S1W12 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by DadiBlanki, Oct 14, 2014.

1. DadiBlanki

DadiBlanki Walk On

Guess I'll kick it off...since I finally won a game! Granted it was against the CPU, but still. If was tough...

The dolphins received the games kickoff and....uncharacteristically...drive the length of the field on a 13-play drive to take the early lead. But the momentum was quickly snagged away by a 78 yard return by Thomson. After making it first and goal on the MIA 6, the defense held Denver to a field goal. Miami responds by going 3 & out and give Denver decent field position.

The first play of the 2nd Qtr was a 4th and 14 on the MIA 44. Matt Prater nails a 61-yard field goal to inch the Broncos to within 1 point. After missed field goals by both teams, Denver finds some rhythm in their passing game and drive down to score a TD on a 4-yard TD pass to Andre Caldwell (Go Gators). Doplphins again can't answer and punt the ball away with 1:26 left in the half. Relying again on pass, Manning is able to drive down to within field goal range. After being sacked for a loss of 8 yards, Manning responds with a 9 yard pass to Ball with :02 left. Prater, of course, nails a 50-yarder to end the half with a score of 16-7.

Not mush to report from the third Qtr. Both teams could not establish the run, and no points were scored. Miami took the pedal off the Run Defense and began to play the pass and it showed.

Miami knew they could not win the game if they couldn't establish the run, so they stuck to it. Finally Moreno and Miller were able to break out decent runs, oping up the play-action, and they were able to score a TD on a Tannehill 7-yard to Lynch with 7:09 left to play. Denver look to put it away by eating clock with the run, but were forced to punt the ball from their own 42 with 4:09 left to play. The dolphins were able to drive down to the DEN 40 and had a tough decision to make on 4th and 8. Do they bring out the kicker to attempt a long field goal having missed some in the earlier part of the game, or do they try to the first down and continue the drive. They keep the offense on the field and Rookie out of LSU Landry is able to make a great catch in traffic and fight for the extra yards to get the first down. Behind Morenos powerful running, they get doen to the Denver 10 yard line and let the clock wind down to :03 to call a timeout and Sturgis hits the game-winning 27-yard field goal.

Key Performers:

Passing
    P. Manning: 24/32, 215 yards, 1 TD 0 INT
    R. Tannehill: 21/32, 204 Yards, 1 TD 0 INT

Rushing
    K. Moreno: 23 for 72 yards
    M. Ball: 19 for 59 yards

Receiving
    E.Sanders: 7 for 72 yards
    J. Thomas: 5 for 66 yards
    k. Moreno: 30 for 30 yards

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  2. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

Giants get destroyed at home against the Dallas Cowboys, 42-24.

It was just a meltdown. The Cowboys couldn't run it at first, so they had to pass it. Remember that 4 INT game by DRC? Yeah, he played fucking abysmal this game. Always giving receivers 5+ yard cushions, missing tackles, whiffing on thrown balls, etc. Just everything he could do wrong; he did.

Oh, and let's not forget Stevie Brown shitting the bed. That brought in the rookie Nat Berhe, who played well in his limited late-game action.

Once the score was heavily against me (Eli's INT's led to short field for the Cowboys and broken tackles led to big, quick plays), RaiderRed90 then got his run game going and ran all over the Giants to run the clock out.

Stats:

Eli Manning: 31-53 430 yds. 3 TD 4 INT

Eli started out inaccurate, missing receivers by miles and throwing it in all the wrong places. He picked it up later, but not until the Cowboys had dropped 200 interceptions. Oh, and they stopped dropping them after a while. A lot of the incompletions were my fault because of bad decisions on my part, but he had his fair share of abysmally thrown balls, including the last throw for an INT to seal the deal. Eli's Confidence is so low that I don't think I can recover it, honestly. If he struggles, don't be surprised to see Nassib out there.

Rashad Jennings
    : 4 rushes for 7 yds. 0 TD

That's right. The Giants were down by so much so early that they were only able to run 4 times. Down by 21 before halfway through the 2nd because DRC couldn't cover for shit. Also, Eli and the offense not being able to do anything early; thus always giving the Cowboys a short field. After Dallas laxed on the offense a bit, the Giants were finally able to get something going. And that didn't include Rashad Jennings in any way.

ODB
    : 8 rec. for 147 yds. 0 TD

ODB was moved up into the #1 receiver spot because of a demotion to Reuben Randle. Although he didn't see the endzone, he made some great catches, and got deep a lot. He's a monster that catches almost everything. Look for him to be an absolute stud in the coming years.

Corey Washington: 6 rec. for 85 yds. 1 TD

Corey Washington moved up into the #2 WR spot because of the Randle demotion. And what do you know? Washington puts up better numbers than Randle would've ever put up. He's now alongside ODB as a deep threat, but can also go short for the needed first down.

Victor Cruz: 7 rec. for 88 yds. 1 TD

Cruz also had a good game. He was used primarily to get first downs, but also got a TD grab on a Post in the endzone. Cruz finally had a good game without the CPU. That's what I call progress.

Rob Housler: 5 rec. for 65 yds. 1 TD

Housler had a mostly quiet night. He caught some first downs, was a safety blanket for a lot of plays. His TD came from a seam where he split the Cover 2 and was wide open. That was the only time he was targeted in the red zone.

Johnathan Hankins
    : 4 tackles 1 sack

Hankins had a great early game. He stopped the run in its tracks, and even recorded a questionable sack. In the middle of the game, he and the other D-Lineman allowed lots of rushing yards. At the end, he was a force in collapsing the running lanes again. Hankins is great.

Damontre Moore: 3 tackles 2 sacks

Damontre Moore had 2 early sacks, bringing his total up to 10 on the season (JPP who?). After that, though, he was basically non-existent.

Nat Berhe: 3 tackles

The rookie came in for Stevie Brown in the 4th quarter. he played well, allowing no big plays in coverage (Read: No big runs happened as RaiderRed was running out the clock), and tackled players quickly and efficiently. Look for his to keep starting at the FS position.

Antrel Rolle: 10 tackles

Antrel Rolle continues his great play in this game. he wasn't great in coverage (Like always), but he stopped multiple runs, and was a force there. Eh, I'd say they offset.

DRC: 5 tackles.

Good fucking God. DRC. He had a great game last week. This week? Couldn't cover shit. Constantly missed tackles. Was the sole reason for a long Wes Welker TD pass. Dez Bryant constantly beat him, and it wasn't even close. Please oh please DRC; shape back up to the form you were at when against the Niners.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

It was a good game man. It's unfortunate that DRC played so poorly against dez but you are definitely getting alot better. You had some sick hot routes that torched my defense

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Jacksonville 29
    Indianapolis 27

The Jaguars headed north to face there AFC South rival Indianapolis Colts in a huge division game that could alter the playoff race. Andrew Luck didn't do much in the game other than manage it until the 4th quarter because Trent Richardson finally played up to what everyone thought he would as he torched the Jacksonville defense for almost 200 yards on the ground. On the flip side it was the Blake Bortles show as he played his best game by far this season.

Fast forward to the last 2 drives, Indy has the ball with just over 7 minutes left down 26-20 and they put together a long methodical drive that chewed up some clock and got them down the field but the play of the drive was the last play as Indy faced a 4th and goal from the 5..."This could be the ball game right here, Snap to Luck and here comes the pressure he looks left nothing rolls out and avoids a defender and slings it to Hakeem Nicks TOUCHDOWN COLTS!!!!!!". After the PAT the Jags now down 1 had around three and a half minutes to get in field goal range. Bortles got Jacksonville to there own 45 and it looked as though the offense was stalling out as they faced a 3rd and long but Bortles hung in there and found Marquise Lee who would break free and get it down inside the Colts 20. The Jags coaching staff knew they did not want Indy's offense to see the field again so it was on the running game from here on out. Just before the 2 minute warning the Jaguars were faced with a 4th and inches from the Colts 8 yard line and in most cases the field goal unit trots on to take the lead well this wasn't most cases as coach Carder decided to roll the dice and gamble and went for it, Bortles keeper and he got it. A few kneel downs and a timeout saw 4 seconds left in the game, Josh Scobee runs on the field kicks the game winner as time expires and Jacksonville heads home with the W 29-27.

Blake Bortles 15-22 268 Yards 3 TD
    Lache Seastrunk 21 Att 74 Yards
    Allen Robinson 5 Rec 111 Yards 2 TD
    Jonathan Cyprien 9 Tackles 1 Sack

Andrew Luck 18-22 176 Yards 1 TD
    Trent Richardson 20 Att 180 Yards 1 TD
    Hakeem Nicks 3 Rec 24 Yards 1 TD
    Robert Mathis 7 Tackles 1 Sack

• Like Like x 1
  5. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

In what will go down as the Falcons biggest come from behind win in the season, the Falcons continue to struggle with turnovers while their defense has cooled off its hot takeaway start.

[​IMG]

In a game Falcons fans will find very reminiscent to the game they had last week against division rival Carolina Panthers, ball security was at an all time low.

The Browns got the ball first and marched down field only to come up short for a TD and settle for an early 3-0 lead. The Falcons D was able to hold the Browns to 3 multiple times this game and that did give them the chance they needed to win. The Falcons offense picked up right where they left off last week. First play of the game for the Falcons O and they hand off to Antone smith who picks up 8 only to cough up the ball on a rough hit. The defense of the Falcons again held the browns only to a FG to make it a 6-0 game. The Falcons with the ball again start to drive down field. Ryan puts the ball into the hands of one of the best WR's in the league Julio Jones only to have him cough up the ball as well leading to a touchdown for the browns.
    The Falcons returned to form moving the ball right down the field into Browns territory on their next drive. Inside the redzone Matt Ryan tried to throw it to Harry Douglas in the endzone only to overthrow his target and have the ball go right into the hands of Justin Gilbert who returned it 101 yards for the TD. Down 20-0 the Falcons hope looked grim. Going into half time trailing 23-7 the Falcons hopes still holding on as they see their playoff chances getting smaller.

The Falcons receive after the half and begin their drive. Ryan trying to hit Julio on the sideline only for Joe Haden to make one of the most amazing interceptions I have seen this season as he dives in front of Julio and allows the Browns to get another TD to make the score 30-7. With moral on the team hitting a low for the season the Falcons looking at a 6-5 record prayed to madden jesus for help and he answered....

After that amazing return from Devin Hester the tides turned. The rest of the game had big plays as well but I would be typing for days to finish it. I was able to get the go ahead TD with under 2 minutes left and my defense held them to a 4 and out.

[​IMG]

I still believe in Ryan. I don't really blame the Haden interception on a bad read because it was just an amazing play but a fantastic player but this was a much improved game for Matty Ice. The big takeaway note here was his ability to final lead a game winning drive in the fourth quarter.

[​IMG]

Trailing most of the game the Falcons didn't run the ball as much as they would like but they were able to get goal line situations to allow Freeman to get 3 td's in this game. The rookie also had a pair of runs after the 4 and out to seal the game.
    Note- I let Antone Smith run the ball the first play of the game as I wanted to utilize his speed only to have him fumble. I would be surprised how many chances he gets from this point forward.

[​IMG]

Roddy and Julio returned to star form in this game making big catches. Not much else to say here other then my inability to involve my hb's in my pass game for some reason.

Offensive MVP: Roddy White. Even though Julio had the TD in the game White made bigger catches. White was the guy who helped move the ball downfield all game.

Defensive MVP: Justin Gilbert. 2 defensive td's. One being a fumble the other being a 101 yd interception.
    Honorary mention to: Jason Pierre Paul. While Joe Thomas had him in check almost all game he came alive towards the end of the third quarter and helped stop the browns offense for the rest of the game with huge sacks.

Special teams MVP and really the MVP of the game: Devin Hester. I really want to utilize him more in my offense but I run a lot of 3 WR's sets and forget to manually sub hester in.

GG Mozaaik this summary didn't really feel like it came out right but it was a really fun game and I had fun talking to you during. You definetly have the potential to be a threat down the line. Feel free to post the interception if your capture device has it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

Gonna upload the interception and fumble shortly. Great game man, my defense did everything they could to get us a win, the offense just couldn't do much of anything. JPP breaking lose in the end was a major turning point. But the kick return and Manziel interception just killed our confidence. Hope to play you again soon man for sure.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  7. arlennnn

arlennnn Walk On

Chiefs 35 Raiders 34

While it felt like a defensive struggle for the majority of the game, Thad Lewis finally settled down in this new chiefs offense, finishing the day 30/36 for 300 yards and 4 TD's. On the Raiders side Derek Carr kept his stellar play up ending with one less touchdown than Thad through the air. Neither Hali nor Houston recorded a sack but the defensive line of the Chiefs was living in the Raiders' backfield. We traded deep touchdown passes and both had some seriously long drives, one of which was extended by Jamaal Charles' 3rd turnover in as many games. Of course as I hinted before Thad was the star of the day, leading the chiefs on a perfect 2 minute drill which ended in a Escobar TD to seal it. It was a thrilling game and I had to deal with some detractors in the party chat calling for me to throw a pick in the 2 minute drill but I can't wait to match up with the Raiders again, especially with 4 starters coming back in the next two weeks

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

Oh and I forgot to add. The hester return was also his first of the year and in Madden that means it was his record breaking return. You were part of history!!! Mozaaik

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

Haha go me! Videos are up, see above post.

10. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

did you get a video of that haden int?

11. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

Nope. didn't have option to view the replay for it or the Hawkins catch for 75 yards. :(

12. BigK44

BigK44 Walk On

Washington Redskins- 23
    San Francisco 49ers- 13

In a game that featured two 5-5 teams, it was the defenses that dictated 3/4 of this game. On the first play of the game, Frank Gore busted loose for a 20 yard gain, only to have the ball striped by FS Ryan Clark. Brian Orakpo jumping on the loose ball, to give the Redskins the ball at their own 45. Some short runs and quick passes later the Redskins have the ball inside the 10. "Hand off to Alfred Morris left side, he's got a seam. OOOHH what a hit by Eric Reid and the ball is loose. Recovery by Traimaine Brock of the 49ers." The 49ers picked up a few nice gains to get out of the shadow of the goal post, but were ultimately forced to punt. RGIII than led a nice drive down the field but were stopped dead at their own 30 and had to settle for a field goal. End of Q1. 49ers got the ball back but were forced to a 3 and out. Once again the Redskins were able to drive down the field but had to settle for a field goal. The 49ers responding with a nice drive of their own but stalling out inside the 20. The 49ers put 3 on the board to make the score 6-3 with 3:30 left in the first half. "AND BOOM! The 49ers kick is off. Desean Jackson back to receive. He's got it on the 2. Stutter steps to the right to get behind his blockers. HE FINDS A GAP! 40! 50! ONE MAN TO BEAT! TRIES TO SHAKE HIM! and tackled from behind at his own 34." Even with all that excitement the Redskins go 3 and out and kick a field goal. The 49ers got the ball with just over 2 minutes left and walked down the field. But were again stopped inside the redzone and had to settle for a field goal. At halftime the score 9-6 Redskins leading. The Redskins got the ball to start the 2nd half. They then preceded to put together an 8 minute drive. Redskins have the ball on their own 5 yard line. "RGIII in shotgun. 3 wide. Morris to his right. He fakes the handoff. Lookin. Lookin. Nothin. He rolls to his right. HE'S GOT SPACE! DIVES FOR THE LINE! HIT BY ERIC REID! THE BALL COMES LOOSE! and recovered by Navarro Bowman on the 2." The teams then traded punts back and forth. End of Q3. The Redskins D was looking strong as they forced another punt to start the fourth quarter. The Redskins started with good field position and after a few quick passes they were quickly to their own 43. "2 wide. A TE on either side. Griffin in the gun. Morris to his right. Handoff Morris. Cuts back to his right. He's got a block. AND HES LOOSE! 30! 20! 10! YYYEESSS! TOUCHDOWN REDSKINS! On a 43 yard trot by Alfred Morris!" The Redskins D forced another punt on the 49ers next position. The Redskins offense having now tasted the promise land once, wanted to return to seal the game. And that's what they did. Taking another 5 minutes off the clock and putting 7 more on the board. The 49ers offense said "We can do that,too" and walked down the field in the final minutes of the game to put their own 7 on the board. But it was too little too late and the Redskins walked away from Candlestick with a 23-13 victory.

Key Stats
    C.Kaepernick- 213yds 1 TD 0 Int 1 car 11 yds 19/26
    R. Griffin III- 212 yds 0 TD 0 Int 3 car 12 yds 1 Fumble 19/28
    F. Gore- 15 atts 61 yds 0 TD 1 Fumble
    A. Morris 26 atts 130 yds 2 TD 1 Fumble
    V. Davis-7 rec 73 yds
    A. Boldin- 3 rec 27 yds
    D. Jackson- 3 rec 34 yds
    J. Reed- 4 rec 65 yds
    A. Jordan- 11 tak 4 tfl 1 sack

N. Bowman- 9 tak 1 sack 1 fmbrec
    E. Reid- 6 tak 2 ffumb
    Bold indicates a Redskins player (I fucked up and don't know how to go back without deleting everything)

Since the Redskins bye week and new head coach Charlie Justice have come onto the scene, the Redskins have gone 2-0. The defense looks much improved but the offense hasn't found its footing. Justice and the Skins gang will head to Indianapolis next week, to take on their new head coach and another 6-5 team looking to stay in the hunt. The 49ers invite Seattle to take the trip down the coast. The 49ers hope to change their luck after dropping 3 straight but they have their work cut out for them against a Seattle team that's been hot. Winning 3 in a row and 5 of their last 6.

13. RaunchyTacoBowl

RaunchyTacoBowl Walk On

Mozaaik greatnessdc Really wish I wouldn't have played a scrim at halftime of your game. Seems like it was a real nail biter! Glad to see people not giving up on their teams despite adversity.

ps- As a saints fan, I'm here to watch the NFCS burn no offense :)

14. integra14

integra14 Walk On

So don't have time for a write up, but for the first time since Week 1 I have a winning record!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  15. dubblechzburger

dubblechzburger Walk On

It's late so I'm just going to keep it sweet. Great game between Vikings Packers that came down to 4th and goal from around the 4 or 5 for Green Bay. Big plays highlighted on here so you can get a pretty good gist of the game just by watching this!

• Like Like x 2
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 2
  16. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On