S1W5

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Masler, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Experience

Here.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Oregon 45
    Cal 31

Cal's pourous D ran into the Black Mamba today and it was ugly to say the least. The Cal offense was able to keep pace for 3 quarters, but when trailing by 7 early in the 4th and inside the Oregon 10 Cal HB Brendan Bigelow fumbled and it was scooped up by superstar Ifo Ekpre Olamu and returned 92 yards to put the early nail in the coffin.

Mariota only had to complete 5 passes on the day as the Mamba ran 27 times for 324 yards and 4 TDs. Cal Zach Kline did his best to keep them in the game with 463 passing yards and 3 TDs, but his 3 INTs, along with Bigelow's fumble were simply too much to overcome with the way that DAT ran the ball today.

NCA14XBX_18_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_eyf.jpg
    This fumble was the straw that broke the Bear's back

Game Balls:
    WR Bryce Treggs - 11 rec, 191 yds
    WR Maurice Harris - 9 rec, 122 yds

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

On a side note, I can't wait until my damned OC gets to lvl 2 so I can get lvl 2 up tempo. My no huddle pace was exhausting my poor WRs! During this game I had my #6 WR get a catch and even a CB had to come in and got a catch.

I obviously desire 3/3 up tempo, but there's a noticeable difference with even lvl 2 and I need that yesterday!

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]

Despite the offensive woes, the defense played great and was in McCarrons face all day​

#1 Alabama - 24

#15 Ole Miss - 21

Alabama was looking like they were going to roll after they owned the field on their first drive. Then their defense would score two defensive touchdowns to put the Rebels in a 21-0 hole. But then our defense woke up and shut the Tide offense down. Overall AJ McCarron only had 88 yards passing with 3 INTs while they had 52 yards as a team on the ground. Finally our offense would get some momentum going and would score on a 9 yard pass from Wallace to Logan. The Rebels would own the third quarter, scoring another TD but a mistake from the Coach when he called a 2 point when he meant to call the PAT left us in an 8 point hole after the failed two point (did not waste a timeout to change plays). Our defense would keep it up in the fourth but the offense could not move the ball hardly at all until the final 2 minutes of the game. Down 24-13 we needed a score QUICK and that they did, though not as quickly as preferred and this time the two point would be successful, putting us down by 3. With no timeouts we desperately needed the successful onside kick but it would bounce directly to Alabama and the bastards would get lucky and kneel it out.

Wonder how much I slip even though I lost by THREE points to the #1 team. There go my chance for the CCG unless others have the same luck I did, just better on offense. Up next we take a trip to Death Valley Ripoff against Auburn.

Stats

B. Wallace - 21/40, 286 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT
    J. Scott - 26 Att, 93 yards, 3.5 YPC, 1 TD
    J. Logan - 3 Rec, 74 yards, 1 TD
    V. Sanders - 3 Rec, 25 yards, 1 TD
    D. Moncrief - 6 Rec, 70 yards
    C. Johnson - 4 Tackles, 4 TFL, 3 Sacks
    C. Sawyer - 4 Tackles, 2 TFL

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

LSU 21
    Tennessee 14

Now we're having fun. Couldn't run the ball. Threw it a lot, so I threw lots of picks. Some were my fault, some weren't. They rushed 3, covered 8. I blocked 6 and didn't have time to throw routes deeper than 10 yards.

6. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

UCLA 20
    Oregon St 17

UCLA hangs on to win its season PAC12 opener. After UCLA dominated the first half the Beavers turned it on in the second half. Both defenses were very stingy as both offensives were held under 300yds of offense and 100yds rushing. The game came down to the last drive of State as UCLA was able to hold them to a FG. With a little over 2mins left UCLA put together a long drive and forcing Oregon St to use up there TO’s. With the ball centered UCLA took a couple knees and kicked the game winning FG.

7. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Arizona 14
    Washington 40

A game between two familiar coaches usually comes down to turnovers, and that was exactly the case in this game. After Arizona took a 7-3 lead late in the first quarter, Washington scored the next 23 points to take a 26-7 lead. The Huskies forced 4 interceptions, recorded 3 sacks, and recovered a fumble during the game as they turned in their best defensive performance of the year. The Wildcats were able to gain yardage, but there was always a Washington defender waiting to make a big play and stop a scoring drive. On offense QB Keith Price turned in a beautiful performance. After forcing a ball into coverage in the endzone resulting in an interception, Price caught fire. He hit receivers left and right throwing for over 300 yards, including over 100 yards to WR Jaydon Mickens, while HB Bishop Sankey carried it 25 times for just under 100 yards to keep the defense honest. After Arizona made it a two score game Sankey scored from 2 yards out and Price threw his 3rd TD of the game to put it away. The big win puts the Huskies at 1-0 in the PAC 12 as they will now go on the road for 5 straight games.

Good game UofCWildcat. The turnovers obviously killed you. Good luck the rest of the way.

UW
    QB Price 23/31 321 yards, 3 TDs, INT, 6 att, 27 yards
    HB Sankey 25 att, 97 yards, TD
    WR Mickens 6 rec, 118 yards
    WR Smith 5 rec, 67 yards, 3 TDs

UA
    QB Allen 17/29 298 yards, 2 TDs, 4 INTs
    HB Jenkins 6 att, 27 yards
    WR Hill 2 rec, 104 yards, TD

8. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The Cougars hosted the #3 Stanford Cardinal at home.

The Cougars D again stood tall early made the Cardinal QB uncomfortable running around trying to find WR's against the cougar zones..with some man mixed in.

The Cougar O was tough on the ground and air...however we took two ill advised shots into coverage and paid for them both with interceptions.

Caldwell led the ground game and Marks led in the air.

The Cougars were tough on D all game long and in an upset beat the Cardinal 30-14.

Cougars are now 4-0 and face the Oregon Ducks in Eugene next...

9. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Fmode11 Mizzou @ Raidernation Miss State

upload_2013-11-5_9-37-27.png

Mizzou - 31
    Miss St. - 24

Missouri traveled to Missippi to take on Raidernation and the Bulldogs. Mizzou would win the coin flip and choose to defer to the 2nd half. Mizzou has been a force to be reckon with this year, having one of the better RB in the country in Josey who was yet to be stopped. MSU also brought a talented RB into the game in RB Perkins. MSU would take the first drive over midfield against the tough and active Missouri front. MSU choose to lean on the passing attack even though they enjoyed success against the Mizzou pass rush. Unfortunately on there first drive UM MLB was able to break up a completion over the middle and the ball bounced right in the hands of a waiting UM CB. Mizzou would then go on a lengthy drive that would end with UM RB Josey punching in into the endzone on 3rd down. The game would turn into a back and forth affair. Mizzou was able to get the all important late 2nd quarter TD with only seconds remaining on the clock to take the lead into halftime.

Coming out into the 2nd half the Bulldog defense was able to hold the Mizzou offense to a FG after stuffing a run on 1st down that they were not able to recover against. The story of the 2nd half was the Mizzou defense. Not until less than 2 minutes to go in the 4th quarter when MSU went to hurry up mode down 24-10 were they able to put any point on the board. After combining for 21 points in the final 2 minutes and Mizzou covering up two onside kicks attempts the Tigers were able to escape win the win.

Good game Raidernation. You were the most successful thus far in slowing down RB Josey. Those whacking 335 formations were often tough to make read decisions against. Outside of the two INT this game was probably yours to win. Until next year...

Game Ball:
    Mizzou RB H. Josey
    16 car 56 yds 2 TD
    4 cth 20 yds 1 TD

10. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Game was a tough one to take my son was a huge reason for that 2nd pick he came in asking for fuckin crayons just as I hiked it... no excuses this game was yours. FYI 3-3-5 was only used inside the 30 ...... I was using dime sub and nickel 2-4-5 but got the best results from 3-4 odd most of the game you actually did the best against 3-3-5 okie when it was called..... that will change :ninja:

11. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Would like to see a video mash-up if you get the time

12. Raidernation

I believe I stopped recording after the pick (closed the laptop) ..... I'll check tho

13. Raidernation

definitely left some plays on the field.

• Like Like x 1