S1W13 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by greatnessdc, Oct 17, 2014.

1. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

Mine will more then likely not get up to sometime tomorrow as I have work early. Just wanted to get it started!

2. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

[​IMG]
    (Took three tries to finally get this game played all the way through q.q)

[​IMG]

The Falcons got back on track and back took a driver seat in the hunt for a playoff spot by knocking off the Cardinals. The Falcons got back to their winning ways by protecting the football and allowing their playmaker secondary to do what they have done a majority of the season.

But the problems did rear their ugly head again early as Matt Ryan was picked off on their first drive by Patrick Peterson which lead to an early 3-0 lead for the Cards. After that interception Ryan settled in and was able to hit TD passes to Pettigrew and Harry Douglas.

After a late pic 6 by Asante Samual the Falcons took a 28-20 lead. On the ensueing drive by the Cardinals Carson Palmer was hit hard and knocked out for the remainder of the 4th quarter. His replacement Drew Stanton came in and was erratic throwing the football which lead to the Cardinals third int of the day.

Devonta Freeman, the rookie out of Florida state struggled for 3 and a half quarters of this football game before busting out his longest run of the season as he took off for 64 yards and drove the dagger into the heart of this game. Putting up his best statistical game of the season the Falcons hope the rookie can keep up the pace moving forward.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This game saw Larry Fitzgerald go down for a majority of the first half with an injury and also saw Palmer come out of the game in the time the Cardinals needed him the most. Without Andre Ellington this proved to be too much for the Cardinals offense to overcome late.

The Falcons take on another possible playoff team in the NFC with the steaming hot Packers
    The Cardinals next test will come in the form of the Chiefs. The Cardinals season could be on the line here as the NFC is looking harder and harder to make it into the playoffs.

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  3. dubblechzburger

dubblechzburger Walk On

[​IMG]

As you'll see when watching the highlights, Hordan54 had some awful luck. There were a couple "questionable decision" type of turnovers, but a lot of random fumbles and a crushing series at the end of the first half. After kicking a FG to make it 21-10, he picked me off with about a minute left around the 50. This is the perfect momentum swing you'd think as a score could make it 21-13 or 21-17 before I get the ball to start the 2nd half. All this goes down the drain because immediately after Mayo picks me off, he gets hit and fumbles himself which I recover. Hordan recovers as he refuses to let me get into field goal position with it being 3rd down with 6 seconds left at the 40. Chandler Jones (who he was not controlling) had other ideas and decided to rough the passer with 1 second left, giving me an easy field goal. It was just that type of game for him. He shut my offense down after the early first quarter. Holding Rodgers to an abysmal 43% passing and 83 yards. Turnovers saved the day for Green Bay.

Passing
    Aaron Rodgers 11/23 86 yds 2 TD 1 INT
    Tom Brady 16/28 237 yds 3 INT
    Lance Thomas 5/8 56 yds

Rushing
    Eddie Lacy 25 att. 134 yds
    Shane Vereen 9 att 42 yds 1 TD
    James White 4 att 16 yds 1 TD
    Lance Thomas 1 att 8 yds 1 TD

Receiving
    Jordy Nelson 4 rec 17 yds 1 TD
    Jarrett Boykin 2 rec 24 yds
    Eddie Lacy 1 rec 14 yds 1 TD
    Brandon LaFell 5 rec 108 yds
    Danny Amendola 3 rec 30 yds
    Shane Vereen 2 rec 47 yds
    James White 2 rec 30 yds

Defensive
    Brad Jones 9 tkl 1 FF
    AJ Hawk 8 tkl 1 TFL 1 Int 1 TD

Clay Matthews 6 tkl 1 TFL 1 FF 1 FR 1 TD
    Micah Hyde 5 tkl 1 FR
    Casey Hayward 4 tkl 1 INT
    Josh Boyd 4 tkl 2 sack
    BJ Raji 2 tkl 1 sack
    Julius Peppers 1 sack 1 FF
    Nick Perry 1 tkl 1 INT 1 FR 1 TD

Devin McCourty 8 tkl
    Jerod Mayo 7 tkl 2 TFL 1 INT
    Dont'a Hightower 6 tkl 1 sack
    Darrelle Revis 3 tkl 1 TFL

• Like Like x 1
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  4. Hordan54

Hordan54 Walk On

Nice summary dubblechzburger. You said it best during the game. I upset the Madden gods in some way. Hard to win with 7 (yes 7) turnovers haha. Hope we meet up again! Fun game none the less.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

I watched this one, and it was like I was getting kicked in the nuts. I can imagine what it was like for you. That fumble then roughing the passer was brutal to see. I imagine the Madden gods work in mysterious ways, I can only hope they even out for you soon

• Like Like x 1
  6. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

I played the CPU Saints in a downpour in Pittsburgh. Brees went 25 for 31, 238 yards, 3 TDs, no Ints. I was lucky to win this one. Some critical catches and the dual running back attack kept me in the lead, even after giving up 423 total yards.

7. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

[​IMG]

Bills shutout streak snapped but Bills prevail 42-3

Will the real Travis Benjamin please stand up? The score looks awfully lopsided and there is blame to pass around everywhere but the play of Travis Benjamin was horrendous. At least 3, if not 4 absolutely critical drops/big plays and he finished the day without a single catch. Those drive killing plays kept the Bills defense off the field and made for a lousy looking day for Johnny Manziel and company. Manziel didn't help the cause, adding two interceptions on the day and putting the Browns very much behind the 8 ball the rest of the day.

EJ Manuel had a rocky start, missing throws and throwing a head-scratching interception early in the game but the early game jitters subsided and he ended up connecting for 4 TD passes on the day, mostly due to the fact that the Bills could NOT find a way to run the ball when in close against the Browns defense. Their run-defense gave the Bills fits most of the game, save for a few late game runs that made that stat sheet look far better than it really was. Mingo and Kruger were sealing the edges and the interior was preventing lanes and push inside closing down CJ Spiller for most of the day.

Sammy Watkins had a field day, making the biggest plays for the Bills offense and finishing with 6 receptions for 81 yards but 3 touchdowns. Two of the touchdowns were on questionable plays by the defense, leaving Browns fans to wonder just what exactly the defensive backs are smoking in Cleveland. On both, the defender was in position to make a play and simply didn't. Marcel Dareus is the other notable Bill, notching 3 sacks and wreaking havoc in the Browns backfield all day.

The Bills have a brutal schedule upcoming, facing the 9-3 Broncos, the 8-4 Packers, the 7-4 Raiders and the 8-4 Patriots. I'd be shocked if the Bills came out of that stretch better than 2-2 however they are all but a lock to be in the playoff mix, whether that be via a Wildcard or AFCE champ. The real key will be if they can position themselves for a BYE in the 1st round of the playoffs.

GG Mozaaik - sidenote: How the hell did EJ Manuel end up with 3 rushing attempts? Something is bugged there I swear.... I don't recall even 1 scramble with EJ. And your team didn't log any sacks so were they mis-tallied somehow? Something weird is going on.

The rest of the stats....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

Not sure on 3 carries, you never ran with him, and like you said I never had any sacks. That's strange. Another thing that is confusing me is Manziel was 11/26 for 71 YD, but the statistics say 37 yards? Weird.

Good game though, those drops killed me and Gordon stealing the reception that could've been a first (if Benjamin could've caught it anyways lol) but really your defense just gave me fits all day.

9. Keller

Yeah I really dont understand the stats for some things.

The drops were huge and really the game was pretty close until those 2 interceptions. I don't remember the score at the time but those 2 short fields resulting in 14 points really swung the game and let me do pretty much whatever I wanted offensively.

10. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

The Manziel thing is more then likely deducting the sack yards out of the passing yards. I've seen that happen before.

• Like Like x 1
  11. johngalt10

johngalt10 Walk On

Just in case anyone sees the stats and thinks what the hell. Brian and I were playing, he was up 35 to 17 with about 5 minutes left and I had the ball and we dc'd for some reason. We were still connected through chat but not Madden. So we got the score back to where it was and then just ran the clock out.

12. RFF

RFF Walk On

Looks like 3 kneel-downs at the end.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Keller

You're right.

14. RFF

RFF Walk On

That's correct and isn't a glitch. Often times sack yardage is deducted from Team Passing Yardage, but not necessarily from an individual's passing yardage.

15. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Jacksonville 47
    New York Giants 3

The Jacksonville Jaguars played host to the New York Giants in there week 13 matchup. The game was definitely one sided as the Giants had 10 total turnovers as Eli Manning threw 7 interceptions and Ryan Nassib tacked on 2 more. The Jacksonville offense was good for the most part as Bortles only attempted 9 passes completing 5 but 1 completions should have been a pick 6 for DRC but instead he wiffed with one hand and Blackmon housed it for a 68 yard touchdown and then in the 3rd Prince Amukamara decided to spike a Bortles arrant throw instead of pick it off. Seastrunk had a nice day on the ground and had a wild play where it looked as though he was down but instead was able to stay upright around 8-9 Giants and rumble 55 yards for the score. The game got out of hand quickly in the first half but Good Game again Masterfocker who was quoted as he walked off the field is saying we played like a donkey fucking a donkey fucking an elephant fucking Masterfocker LOL.

Bortles 5-9 109 Yards 2 TD
    Seastrunk 16 Att 111 Yards 1 TD/Fred Jackson 14 Att 48 Yards 2 TD/Toby Gerhart 14 Att 54 Yards
    Blackmon 4 Rec 102 Yards 2 TD
    Jags Defense 10 Turnovers(9 INT's,1 Fumble Rec) 4 Sacks

Manning 17-34 197 Yards 7 INT/ Nassib 3-25 79 Yards 2 INT
    Rashad Jennings 8 Att 16 Yards
    Corey Washington 6 Rec 100 Yards
    Nat Berhe 12 Tackles

• Like Like x 2
  16. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

7 ints? Ouch man

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hordan54

Hordan54 Walk On

Feeling slightly less horrible about my 7 turnover game this week.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

You forgot to mention how receivers didn't run good routes, couldn't catch the ball, and defender's couldn't tackle lol.

But other than that, good writeup

• Like Like x 2