S1W2 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mozaaik, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

Since people are playing games tonight, I figured I'd post this place holder for the week 2 summaries.

Good luck everyone!

• Like Like x 1
  2. dubblechzburger

dubblechzburger Walk On

Just lost on a pick 6 with a minute left. Ouch.

• Like Like x 2
  3. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

[​IMG]

In a barnburner matchup that came down to the final 20 seconds of the game to decide a winner, I don't feel like I can describe this game well enough to do it justice. A combined 11 turnovers including 5 Matt Ryan interceptions and 3 from Dalton. The play of the game without question was 2nd (maybe 3rd) and goal. Matt Ryan drops back with 30 seconds left in the game throws the ball and its intercepted for the 6th time of the game.... but wait. There was a roughing the passer flag thrown giving the Falcons a second chance. The next play a 4 yard td pass to TE Levine Toilolo with 20 seconds left. With little time to spare Dalton trying to make something happen throws his 3rd and final interception to Trufant with 1 second left.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was an exciting game.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Cheifs loses a tough one on the road 38-24 to Automatik the game was epic tho and I cant wait to read the summary . Dropped wayyyy to many easy picks in this one.

5. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

upload_2014-9-14_23-15-40.png

For the second straight week, Manning and the Broncos offense shines and hold on for a huge win vs a division rival.

Peyton Manning was 18-26 for 358 yards and 3 TDs, and off season acquisition Emmanuel Sanders whom Denver practically stole from KC caught 6 of those passes for 246 yards more on him later.

Denver stormed out of the gate with a 5 play 78 yard drive capped off by an incredible 67 yard fluky catch by Sanders who stole the ball over FS Abdullah. Both teams had their next drives stall in the quarter. 7-0 Denver

The second quarter had the Broncos marching into Chiefs territory. Undrafted FA rookie Juwan Thompson found the endzone untouched to give his team an early 14-0 lead. A couple of nice runs(18 and 42) by running sensation Jamaal Charles had the Chiefs inside the Broncos red zone. That's were Denver's defense would step up, holding the Chiefs to a 19 yard FG. Coach ZCar352 decided to turn up the heat on Manning, as his defense would sack the signal caller twice giving his team a shot at points before the half. Alex Smith would complete 4 straight passes on the drive, including a TD strike to WR Robert Woods who made a ridiculous one handed catch in traffic.
    upload_2014-9-15_0-11-43.png 14-10 Denver

After a Chiefs four and out, Denver marched down the field but this time the drive ended with a Matt Prater 31 yard FG to give the Broncos a 17-10 lead. Jamaal Charles did Jamaal Charles things as he embarrassed defenders on his way to a 72 yard score to tie the game up at 17.
    Manning tightened his extra large helmet and found his TE Julius Thomas for a gain of 23 that led Denver inside the Chiefs red zone. Three straight runs later, Montee Ball found the endzone for his only score of the day. 24-17 Denver

A Kansas City three out gave Denver the ball on their own 15 yard line. Manning would find Sanders streaking down the sideline, the speedy WR would spin out of a would be tackler for a 85 yard TD. The Chiefs waste little time going 73 yards on just 4 plays, including a nice 36 yard TD by Charles who made two defenders look silly on the play. Not to be undone, Manning answered with a quick touchdown scoring drive of his own going 80 yards on 5 plays. Sanders got enough separation from the safety and Manning threw it where only his receiver could get it and Sanders did the rest simply outrunning the defense on his way to his 3rd TD on the day.
    KC had a chance late but a Chris Harris INT(3rd of the season) sealed it for Denver.

Stats of the game

Broncos
    Manning 18-26 358 yards 3 TDs, 150.2 rating
    Ball 24 carries 119 yards, 1 TD
    Sanders 6 rec 246 yards 3 TDs
    Demaryius Thomas 4 rec 37 yards
    Von Miller 1 SCK
    Chris Harris 1 INT

Chiefs
    Smith 17-27 189 yards 1 TD, 1INT, 80.6 rating
    Charles 16 carries 204 yards, 2 TDs
    Bowe 7 rec 97 yards
    Woods 3 rec 20 yards, 1 TD
    Hali 1 SCK
    Chiefs secondary numerous deflections

Key Stat of the game: 8-12(66%) on 3rd down Denver

It was over when... Chris Harris picked off Smith in the RZ with under 2min left

GG ZCar352, too many dropped INTs for you. Looking forward to our rivalry.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
  6. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

That catch by Robert Woods was awesome I honestly didn't think he would hang on to it but glad he did and we are gonna be working on softening up my defense's stone hands after that many dropped INT's. Great Game again and I look forward to your visit to Arrowhead down the road.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

Arizona beats The Giants 41-35.

It started with both the Giants and Cardinals scoring on their first 2 drives. 14-14.

Rashad Jennings was a monster carrying the ball. he had over 100 yards on 10 carries.

That's when I decided to pass, because it's a SIM league.

Interception.

Luckily, I keep The Cardinals to a field goal.

As I get the ball back again, I have Victor Cruz run a post. Eli throws it to Cruz way before his break because he was open. Well, Eli decided to completely miss him, and throw another interception. This started the downward spiral.

Arizona scored. Eli couldn't hit a thing. Literally. He had a wide open WR and no pressure and he missed by 10 yards. He did that for 3 drives I think.

Meanwhile, Arizona kept scoring and scoring. It was 41-14 at some point I think.

Eli decides to get his shit together, and combined with Arizona not trying to score anymore, closes the gap and makes it 41-35 with about 20 seconds to go.

Giants go for the onside kick, and Larry Fitzgerald makes a great leaping catch and secures the ball. Game over.

Here's some stats:

Offense:

Eli Manning: 22-39 292 yds. 3 TD 2 INT

Rashad Jennings: 14 carries for 131 yds. 1 TD

Andre Williams: 1 carry for 2 yds. 1 TD

Rob Housler: 6 rec. for 59 yds.

Reuben Randle: 4 rec. for 64 yds.

Odell Beckham Jr.: 4 rec. for 32 yds.

Victor Cruz: 3 rec. for 40 yds. 1 TD

Corey Washington: 2 rec. for 69 yds. 2 TD

Defense:

Da'Monster Moore: 2 tackles 1 sack

Stevie Brown: 11 tackles

Corey Washington had a peculiar day, as did Eli.

Washington got targeted a few times early, but could never hang onto the ball. As the Giants were rallying a comeback, he made a great catch into double coverage and took it over 50 yards to the house. His other catch was a post in the endzone which he caught with a defender all over him. He has been fantastic so far, and leads the Giants in TD's.

Eli started out meh. He didn't have the best stats. Low yardage; low completion percentage. But then he couldn't hit anything. And I mean anything. Ask TheNathanHolmes. It was ridiculous. The Giants most likely wouldn't have needed that comeback if Eli hadn't shit the bed there.

However, he did come back at the end, and almost pulled it out. He was making perfect throws to receivers. The ones to Corey Washington were just perfect. That wasn't enough, though. Eli cannot have another performance like that.

• Like Like x 3
  8. TheNathanHolmes

TheNathanHolmes Walk On

It's true. Eli missed some easy passes that literally anyone would make, one after another. If he would've gotten even half of the passes that ended up being thrown out of the stadium, it would've been a much closer game and I wouldn't have brought in my backups.

9. RFF

RFF Walk On

Ahhhh, Madden 15's accuracy RNG gods.

10. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

It was sooooooooo frustrating. He literally missed by so much it wasn't even funny. I could've been more accurate.

And then to turn around and do amazingly after that? Just baffling.

11. RFF

RFF Walk On

I know the feels. Stafford, week 1.

12. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

Haha, yeah, I forgot about that.

It wasn't like that, though, where it was just wrong throws and flukes. Eli was just really, really inaccurate.

13. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

QB accuracy I believe is currently set at 40 - that is why EJ Manuel looked like Uncle Rico out there and would explain any sort of "hey why did my QB suck issues"

14. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

We raising qb accuracy or no?
    If it was as bad as yall say I would agree it needs a raise

Also Keller the napoleon dynamite reference was much appreciated lol

15. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'll evaluate stats after week 2 and make more adjustments however given the qb/offensive stats, i don't expect uncle Rico days to go away..... Especially for bad qbs like Manuel

• Like Like x 1
  16. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

That Eli situation was definitely weird. He kissed EVERYTHING, and then made perfect passes.

It's just inconsistent.

17. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

I can honestly say I haven't had any of the same experiences.

Romo throws a bad ball every now and then but nothing to outrageous

18. RFF

RFF Walk On

I don't have a huge issue with lower accuracy as it's more realistic--but the downside, and there's no way around it given the mechancis of M15, is that you're at the mercy of RNG.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

[​IMG]
    What started off as a fun defensive battle, turned dark for the Browns in Week 2. After a scoreless first half, the Browns managed to finally make it into the red zone, on 3rd & 1 on NO 17 Manziel throws his first pick of the game which is returned for only 4 YDs by Lewis. The Saints only make it to the NO 24 before their drive ends. Manziel hits Dray for a 5 YD gain, then on the net play Hawthorne steps into the play and picks Manziel off. On 3rd and 4 Brees finds Colston for a 12 YD TD, making the first score of the game with 6:49 before the half. Si minutes and five seconds later Brees finds Graham on a 9 YD TD. The game will go to half time, score 14-0...

Scoreless 3rd quarter until the Saints reach the 5 YD line, looking to go up by three scores. Brees drops back to throw a quick HB screen before getting sacked hard and fumbling the football... Rubin will scoop up the fumble and return it all the way before diving into the end zone, completely drained, Browns make their first score of the game 14-7. Before the third quarter comes to a close, Ingram finds his way into the endzone on a 2 YD rush. On 3rd and 6, Cleveland gets lucky with a face masking call to get the first down for this struggling offense. On the first play of the second half, Manziel throws a third pick on their 44 YD line, this time Galette will return it all the way for a TD. After the Browns fail to go anywhere on their series, Manziel fumbles the football on their 49 YD line, recovered by Galette for 13 YDs, on the net play the Browns commit to the run and Brees finds a wide open Meachem for a 35 YD TD. Less than two minutes later, Manziel is finally able to fire an accurate pass, hit Josh Gordon on a streak route for 51 YDs. Before the game can come to a close, Manziel has to throw one more pick this time by White. The Browns fail on defense before stopping the Saints on the 9 YD line and Graham connecting on an easy 26 YD FG.

PLAY OF THE GAME

OFFENSE STATS
    [​IMG]

DEFENSE STATS
    [​IMG]

PASSING STATS
    [​IMG]

RECEIVING STATS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RUSHING STATS
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  20. Hordan54

Hordan54 Walk On

This game was the ultimate defensive struggle. The score was 6-6 with 1 minute left in the fourth quarter just before the pick 6 happened. Even after Patriots went up 13-6, dubblechzburger roars down the field in about 40 seconds to the ~6 yard line, but the clock expires just before he can get the final play off.

The Patriots had <200 yards of offense in the game, yet held the Vikings to a similar amount and shut them down in the red zone. Out 8 plays run within the 5 yard line, only 3 points were scored.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Victorias5ecret

Victorias5ecret Walk On

Good game, Mozaaik. It was a better game than the score lets on. I learned a few things. Once Johnny Football can find his rhythm and get the ball to his receivers (instead of mine), the Browns will be a team to be reckoned with.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

Haha yeah fricken Manziel man... Is it too late to make Hoyer the started Haha. I've gotta work on not forcing passes, and letting routes develop longer, I think a couple could've been avoided, especially that last fumble. It was a good game, wish it would've stayed how it was in the first, Haden has really been letting me down.

• Like Like x 1
  23. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

I'm just waitin for manziel to hit the trade block ;)

• Like Like x 1
  24. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

Lol, the Browns new head coach has strict rules on trading with the Cowboys. :p

Haha wait a couple of years, he'll be there lol.

• Like Like x 2
  25. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

Lmao why would you not send johnny football to jerry world. It's a perfect fit

No trades with the cowboys? Harsh man....lol