S1W3 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by integra14, Sep 17, 2014.

1. integra14

integra14 Walk On

You know the drill

2. integra14

integra14 Walk On

You know what, I'm so pissed at myself right now, I can't begin to write up anything. Automatik just kicked my ass in all three phases of our game. My players fought me all the way. So many dropped passes and bad throws by Wilson. Too many people dropping out of their zones, and no one getting passed Denvers O-line. gahhhhhhh. I did not expect to start the season 1-2.

I always thought I was pretty good at offense, but Automatik is just really, really good at defense.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

You held my passing attack to under 300 yards and I couldn't do jack on the ground. I think the heavy rain played a factor in the errant throws.

4. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

upload_2014-9-17_22-37-45.png

People have been telling me this is rematch of Super Bowl 48, this is the first I've heard time of Super Bowl 48. I`m still waiting for the Broncos to show up for the game.

Manning was his efficient self in this one, completing 74 % of his passes for 294 yards and 2 TDs. The Broncos run game was nowhere to be seen as Seattle's LOB held Montee and co to just 72 yards on 25 carries.

The high octane offense got off to a fast start by converting their first two 3rd and long of the game, but Seattle`s defense held it's ground forcing Denver to kick a 33 yard FG. Both teams would go three and out on their following drives. 3-0 Denver

To start the 2nd Quarter, Russell Wilson went deep to his WR Kearse who out jumped 1st rookie Bradley Roby for a 24 yard gain to set the Seahawks inside Broncos territory. A healthy Percy Harvin is a major headache for opposing defenses, and coach integra14 took full advantage of by calling Harvin's number on the very next play: a 30 yard TD that had Harvin break a tackle on his way to a 7-3 lead. On the very next drive, Manning made his only mistake of the game by trying to lob a pass to his TE Julius Thomas but CB Simon had other plans picking it off and returning to the Denver 43 yard line. Seattle had a chance to capitalize on the miscue but where unable to pick up a 1st down which led to a Hauschka 51 yard FG attempt that was just short. Manning marched down the field but the drive stalled in the red zone for the 2nd time on the day. 7-6 Seattle
    Wilson threw his 1st of two INTs of the game late in the half, an ill advise throw into triple coverage. With 51 secs left Manning wasted little time finding his rookie WR Latimer for a 41 yard gain and then his #1 Bay-Bay Thomas for a 14 yard TD to give his team their first lead of the game. 13-7

The 3rd quarter was pretty uneventful other than a TD by off the street Free Agent RB Seastrunk. 20-7 Denver

Wilson started the 4th hot, completting 4 straight passes on the drive. But it was his workhorse RB Marshawn Lynch who capped off the drive with a nice 15 yard run up the gut to cut the lead to 20-14. Last week's hero Emanuel Sanders broke the 12th man hearts on the ver y next drive by beating SS Chancellor for a 56 yard TD to give Denver a two TD lead. Two 4th quarter FG put this one to bed as Denver avenges last year embarrassing Super Bowl loss by beating the Seahawks on the road 34-14

Stats of the game
    Broncos
    Manning 20-27 294 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT 11
    Seastrunk 8 carries 54 yards 1 TD
    Ball 17 carries 20 yards:eek:
    Demaryius 10 rec 108 yards 1 TD
    Sanders 4 rec 123 yards 1 TD
    Von 1 SCK
    Talib 1 INT 1 FR

Seahawks
    Wilson 25-48 306 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTS
    Lynch 20 carries 55 yards 1 TD
    Kearse 8 rec 100 yards
    Harvin 8 rec 93 yards 1 TD
    Bennett 3 TFL 1 SCK
    Thomas III 8 TCKs

Key stat of the game... Denver holding Seattle to 60 yards on the ground

It was over when... TJ Ward forced a fumble and Talib recovered after Denver took a 28-14 lead

GG integra14, that D-line of yours is no joke. Good luck the rest of the season.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TheNathanHolmes

TheNathanHolmes Walk On

I'm not gonna do a huge write up, but man that was intense.

San Francisco @ Arizona. Close game the whole way. SF was up by 10 at one point and in the final seconds (0:14 and counting) I ran a hurry up on 4th down with no timeouts at the 1 yardline, down 27-30. I tried to make my own team false start to just kick the field goal and send it to overtime BUT MY LINE WOULDN'T JUMP, so I had to run the play. Draw play from the shotgun and Ellington straight up the middle for a touchdown.

34-30 Final.

Arizona Cardinals 3-0, baby!

Here are some final stats.
    Arizona total offensive yards: 497
    San Francisco total offensive yards: 356
    TOP: SF-23:04 vs ARI-24:56

ARI: C. Palmer - 118.0 rating - 25/34 - 386 yards - 2 touchdowns - 1 interception - sacked 1 time
    SF: C. Kaepernick - 127.0 rating - 18/24 - 319 - 2 touchdowns - 1 interception - sacked 6 times

ARI: A. Ellington - 26 attempts - 110 yards - 4.2 avg - 2 touchdowns
    SF: F. Gore - 14 attempts - 58 yards - 4.1 avg - 1 touchdown
    SF: C. Hyde - 4 attempts - 17 yards - 4.3 avg
    ARI: S. Taylor - 1 attempt - 10 yards - 10 avg

ARI: L. Fitzgerald - 11 catches - 236 yards - 2 touchdowns
    ARI: T. Niklas - 7 catches - 64 yards
    SF: V. Davis - 7 catches - 119 yards - 1 touchdown
    SF: M. Crabtree - 5 catches - 115 yards

SF: P. Dawson - 3/3 - 53 longest
    ARI: D. Akers - 2/2 - 44 longest

SF: B. Ellington - 84 yard kickoff return - 181 total kr yards - 5 attempts
    ARI: T. Ginn - 55 yard kickoff return - 160 total kr yards - 6 attempts

• Like Like x 1
  6. integra14

integra14 Walk On

So both of last years NFC West's powerhouses (my Seahawks and LemonLie-m 49ers) are 1-2 where as TheNathanHolmes is 3-0. Rams haven't played week 3 yet. Its still early, but it looks like there might be a changing of the guard in the NFC West.

Well.....I have an early week 4 bye. Can't loose that at least.

• Like Like x 4
  7. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

This game sounds intense! Wish I had watched this!

8. Hordan54

Hordan54 Walk On

Raiders @ Patriots

The Patriots came out strong in their home opener winning 23-16. The game was not quite as close as the score indicates however.

Oakland started the game with MJD busting a 50 yard run, and scored a TD on the drive. The patriots responded with a field goal the following drive.

Oakland struggled on offense the rest of the half throwing 2 interceptions and not converting a single third down.

Score at half 23-7 Patriots.

Oakland fought in the second half while the Patriots struggled to convert 3rd downs, but was unable to score TDs and had to settle for just 3 field goals.

Key stat: Oakland 0-8 3rd down conversions

The patriots defense looks to among the league's best but the offense continues to struggle, especially running the ball. In his first start Shane Vareen rushed 14 times for 13 yards.

9. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

Giants lost. Again.

Too embarrassed to write a summary, at least right now.

10. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

Houston 38 - Giants 27

The Texans started the game by trying to run Foster but G-men weren't having that. Houston was able to march down the field and hit Plaxico Burress for a TD. Next drive the real Eli showed up throwing a Pick-6 INT to Brian Cushing. NY answered with a FG.

Second quarter it got out of hand with 17 unanswered points by Houston. The back breaker play was Jared Crick causing Eli to fumble (first of two) and JJ Watt with the scoop and score.

Halftime 31-3

Second half saw a different story. Houston stepped off the gas pedal running a cover 2 man almost completely the 2nd half. The Texans were only able to generate 7 pts to New York's 24. In the end the difference in the game was Houston's two Defensive TDs.

Stats:

Fitzpatrick
    127.2 QB Rating
    15/22 201 yds 2/0
    Foster
    22 car 73 yds 1 TD
    Johnson
    5 rec 81 yds 1 TD
    Defense
    6 sacks, 2 FF, 1 FR, 1 INT, 2 TD

Manning
    98.4 QB Rating
    26/46 404 yds 3/1
    Jennings
    9 car 13 yds 0 TD
    Housler
    7 rec 115 yds 1 TD
    Cruz
    6 rec 80 yds 2 TD
    Defense
    2 sacks

11. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

God, I love Housler.

God, I hate my offensive line.

Eli's confidence dropped to 37 or something after this game.

12. TheNathanHolmes

TheNathanHolmes Walk On

Masterfocker yay Housler! Paysinger has already been passed in rating by Okafor who is only 23 so this trade did nothing except add depth.

Also integra14 we've both got week 4 bye so I'll be heading into week 5 undefeated ;) although I have to go into Denver so I'm not expecting the streak to continue.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Kansas City 31
    Miami 24

Kansas City traveled to Miami to face the Dolphins in there week 3 match up after a disappointing loss in week 2 to Denver. The first half flew by as the Chiefs kept it on the ground and Miami was able to complete a high percentage of passes but both teams went into the half tied at 14. The second half saw much of the same as KC was keeping the ball on the ground and had to make an early decision on a 4th and goal from the half yard line but chose to take the points to go up 17-14. After back to back three and outs Miami was able to get in the endzone and take the lead early in the 4th 21-17. The Chiefs would put together an outstanding drive in which it saw Alex Smith get injured and in came back up Chase Daniel who would connect with Robert Woods to take the lead back with just over 2:30 left in the game 24-21. Miami marched down the field but stalled out and took the field goal with :40 left to tie the game and it looked as though they were headed for OT...nope on the ensuing kick off Knile Davis hit a hole and got tackled just past midfield. The first play for KC was a curl route to Bowe trying to just get in better range for a field goal but Bowe stiff armed/slung his corner to the ground and rumbled 40 yards for the touchdown and the win. Great game DadiBlanki again and goodluck with the rest of your season.

Alex Smith 12-17 208 Yards 2 TD 1 INT
    Chase Daniel 6-6 98 Yards 2 TD
    Jamaal Charles 24 Att 104 Yards
    Dwayne Bowe 6 Rec 141 Yards 2 TD
    Robert Woods 7 Rec 106 Yards 1 TD
    Brandon Spikes 4 Tackles 1 INT

Ryan Tannehill 25-36 382 Yards 2 TD 2 INT
    Knowshon Moreno 10 Att 12 Yards 1 TD
    Brian Hartline 6 Rec 110 Yards 1 TD
    Mike Wallace 4 Rec 146 Yards 1 TD
    Koa Misi 6 Tackles 1 INT

• Like Like x 3
  14. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

Close game but the Ravens pull it off in the fourth quarter behind Ray Rice. Manziel had his first turn over free game but that didn't stop the offense from dropping passes and fumbling the ball.

I'll post everything later, Browns start off 0-3. Bye week next week.

Story of the game: Browns force a safety on the Ravens in the fourth quarter. Browns push up the field until Manziel throws to a wide Cameron in the end zone, when Browns Barnidge jumps and snags the ball away in double coverage and falling for a loss of two. Browns tie the game with a field goal and the Ravens drain the clock behind Flacco and rice to score the final touchdown with 30 seconds left.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  15. RFF

RFF Walk On

Lions 44 - Packers 10

Everything seemed to go right for the Lions--just one of those days. Matthew Stafford showed none of his early-season inaccuracy, as his throws were precise and well-timed all day. Reggie Bush notched over 100 yards on the ground.

Both teams traded scores through the first 1.5 quarters, with Detroit holding onto a 14-10 lead. A two-minute drill TD just as the half expired gave them the 21-10 lead. Green Bay was without Aaron Rodgers, who's expected to miss the next 3 weeks, and today showed how important he is to their offense. Jordy Nelson & Cobb were getting separation, but Matt Flynn is no Rodgers.

Late in the 3rd quarter, Detroit went up 31-10 and ran out the clock the rest of the way. Flynn threw 2-3 INTs in Green Bay territory late in the game that led to some late-game garbage points for the Lions.

Lions have been very inconsistent this season thus far, but this was certainly a big division win against a team that will be scary once again when Rodgers heals up.

• Like Like x 3