S1W2

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Masler, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Experience

Here.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]

The Ole Miss defense sacked Connor Shaw 7 times
    Ole Miss - 16

#8 South Carolina - 7

Conditions were sloppy in Columbia this afternoon and it caused problems for the home team. QB Shaw had very little time in the pocket a good majority of the day as the defense was in his face more than what he wanted, seven times it ended in a sack. Not to mention the numerous times he just tried to take off and extend the play, gaining only a yard or two. In the end Shaw was left with 8 yards rushing on 14 attempts. The Gamecocks could have had way more success if they gave the ball to Wilds more as he was averaging 5.7 YPC but Shaw kept trying to throw it downfield and only once did the coverage get beat and by then it was all but too late. On the other side the Rebels played pretty poorly in the passing game with Wallace getting picked twice, no touchdowns and barely over 100 yards passing. Luckily Jeff Scott was there to pick up the slack and score both offensive TDs on the day (and I shanked a PAT again :banghead:).

Ole Miss steals one away from a Top Ten team just a week after losing by 4 points to another top ten. Up next is a trip out the desert to face Arizona.

Stats

B. Wallace - 13/20, 110 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT
    J. Scott - 25 Att, 115 yards, 4.6 YPC, 2 TD
    D. Moncrief - 6 Rec, 62 yards
    M. Marry - 7 Tackles, 1 TFL, 1 FF
    C. Johnson - 7 Tackles, 3 TFL, 2 Sacks
    I. Gross - 3 Tackles, 3 TFL, 3 Sacks, FF
    R. Nkemdiche - 1 Tackle, 1 TFL, 1 FR
    L. King - 2 Tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Defl, 1 FF

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

[​IMG]53
    [​IMG]45
    Triple OT

Another week, another crazy, stressful, action packed game.

Cal threw a pick 6 on their 1st drive. They fumbled away the ball deep in their own territory on their 2nd drive. After the smoke cleared they were down 17-7 after 1 and ended up playing catch up the entire game. Kline's 2nd INT to start the 2nd led to Missouri building a 17 point lead. However Cal would cut the lead to 10 with 18s left in the half. There was so little time left because Cal chewed the hell out of the clock before scoring a late TD. Missouri still wanted to make the most of that 18s though so they came out passing. After 2 incompletions there was still 10s left. Still being greedy Franklin threw his first (and only) INT of the game and it was returned 12 yards which was far enough for Cal to get a 48 yard FG as the clock ran out, giving Cal only a 7 point deficit.

Both Ds flexed to pitch a shutout 3rd quarter as the Tigers took their 7 point lead into the 4th. Cal struck early in the 4th on Kline's 2nd 45+ yard TD pass to knot the game up at 24-24 with 6:12 still remaining. Missouri then went on a potential winning 10 play, 4 minute TD drive to regain their lead with only 2:15 remaining. This was plenty of time, however for Cal to put together a TD drive, once again chewing away the clock at the end to score with only 23s left. Having learned their lesson with their INT at the end of the 1st half the Tigers took a knee and sent the game to OT.

Both defenses decided that 4 quarters was more than enough time to give maximum effort so they both took the extra periods off. Cal scored a TD which was answered by Mizzou and then the Tigers scored a TD which Cal answered. Cal scored another TD to start the 3rd OT and then HB Lasco punched it in (well stumbled it in) for the 2pt conversion, really putting the pressure on the Tigers. This pressure must've gotten to their QB Franklin because this was the first play of their final drive:

Cal overcame a terrible start and came back from a 17 point deficit to escape this game with a win. Great game Fmode11. That was definitely one of my most tense games this release.

Game Balls:
    Cal:
    HB#3 Darren Ervin - 7 car, 29 yds (4.1 YPC), 3 TD
    WR Bryce Treggs - 8 rec, 179 yds, TD
    WR Maurice Harris - 6 rec, 91 yds, TD

Missouri:
    QB James Franklin - 203.9, 15/22 (68%), 183 yds, 5 TD, 1 INT
    WR DGB - 6 rec, 81 yds, 3 TD

upload_2013-10-27_10-47-26.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

So I see the OLB drop back showing he's playing zone. So I'm know the first read will get the bite and I can pull the ball in and take off with Franklin I tell myself, DON'T PITCH THE BALL. Take the 5-10 yards and keep moving the chains. Then the nerves exploded and I inexplicably pitch to a man being tackled. Then off course I run over the ball with Franklin and he doesn't pick it up :grumpy:

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I can't count how many times I've turned the ball over immediately after telling myself "don't pitch it unless your 100% sure!" or my usual "the only thing that matters here is that we don't turn it over."

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Aka the panic pitch. Why I don't run triple options anymore. Got the bullshit Call of Duty/Halo trigger fingers. Looks like a hell of a game

7. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

ranks.png
    This week 2 match up featured two evenly matched squads for a early SEC showdown in Mississippi. Defenses would be tested and the rain would be a factor but in the end one teams dominating defense would be the deciding factor……. Vandy began with a thrown interception on their second play from scrimmage. Russell and the Bulldogs answered with a pick of their own on their opening drive. Both offenses came to the game "late" as the first four possessions where 2 punts and 2 int’s for both squads the crowd had to wait til the second qtr for some points.

Mississippi took momentum gained towards the end of the first quarter and turned it into 6 as the bulldogs completed a 14 play drive highlighted by two huge third down catches by Joe Marrow. Ladarious Perkins was able to punch it in at the end for the touchdown. Mississippi states defense put the clamps on Vandy blanking them in the first half giving them a 10-0 headed into the locker room.

In the third things began to take shape for the Bulldogs. In just their third play from scrimmage Ladarious Perkins took the rock up the middle, on what seemed like a broken play, at first he was thrown backwards then he was able to turn it up field for big play all the way to the end zone. The Vandy offense would face an even more fierce Bulldog D then in the first half. They seemed to be in the right place at the right time, Vandy QB Patton Robinette, was harassed most of the game and was forced into several bad situations that lead to turnovers.

After two TD’s in the third quarter Miss St. switched to conservative in order to hold the lead. Vandy’s defense made sure that the dawgs big plays were done for the day; it was their offense that fell short. I’m sure Vandy coach NeuroticTruth would like to have this one back. GG man.

POG.png stats.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Boise State 11
    Washington 24

The Huskies hosted the Broncos of Boise State in their home opener under their new coach. After a loss to open the season on the road, the offense wanted to become more balanced and the defense wanted to limit big plays. To open the game the UW saw the Broncos march right down the field in just a few plays, but a big 3rd down would force a FG miss and the game would remain scoreless throughout the first. The Huskies opened things up in the 2ndwith 2 TDs, the last coming with just 10 seconds left before the half, giving them a 14-0 lead. Boise would break up the shutout in the 3rd with a FG, and cut it to a 10 point game late in the 4th with their first TD and a 2-point conversion. But the UW offense stuck with their balanced attacked and it paid off grabbing some big 1st downs before kicking a FG on 4th down to wrap up the game.

QB Price 19/25 243 yards, 2 TDs, INT
    HB Callier 14 att, 43 yards, TD
    TE Jenkins 5 rec, 114 yards, TD

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Tennessee 31
    Arkansas 20

The Vols knocked off the Razorbacks, who were missing their coach. Tennesse used a balanced attack and Rajion Neal scored 3 touchdowns.