S1W4 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Coachmedicis, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

Week 4

2. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

Vikings pull off a MIRACLE

Down 28-3 and with your best player benched indefinitely, most teams start to throw in the towel. But what happened tonight goes up there with the famous Bills comeback against the Oilers. After struggling for most of the game, Teddy Bridgewater got hot and started connecting on pass after pass. And score after score, the Bills slowly made their way back. The 3 interceptions he threw early on didn't fase the rookie as he chucked the ball all over the place. He ended up connecting with 9 different receivers for the game, often on huge 3rd down situations.

With the vikings slowly driving down the field, and timing running out, Bridgewater hit Kyle Rudolph Taliaferro for the 7 yard TD. The 2 pt conversion was good and the Vikings still trailed 28-20. With 3 timeouts and 2:21 left on the clock, the Vikings came out to kick the ball deep, while Atlanta came out to defend the onside kick. Even after seeing the Vikings in Kickoff position, the falcons stayed in onside set up. And then the game turned....as Devin Hester fumbled the ensuing kickoff. On the next play, Bridgewater hit Rudolph for a 19 yard Td to cut the lead to 28-26 with still 2:14 left on the clock. Again, the Vikings were forced to go for 2, but this time the ball hit Patterson in the helmet and fell to the ground. Falcons still lead 28-26.

Again, with 3 timeouts and the 2 min warning, Vikings decide to kick off. This time the Falcons were ready. Except, again, Devin Hester fumbles on the kickoff with the Vikings recovering again!!!! After centering the ball and taking some time off the clock, as well as all 3 of the Falcons time outs, Blair Walsh calmly nailed a 20 yard FG with 34 seconds left to give the Vikings the lead for the first time all game. Matt Ryan was then picked off going deep to Julio, by Captain Munnerlyn and the Vikings steal a huge win at home against the Falcons.

Great game greatnessdc You dominated the first 3 quarters, I stole one in the end. You took away my ball control offense and turned me one dimensional. I caught some crazy breaks at the end. I'm still shocked. Wow, what a finish!

• Like Like x 5
  3. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

Crazy comeback man, congrats.

4. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

craziest game i've ever played. I've never seen anything like it. Feel bad for Falcons guy...he dominated me for 3 q and i got a couple lucky breaks and stole one.

5. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Jacksonville 27
    San Diego 7

After leaving the Chiefs this week to take the vacated Jaguars job coach Carder led the Jags to a impressive win over San Diego where Jacksonville led from start to finish. The defense was key for the Jags as they forced Rivers to throw 3 Ints and frustrated the Charger offense all game. The Chargers tacked on a TD late to erase the shutout but it is a very good win for the now 1-3 Jags. Good game again Sterling Monroe9

Blake Bortles 11-17 155 Yards 1 TD 1 INT
    Fred Jackson 22 Att 87 Yards 1 TD
    Allen Robinson 4 Rec 51 Yards 1 TD
    Alan Ball 2 INT 1 TD

Phillip Rivers 22-46 277 Yards 3 INT
    Danny Woodhead 16 Att 52 Yards, Donald Brown 1 Att 2 yards 1 TD
    Keenan Allen 7 Rec 95 Yards
    Melvin Ingram 3 Sacks

• Like Like x 3
  6. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

Houston 41
    Buffalo 31

This was a game where, once again, it was the Texans defense that stole the show and saved the game.

Started with the Bills throwing an INT on the first pass of the game. Houston quickly turned in the TD. Second drive was once again stopped by an INT. Houston converted into another TD.

Buffalo started to find the fight. Halftime score was Buffalo behind 24-10.

Second half was a different story. Buffalo committed to the run and Houston really struggled to stop it. Bills climbed back into the game making the score 31-24 late 4th quarter.
    Houston came out on offense looking to seal the game. Bills had other plans, forcing the Texans to punt on the ensuing drive, working towards the tie, Manuel threw the game sealing pick 6 to Jonathan Joseph.

Buffalo was able to score but couldn't recover the onside kick. Houston tacked on a FG to end the game.

MVP is Andre Johnson with 3 TDs and over 150 yds.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The real story was the Houston DBs. I dont remember one of the interceptions but on two of the others they made great plays and were breaking on passes (including others that weren't intercepted.) I tried some of the underneath coverages and shading but just did not have the same success you did. I got my hands on quite a few passes, a few of which should have been user picks but I came up empty handed. To me the game ball goes to those guys.

GG Brian - hopefully I'll get another shot at you come playoff time but I've got a lot to work on in the meantime.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dubblechzburger

dubblechzburger Walk On

Packers vs. Bears
    [​IMG]
    The Packers and Bears both came into the week with very unusual circumstances. Both Mike McCarthy and Marc Trestman retired midseason after week 3 leaving both teams in a major bind. The Packers managed to pry dubblechzburger away from the Vikings while GDip left a solid Bengals team for another solid Bears team. There was a lot of buzz and excitement heading in but unfortunately for the fans, the game did not live up to the hype. The Bears defensive line just could not handle the rushing attack of the Packers. This worked perfectly for Green Bay as they were without star quarterback Aaron Rodgers yet again so they needed to rely on Lacy which they did. Lacy ripped off rush after rush for 4 to 6 yard chunks at a time. Mixed in with the occasional play action, Flynn provided an effective enough passing attack to give Green Bay the first touchdown on a corner route to tight end Andrew Quarless. After forcing the Bears to punt, it was another healthy dose of Lacy resulting in a long drive ultimately topped off with a John Kuhn touchdown. The Bears were in a bind as the rushing attack was working but with the score starting to get out of hand they had to start turning to Cutler who was just off. Cutler struggled to hit receivers and the receivers were plagued with a couple drops when Cutler did deliver. This led to an interception and good field position for a Lacy touchdown making the game 21-0. After forcing a punt, Randall Cobb found a hole in the punt return coverage and got in open space. With two defenders to beat, Cobb hit a beautiful spin move to get by them and score with less than two minutes in the half. The 2nd half was a slower paced game as Green Bay continued to run and wear out the clock. Lacy and the rest of the starters on offense were pulled from the game up 31-0 with a few minutes left in the 3rd quarter to avoid injury after starting SS Ha-Ha Clinton Dix suffered a serious shoulder injury. Dix suffered a minor injury earlier in the quarter and the staff decided to keep him out but Dix wanted to finish the game and snuck back in only to suffer the serious injury on a tackle. The 4th quarter saw Chicago avoid the shut out by getting a field goal and saw a lot of rushing attempts as both teams were in a hurry to leave the stadium.

Team Offensive Stats (GB left Chicago right)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Team Defenses
    [​IMG]

Individual Passing
    [​IMG]

Individual Rushing
    [​IMG]

Individual Receiving
    [​IMG]

Notable Defensive Stats
    AJ Hawk 7 tackles
    Micah Hyde 4 tackles 1 INT
    Clay Matthews 1 INT
    Julius Peppers 3 tackles 1 sack
    DJ Williams 9 tackles

Ryan Mundy 8 tackles
    Lance Briggs 6 tackles
    Chris Clemons 6 tackles

• Like Like x 2
  9. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

Redskins win 42-38.

Giants are heartbroken as they led by 14 coming out of halftime, and extend that to 3 scores with a FG when RG3 throws an interception in the red zone.

The play that changed the game:

Cruz was running a curl route in the middle of the field. When he ran his route, he got caught up on a defender (Not press, Madden literally entangled the guys). I think I see Cruz breaking free, so I throw it to him.

He was not. The defender managed to intercept the ball without looking at it, giving the Redskins great field position and the momentum.

After that, the Giants couldn't do anything. Run game wasn't working all game, passing game stuttered, and the Redskins were red hot. They scored and scored and scored, while the Giants just shot themselves.

Redskins got the go-ahead score with 7 seconds left.

Heartbreak.

Another loss for a Giants team that can't take much more. Antrel Rolle is already suffering from loss of confidence, and Eli was too, until I fixed him up a bit.

The Giants need to win. But they just can't.

Stats

Eli Manning: 25-34 360 yds. 3 TD 1 INT

Rashad Jennings: 20 rushes for 59 yds. 1 TD

We had no run game. That helped greatly towards the downfall.

Andre Williams: 2 rushes for 2 yds. 1 TD

Rob Housler
    : 8 rec. for 128 yds. 1 TD

Housler continues to be amazing. The Giants got him for a steal, and it has paid off immensely.

Victor Cruz: 5 rec. for 35 yds. 1 TD

Odell Beckham Jr.: 4 rec. for 72 yds. 1 TD

Mario Manningham: 1 rec. for 45 yds. 0 TD

Weston Richburg
    : 1 Pancake

Justin Pugh: 1 Pancake

Will Beatty: 1 Pancake

Adam Snyder: 1 sack allowed

If anyone has a RG they want to deal, PLEASE contact me. I need one desperately.

Jacquian Williams
    : 9 tackles 1 sack

Antrel Rolle: 9 tackles

Cullen Jenkins: 4 tackles 1 sack

Da'Monster Moore: 2 tackles 1 sack

Prince Amukamara: 5 tackles 1 INT

DRC: 2 tackles 1 INT

Now excuse me while I go cry...

• Like Like x 4
  10. dubblechzburger

dubblechzburger Walk On

I hate those types of INTs :/ I've luckily only been on the other end in an earlier game where I got the benefit of the collision but I've had close calls throwing it.

11. integra14

integra14 Walk On

How I imagine Masterfocker right now:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  12. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

Yeah, that's about right.

Except instead of crying on the ground, I'm crying while playing EVE lol.

13. peacefrog

peacefrog Walk On

It was a rough way to lose. I did not think I was going to score a TD on the final drive with the clock ticking down. Couple big pass plays and I decided to keep the pedal on the medal. Masterfocker runs a tight ship with the G Men. Effective use of Cruz and Housler but tipped his hand a few times making that last INT legit with the defender in the right position.

Focker.. you forgot to mention that pick in the end zone was a fingertip catch that definitely looked like it touched the ground! lol. When you went up 17 in the 3rd I thought I was done. Like I said in the xbl party, it seemed like the game was all about momentum. Turnovers obviously being a key component once again.

Looking forward to the rematch!

14. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

I didn't forget :p

If only I hadn't done that safety blitz...

*sobs*