S1W14

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jello1717, Nov 22, 2013.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Post 'em up.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Cal 42
    Clemson 41

Cal threw INTs on their 1st 2 possessions and didn't score until their 4th so they were playing from behind for pretty much the entire game. Outside of those first few possessions, which saw Cal facing a 17-0 deficit, the rest of the game was a shootout as both teams predominantly took to the air (they combined for 805 passing yards vs. 299 rushing yds).

Despite starting the game with only his 3rd multi-interception day of his career (he came into the game on a streak of 19 TDs vs. 3 INTs in his last 5 games, 2 of those against users), QB Zach Kline was as on point as he could be when you consider the fact that his O-line was barely even a sieve when it came to slowing down the Clemson pass rush. Poor Zach was sacked a ridiculous 11 times on the day (6 of those coming from DT Grady Jarrett who set an NCAA mark for sacks in a game) and was knocked down a ridiculouser 20 times.

On the other side of the ball, Clemson QB Boyd threw 39 passes (only 8 fewer than Kline) before he was sacked for the only time of the game (but it was this lone sack that forced a punt late in the game with Clemson trailing by 1 and allowed Cal to chew up the rest of the clock). The main difference in the game was the fact that even though the Cal D sucks a big donkey dick, they forced Clemson to kick a FG 4 times out of their 7 trips to the red zone. Had those all been converted to TDs instead, Cal gets blown out of this game.

While Cal fans dreaded seeing #1 WR Treggs go down for the season, they are ecstatic with what Maurice Harris has been able to do in his absence.

Maurice

Mother

Fucking

Harris!

Game Balls:
    QB Zach Kline - 182.4, 34/47 (72%), 428 yds, 6 TD, 2 INT, 11 sacks, 20 knockdowns
    HB Brendan Bigelow - 13 car, 153 yds (11.7 YPC)
    WR Maurice Harris - 11 rec, 179 yds, 4 TD
    TE Spencer Hagan - 8 rec, 104 yds, TD

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Kentucky 28
    Tennessee 31

Tried a lot more pistol and shotgun. I'm probably going to the darkside next year.

Rajion Neal had 3 rushing touchdowns and the defense played just well enough to win.

4. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Washington St 37
    Washington 40 - 2 OT

The battle for the Apple Cup took place in Seattle as the Huskies hosted the #5 Cougars for a huge rivalry game in the PAC-12. This was a back and forth affair all day as the teams traded scores throughout. The Cougars got on the board first as UW QB Cyler Miles fumbled on the very first play trying to scramble for positive yards. WSU would turn it into 7 as they worked the ball on the ground and went to the air at just the right times. UW would come back with a TD and FG to take a 3 point lead after the first. The teams traded TDs in the 2nd and the Cougars got a FG to tie it back up at 17 to end the half.

In the 2nd half you could see the defensive adjustments both teams made as moving the ball became much more of a chore. WSU would score the only points of the 3rd quarter on an 11 yard TD pass from Halliday to Marks. Moving into the 4th quarter the Huskies had the ball inside the WSU 5 yard line looking to tie the game. They were stuffed on 3rd down and forced to kick a FG to go down 4. The decision paid off as the defense was able to hold WSU to a FG. With 3 minutes to go the Huskies had to get a TD to tie the game. They moved the ball quickly into Cougars territory when faced with 3rd and medium from the 30. When Miles saw the press defense he took the opportunity to burn the Cougars again hitting WR Kasan Williams for a TD over the top of the defense. With the big play, there was still time to move the ball for WSU. They were working the clock trying to set up for a game winning FG, but after moving to the brink of FG range a sack forced them to attempt a hail mary pass that fell incomplete as time expired.

Moving into OT the Cougars won the toss putting UW on defense first. A big run on the first play set them up with 1st and goal. Two plays later Miles kept the ball himself forcing WSU to score a TD. The Cougars wasted no time getting their own TD forcing the 2nd OT. WSU again moved the ball down inside the 5, but after being stuffed from the 1 on 1st and 2nd downs, some bad luck hit the Cougars. After taking the handoff, the HB inexplicably pitched the ball backwards toward the QB. Being in no position to catch it the ball lay still on the 15 yard line waiting to be recovered. Fortunately for WSU Halliday was able to recover, but forced the coach's hand on 4th down having to kick the FG instead of possibly trying a 4th down from the 1. Knowing the games was their's to be won, Miles took no time setting up 1st and goal as he threw a perfect ball into tight coverage. That set up HB Bishop Sankey to get the game winning score on a 3 yard TD.

Great game BRUCE80. Just a back and forth affair all day waiting for someone to get that final break. Looking forward to some more of these games down the road.

UW
    QB Miles 17/23 311 yards, 2 TDs, INT, 8 att, 40 yards, RUSH TD
    HB Sankey 14 att, 71 yards, 2 TDs
    WR Williams 6 rec, 96 yards, TD
    WR Smith 3 rec, 92 yards, TD

WSU
    QB Halliday 20/27 338 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs
    HB Caldwell 22 att, 65 yards, TD
    WR Mayle 6 rec, 109 yards
    WR Marks 4 rec, 82 yards, 2 TDs

• Like Like x 2
  5. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Great recap...Bill. We simply dropped some clutch passes that would have won it in regulation..Mayle on a bomb that should have been caught and maybe was a fumble.. He had it long enough...but would have put us in FG range to win with under a minute left. Then we got to the 40 or so and with one TO left got insta sacked...I mean my LG got beat so fast, I hadn't even looked at a WR yet and that was it before OT.

Mayle being the biggest culprit dropping passes with 3.

We just cant compete in the secondary at times. We have to play off all the time and play zone because 70 overall true Freshman CBs get burned every single time you go into man or zone press...The TD to tie was a cover four zone...I have no idea where my Senior SS was...He should have been over the top of that easy...It was a stupid call by me...we did it maybe five times all game and got beat for four bombs because of it....all on me.

The hurry up is really tough to defend for four qtrs..we dont have that good of starters yet...and when you get into the depth of not very good depth...The Huskies made it look easy at times..

GG Bill.

6. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

BRUCE80 I think we play the in CCG if we advance do u want to play today? Masler what is the advance status?

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

Not sure at the moment, I am at work

8. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

think we could get jello1717 or dakota7 to advance us?