with the run but found some success moving the ball in the air. Devonta Freeman was able to turn that in to two goal line scores. Matt Ryan made one early mistake with the football throwing an interception. After that he settled in and was able to manage an 78 percent completion percentage for the rest of the game. His one TD score came on a play action pass deep down field to Roddy White for a 32 yard TD.

Tampa Bay was a one sides coin. And by that I mean their defense did everything they could to keep them in the game. While their offense seemed to waste those chances. Tampa bays defense managed to knock three fumbles out of the Falcons arms as well as send starting TE Levine Toililo to the injured list for a still to be determined duration. They were able to get 4 turnovers from the Falcons offense but in return young Quarterback Mike Glennon threw 4 interceptions of his own. One of those going for 6 in the hands of Desmond Trufant.

MVP: I'm only doing one this week and it was the man who set the tone for the Falcons defense. Jason Pierre-Paul.
    Paul managed to wrack up a season high 9 tackles, 7tfl, and 4 sacks. He was a monster against the run and put pressure on Glennon almost every snap. Clearly the Falcons are happy with the trade they made to bring in this defensive stud. (Masterfocker ) ;)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

Coach Mozaaik was seen in the crowd, doing some obvious scouting for their game against the Falcons in week 12. :p

• Like Like x 3
  4. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

Double block JPP. Never leave Julio in a 1vs1.

5. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

Shoulda gotten a 1st and 2nd for JPP :mad:

6. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

Raider Week is the greatest week of them all... The past decade it hasn't meant much but this year it finally has two great teams facing off against each other. Denver coming in at 7-1 and the Oakland at 6-2, easily the biggest game for both teams all year.

Thanks again to Montee freaking Ball, the Broncos were able to leave Oakland with a victory that they didn't deserve.

Ball opened the game with a sweet 52 yard run that gave Denver excellent field position, a first down to Demaryius later and the Broncos were in business. But with Ball on the sideline gasping for air the drive stalled after Manning missed a wide open Julius Thomas in the endzone. Prater would boot a 28 yard FG to give Denver an early lead.
    Rookie QB Derek Carr answered with a 12 play 80 drive, but unlike Manning, Carr would go 4-4 on the drive including a 6 yard strike to his veteran WR James Jones to give DA RAIDAAZZ a 7-3 lead heading into the 2nd Q.

After a Matt Prater FG and Raiders punt, Manning and co had the ball with just over 4:00 min left. Just like he's done all year, Manning would lead the Broncos on a half ending touchdown drive that had a 4th down conversion and a few lucky drops by the Raiders secondary. Peyton would hit Sanders from for 4 yards out with 6 secs left to give Denver all of the momentum heading into halftime. While the play was going on coach Troy J. was trying to trade for Sanders, those pesky Raiders;). 13-7 Denver

The 3rd quarter was another defensive struggle as neither team could muster any offense. The Raiders did manage to get inside Denver's 30 yard line but FS Rahim Moore laid the wood on Jones-Drew and Von Miller would recover the fumble ending Oakland's hopes of taking the lead before the 4th.

A short FG by Janikowski to start the 4th Quarter cut the Broncos lead to 13-10. On the next drive, Manning would finally pay for making awful throws. This time with all day to throw Manning inexplicably threw right to future HOF Charles Woodson. Denver's defense, which has stood tall game would make another stand forcing a King punt. With over 5min left the Broncos could have iced the game with a TD, but after a 17 yard pass from Manning to his BFF Tamme the Broncos once again stalled inside Oakland territory. Prater would boot a 45 yard FG to give Denver the dreaded 6 point lead. That's when shit got cereal.
    Carr drove his team down the field with ease, the drive was capped off when the rookie QB saw his go to WR Moore streaking down the seam one on one with a safety and threw a beautiful pass for 6 giving Oakland a 17-16 lead with 52 secs left.
    But with 3 TOs Manning would camly(not really) find his TE Julius for a quick 29 yard play. Montee Ball would take the following play 16 yards up the gut setting Denver up on the 33 yard line, but facing gusts of wind reaching 12 mph Manning elected to run a couple of more plays to give his kicker a sure shot FG attempt. Two plays later, 13 yard pass to Sanders and a 6 yard run gave Matt Prater a chip shot FG for the win and he wouldn't disappoint kicking a 31 yard FG as time expired giving the Broncos a 19-17 W.

Stats of the game
    Broncos

Manning 17-27 197 yards 1 TD 1 INT
    Ball 22 carries 149 yards
    Demaryius 8 rec 65 yards
    Sanders 2 rec 17 yards 1 TD
    Von 1 SCK/ FR
    Sly Williams 2 huge TFL

Raiders
    Carr 15-23 200 yards 2 TDs
    MJD 20 carries 92 yards
    Moore 3 rec 58 yards 1 TD
    Jones 3 rec 28 yards 1 TD
    Branch 2 Pass deflections
    Woodson 1 INT

Key stat of the game... Raiders 5 pass deflections/ Denver 2

It was over when...Prater kicked the GW FG as time expired

GG Troy J. looking forward to this rivalry which is shaping up to be a great one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

^game of the year

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

I sort of called it in the chat last night haha.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

might have been the best game of 2 really good teams but i gotta say my comeback against the falcons had the best ending of the year so far.

10. johngalt10

johngalt10 Walk On

This will probably be the only summary I write, but I most just wanted to do it to show off this insanely lucky game winning play.

Anyways, I played the Ravens CPU and had a really tough time with Flacco. I got the ball first and got stopped after like 2 first downs and the Ravens scored on the first drive (literally can't make Flacco miss). I then scored with a ~30 yd pass to Kendall Wright to even it up 7-7. We both got stopped once or twice until they scored, 14-7. At this point I was ready to rage quit because the cpu qb refuses the throw the ball unless the receiver is open (slim chance for picks or even knocking the ball down) and I couldn't get any pressure on Flacco. I drive down with about 1:30 left in the half and get a 40 yd td pass to Justin Hunter in the back of the endzone and immediately see a flag. I thought it was holding and threw my controller; turns out it was roughing the passer. Retrieve my controller and figure we're going to half time tied at 14, but of course Flacco makes some great passes and they get a fg. 3rd quarter, the Ravens made a 59 yd fg and I didn't score, but I did learn to just start playing cover 0 every play as it was my only chance to stop Flacco, otherwise a few punts this quarter. 4th quarter, I get the ball with 7 minutes left on my own 20 and decide I need to try to run the clock as much as possible because I'm afraid to give it back to Flacco with any time left. I got down to the Ravens 5 yd line with about 1:30 to go and wanted to waste every last second. First play, outside pitch got knocked back about 3 yds. 2nd and goal from the 8, decide to pass it and get sacked at the 13. 3rd and goal from the 13 and my TE drops an open 8 yd pass. At this point I was pretty livid and scared I was going to lose, but I had one more shot at the endzone. You can see below what happens on the final play, the luckiest catch ever and I finally rejoiced that I beat the cpu.

After 3 weeks of being in the league, I'm sitting at 3-6, but in my games I'm 2-0 with 2 very close wins (1 byeweek) so I'm happy thus far, even though I may be throwing away my originally top 1-3 draft pick if I win a few more.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I tried to stop you - you wouldn't listen.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

[​IMG]

Bills defense chokes out Chiefs

EJ Manuel played perhaps his best game to date as a Bill finishing the day 16/20 with 196 yards and was efficient in leading the offense particularly early in the game, opening up a 14-0 lead and setting the tone before Buffalo's typical ground and pound approach. CJ Spiller was finally the spark plug the offense needed notching all 3 touchdowns for the Bills, 2 on the ground and 1 in the air. He had a season high 26 carries for 98 yards and lead the Bills in receiving, the bulk of which coming on a well executed screen play at the end of the half to put the Bills in position to hit a field goal. The screen game gave the Chiefs defense fits for most of the day.

The Bills defense was the real story - albeit facing a team with a lot of injuries and starting former Bills QB Thad Lewis. The defense held one of the leagues best backs in Jamaal Charles to 0 big plays, finishing the game with 15 carries for 49 yards. The Bills defense had struggles getting to Lewis all game but their approach did keep the Chiefs out of the endzone, only yielding 2 field goals. Also surprisingly, neither team committed a turnover. Once again the Bills defenders got their hands on a ton of passes but couldn't corral any of them.

The Chiefs standouts had to be on defense. Dontari Poe gave Eric Wood fits all day, blowing up several plays and forcing runs away from him. OLBs Tamba Hali and Justin Houston were equally disruptive, both notching sacks and sealing the edge in the run game all game long in what otherwise would have been a tremendous breakout performance in the Bills run game.

The Bills improve to 8-1 and face the winless Dolphins in Week 11, a classic trap game.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Jacksonville 26
    Dallas 10

The Jaguars played host to Dallas overseas in a soggy London as it was 100% rain the entire game. Dallas got on the board first with a Dan Bailey field goal to make it 3-0 and that would be the last time Dallas would have the lead. Jacksonville responded with a touchdown from Toby Gerhart who punched it in from 1 yard out. The Jacksonville defense was fired up in this game as they frustrated Romo and the Dallas offense all game which was the story of that game as Jacksonville's offense was patient and efficient. The Jags defense was able to pick Romo off 4 times but none more crucial then Paul Posluszny's pick early in the 4th with the Jaguars up 26-10 Dallas was marching to close the gap and had the ball on the Jaguars 5 yard line, The Jacksonville D-coordinator was thinking Zac Stacy was gonna smash it in but it was a pass and Posluszny was in the right place at the right time and jumped in front of Jason Witten to pick the ball off and seal the game as Dallas wouldn't get into the Jaguars redzone the rest of the game and Jacksonville pulls off the unthinkable upset the then undefeated Cowboys 26-10. Good Game again RaiderRed90 I hope we meet again this cycle.

Blake Bortles 14-17 157 Yards 1 TD
    Lache Seastrunk 21 Att 100 Yards, Fred Jackson 16 Att 50 Yards
    Justin Blackmon 4 Rec 42 Yards 1 TD
    Paul Posluszny 2 Tackes 2 INT

Tony Romo 17-32 269 Yards 1 TD 4 INT
    Zac Stacy 8 Att 40 Yards
    Dez Bryant 8 Rec 104 Yards
    Rolando McClain 12 Tackles

• Like Like x 4
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 2
  14. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

I want seastrunk back

15. RFF

RFF Walk On

Always glad to see an undefeated team toppled... methinks with their young talent & cap room (thanks, coach mode) and Zcar's madden skill, the Jags could be real contenders as early as next season (and at a surprising 5-5, who knows... they aren't out of the playoff hunt by any stretch this season, either).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Haha I bet you do.

• Like Like x 1
  17. dubblechzburger

dubblechzburger Walk On

[​IMG]
    The Green Bay Packers did their best impression of the Buffalo Bills as their defense absolutely pummeled the Chicago Bears. The Bears were coming in facing an uphill battle already, facing a Green Bay team that beat them 34-3 in Week 4 at Chicago, and the absence of head coach GDip played a role as the replacement did not have them ready. The Bears defense looked like it came to play holding Green Bay to a field goal on their first drive but then it was the beginning of a brutal day for the offense. On the first play of the drive, Cutler was sacked by Clay Matthews after having what seemed like a lifetime in the pocket and fumbled. B.J. Raji recovered the fumble and stumbled his way 11 yards for the touchdown, his 2nd career touchdown, both coming against the Bears. This led to his signature touchdown dance:

Things didn't get any better for the Bears because Clay Matthews registered 2 more sacks the very next drive forcing a Chicago 3 and out. The Packers then went on a long drive that leaked into the 2nd quarter ending up in an Eddie Lacy touchdown rush. Despite another 3 and out, Chicago's defense managed to force Green Bay to punt, giving the offense another chance before the half to get some momentum. They managed to finally get a first down but that was it as they had to punt yet again, giving the Packers the ball with 5 minutes left in the half. Rodgers took advantage and eventually hit Randall Cobb on a 3 yard touchdown with 30 seconds left, all signs pointing to Green Bay going into halftime up 24-0. Chicago had other ideas though, as the kick returner got lit up by rookie Ha Ha Clinton-Dix on the kickoff leading to another fumble that was then walked in by the Packers.

The Bears fortune did not change after halftime however as the offense started with yet another 3 and out. Coach dubblechzburger decided to give the offense one last series, in which the Chicago defense bent, but didn't break, stopping Eddie Lacy on 3rd and inches at midfield. It ultimately did not matter as Jay Cutler was sacked again, this time by his old teammate Julius Peppers, in the endzone to give Green Bay the rare 33-0 lead. Rookie QB Stephen Morris saw his first action of the season as Rodgers, Lacy, Cobb and Nelson all came out of the game. It was a heavy dose of Starks the rest of the way but Morris hit his targets when called on completing all 3 of his passes. Midway through the 4th quarter after a very run heavy 11 play drive, Starks scored Green Bay's last touchdown and the last points of the game. Chicago almost scored, accumulating 4 of it's 6 first downs total in the last few minutes but ultimately had to punt after another Clay Matthews sack, his 4th of the game.

Passing Stats
    Aaron Rodgers 11/15 86yds 1 TD
    Stephen Morris 3/3 35yds

Jay Cutler 6/14 104yds
    Rushing Stats
    Eddie Lacy 25 att. 151yds 1 TD
    James Starks 13 att. 67yds 1 TD

Matt Forte 5 att. 1yd
    Receiving Stats
    Jarrett Boykin 4 rec. 35yds
    Davante Adams 1 rec. 20yds
    Randall Cobb 1 rec. 3yds 1TD

Alshon Jeffery 4 rec 29yds
    Matt Forte 4 rec 23yds
    Santonio Holmes 2 rec 20yds

Defensive Stats
    Clay Matthews 5 tkl 5 TFL 4 sacks 1 FF
    AJ Hawk 4 tkl 3 TFL 1 sack
    Davon House 3 tkl 1 FR 1 TD
    Ha Ha Clinton-Dix 3 tkl 1 FF
    Julius Peppers 2 tkl 1 sack
    BJ Raji 1 FR 1 TD

Chris Clemons 11 tkl
    Jon Bostic 8 tkl
    Kyle Fuller 6 tkl
    Next Week: The Bears (1-8) look to bounce back against the 5-4 Minnesota Vikings, who are going to be looking to match the Packers efforts, in their tight race for the division and wild card. The 6-3 Packers will look to extend their 4 game winning streak as they play the currently 4-4 Philadelphia Eagles.

18. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

[​IMG]

The Browns lose another close one against the Bengals this week... After what seemed like was going to be an impressive drive, the Browns were forced to settle for a field goal early in the first. After a little flip flopping from both offenses, the Bengals managed to take the lead 10-3 with about a minute left in the half. Manziel led an impressive drive to get the touchdown and tie the game with about 5 seconds left in the half. Andy Dalton came out hungry for the win, giving the Browns secondary problems the rest of the game. Even with Dalton giving the Browns trouble, both teams were held to only two field goals, the Bengals last one woud tie the game as time expired in the half.

The Bengals elect to receive in overtime, and it looked like they were going to put the game away, before being forced to punt it from around midfield. The Browns struggled before punting it themselves, this went on two more times I think, before the Dalton leads an impressive drive to get the Bengals in easy field goal range and put the game away.

Billy Cundiff tried to redeem himself going 3/3 on FGs tonight, hitting his longest from 48 YDs. The dynamic duo, Haden and Gilbert, were silent for most of the night even though Haden had a pick in the first half but dropped it. Donte Whitner had the only interception of the night, picking the pass off in the Bengals endzone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Browns are going to have to figure out a way to score points and work on some problems on defense if they want any success in the rest of season. They're next three games will def be a challenge as they have to take on the Texans, Falcons and then the Bills.

• Like Like x 2
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 2
  19. dubblechzburger

dubblechzburger Walk On

Hahaha I lost it at the circling of greatnessdc

• Like Like x 3
  20. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

Haha, he was in the stream, figured I'd throw out the thanks. :)

• Like Like x 2
  21. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

So much for that secret scout mission.....

Btw are those screenshots? Can we do that now or how'd you get those?

• Like Like x 1
  22. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

Yeah they're screenshots. Still can't do it through the xbox, I have an external capture card.

• Like Like x 1
  23. GDip

GDip Walk On

Seriously? 40-0?!? 61 yards of TOTAL offense?!?! Keller is there anything with the sliders that can be done about this? The CPU should be better than this. That's just ridiculous!
    Sorry I couldn't be there to make it 9 points closer dubblechzburger ;);)

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. dubblechzburger

dubblechzburger Walk On

Haha yeah man I was seriously baffled. My own online league I do alone is All-Pro too and I've never seen a CPU lay that big of an egg. Especially one with those weapons. Everything just seemed weird from the get go. First play of the game Cutler had at least 3 or 4 seconds. I know this because I was controlling Matthews and before I got the sack with him I got sent to the ground by a lineman. Got up and still got to Cutler. Next series they tried to run it once which got stuffed then pass-pass then they became soooo pass happy. Down by 17 sure but they completely abandoned the run as evidenced by only 5 carries for Forte.

25. RFF

RFF Walk On

We should make CPU sliders the same as Player sliders... CPU defenses get tougher.