S1W16 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by arlennnn, Oct 27, 2014.

1. arlennnn

arlennnn Walk On

Thought I'd get this week started. The chiefs fought off a relentless Steelers team who came in 11-2 with both teams trying to break 2 game losing streaks. Final score was Chiefs 48 - 31 Steelers.

The chiefs struck first on a 51 yard TD run by Knile Davis who suffered a pulled hamstring on the play and would not come back into the game. Two first half forced fumbles by the chiefs D led to Lagarette Blount's first fumble of the season. Antonio Brown was by and far the best offensive weapon on the field that night however. He ended up with 8 catches for 135 yards and a TD.

In a similar fashion to most of the second half of this season's games the Chiefs defense was determined on making the other team feel their presence, regardless of the outcome of the game. From kick coverage team to my young cornerbacks everyone was getting in on the fun. Turnover differential when the clock struck 0 was chiefs (+5). Chiefs defense shined with 3 TD's on the day.

The second half was the definition of a nail biter but back to back pick sixes by Abdullah and Chris Owens leave the box score as an unreliable indicator of just how close this game was.

Notable Statistics:
    Antonio Brown 8 rec, 135 yards, 1 TD
    Husain Abdullah 6 solo tckls, 1 Forced fumble, 1 Fumble Recovery, 2 deflections, 1 Interception, 1 TD
    Chris Owens 1 tckl, 1 tfl, 1 sack, 1 int, 1 TD
    Travis Kelce 6 rec, 116 yards

Also, I'm not sure how this happened but Madden recorded Joe Mays as having 65534 return yards on his fumble recovery, so there's that.

• Like Like x 5
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  2. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

This was game two between us, only the last game arlennn had the Buccaneers.

I had everything I could ask for, to be down 3 points with 2 minutes left and all three time outs. I had come back from 2 extremely untimely fumbles. I then unceremoniously threw 2 pick sixes. Ouch! Watch out for that late game Chiefs defense, they can capitalize.

If the Chiefs can keep pulling turnovers for scores, and keep their run game healthy, they are going to make a splash in the playoffs.

Also, I don't know what Bowe's stat line was, but he was a difference maker as well.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

upload_2014-10-28_16-35-4.png
    Broncos snap 4 game losing by beating the Bengals 52-24. ​

With interim Head coach John Fox, the Broncos came into the game losers of 4 straight and needed a W to keep their hopes at making the playoffs which seemed inevitable early on in the season.

The game was close early on when Cincy scored on it's first possession thanks largely to AJ Green who finished with 11 rec and 227 yards, the TD drive was capped off by a RB Jeremy Hill 2 yard run. But Manning responded by finding Demaryius "BAY-BAY" Thomas for a 80 yard strike on the first play. Denver would go on to score TDs on 4 of it's next 5 drives running away with this one.

Stats
    Broncos
    Manning 19-20 330 yards 5 TDs 158.3 rating
    Ball 20 carries 114 yards 1 TD
    Demaryius 5 rec 123 yards 2 TDs
    Sanders 5 rec 78 yards 2 TDs
    Roby 1 INT, 1 SCK
    Trevathan 1 INT(TD), 1 SCK

Bengals
    Dalton 29-49 490 yards 2 TDs 4 INT 72.6 rating
    Bernard 15 carries 30 yards
    Green 11 rec 227 yards 2 TDs
    Jones 6 rec 84 yards
    Atkins 1 SCK

Key stat of the game... Manning completing 95% of his throws

It was over when: Trevathan intercepted Dalton and took it back 24 yards to end the half

GG LSUTRUTH, Manning was just on fire.
    Denver will look to clinch the division and the 3rd seed next week vs Troy J. and the Raiders

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

The Browns came into this game a 7 point underdog, according to daddy leagues, against the Carolina Panthers. Predicted score: Browns 18 - Panthers 25. Not too bad DL.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    No return on the kick off, and a two yard run by West, Manziel found a wide open Benjamin for 11 yards before stepping out of bounds. 1st & 10 on CLE 33, West on the pitch play and jukes Harper out of his shoes on the side line and bursting for a 41 yard gain (see below) before finally being run down by Lotulelei, Kuechly made the touch down saving tackle. The panthers get a roughing the passer call and the Browns advance to the 11 yard line. On 3rd & 9, West takes the ball up the middle for what appears to be a first down, the refs however call it 4th and inches. Billy Cundiff kicks the field goal. The Panthers struggled early but managed to get the first down, on the next play Newton is sacked for a 9 yard loss and they weren't able to overcome the deficit to continue their drive. The Browns luck up with another roughing the passer call, being setup on their own 31. Manziel throws deep to an open Travis Benjamin for a 51 yard gain (see below). The Browns were unable to capitalize on the big play, settling for another field goal.

The Panthers come into the 2nd quarter, having their way with the Browns defense before Newton takes the ball for a one yard TD. The Browns fought their way up the field but a sack for the Pantheirs ended their hopes on the CAR 23, Cundiff is good for the 49 yard FG. The Panthers get the easy first down on their first play, but on 2nd & 14 Newton throws a pick to Donte Whitner who can only return it for 7 yards. The Browns fight to the CAR 9, but on 4th down they settle for 4th field goal of the game, this one probably should've been called a delay of game it was so close to ending the half lol but the Browns go into halftime with a 12-7 lead.
    The 3rd quarter belongs to the Panthers, Williams carrying his team all the way to the CLE 30, before having to settle for the FG. Browns lead 12-10. Manziel finds Barnidge for 14 yards, easily picking up the first down, but on the next play throws a pick of his own after trying to go deep to Josh Gordon. Newton gets things going and and finds Dickson for the 6 yard TD, Panthers lead with 1 minute left in the third 12-17.

Early in the 4th quarter, the Browns are forced to punt on 4th down. Williams takes the ball for a 2 yard gain. 2nd & 8 Newton throws across the middle of the field but Craig Robertson snags the ball away and takes it to the house (see below) Browns fail on the 2 PT conversion, Browns lead 18-17. Williams takes the first two snaps, first a 7 yard gain, then getting hit in the back field for a loss of 3. Newton's pass is incomplete to Kelvin Benjamin and the Panthers punt the football. West gets an 18 yard gain and Manziel takes the team the rest of the way up the field before finding Travis Benjamin for a 9 YD TD. Browns lead 25-17 with 5 minutes to go. Newton fights his way back up the field, throwing all over the Browns defense before hitting Kuechly in the end zone. Browns lead 25-23. Panthers try for the onside kick and fail, Cleveland almost runs it back to the house before getting stopped on the CAR 24. A sack and an incomplete pass force the Browns to attempt the 44 YD FG. This time Billy Cundiff chokes, and kicks it wide left, this was my fault I nudged the stick left while kicking. The Panthers try to go deep on three plays, but the Browns secondary wasn't going to allow that to happen. On 4th & 10 Mingo sneaks past the offensive line and sacks Newton. The Browns kneel it out.

Great game Jeff was a lot of fun man! I got scared torwards the end when I choked on that FG lol. Your O-Line killed you man, I was able to come away with 5 sacks that game, and I bet 3-4 of them i got through untouched especially the last one on 4th down.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 3
  5. McStrauss

McStrauss Walk On

Hordan54 Looks like you had a field day with my Jetsies.

6. McStrauss

McStrauss Walk On

God damn. Is this the first perfect game a QB has had in this league?

7. Hordan54

Hordan54 Walk On

I used supersim for a bunch of the game and they got me a pick a six and a couple other turnovers.

Quick summary. Internet problems again :(

We played about 3 first half's but kept getting disconnected. Each game I was getting healthy leads so Mcstrauss allowed me to play the CPU.

8. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

I watched the Mozaaik and Jeff game, and man - it was fun. It was like watching a playoff game. Great competition.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

Thanks for tuning in man! Glad you enjoyed the game, looking forward to playing the Steelers in season 3.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jeff

Jeff Walk On

Yeah man it was fun as hell to play. A couple of mistakes by me cost me a shot at the playoffs but I'll just need to learn from that.

• Like Like x 3