S1W6 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by greatnessdc, Sep 27, 2014.

1. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

You know what to do.

Mine following shortly.

2. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

In what would be a huge bounce back week after two heartbreaking losses the Falcons seemed to regain their stride as the defense looked better then ever and Matt Ryan and company took care of the ball.

[​IMG]

Returning home Atlanta settled in early and was able to move the ball efficiently for most of the day. A hungry opportunistic secondary capitalized on what seemed to be an off day for Jay Cutler. Cutlers throws sailed a few receivers and just couldn't find the right spot a majority of the game. Cutler ended the day with four interceptions.Matt Ryan finished his first game of the season without an interception. Devonta Freeman scored his first NFL touchdown. And Steven Jackson made his case for a top 10 play on sportscenter for the week.

[​IMG]

The key stat of the game was the Falcons ability to convert third downs a majority of the game. While the Falcons defense was stingy only allowing one third down conversion.

[​IMG]

Matt Ryan looked better then he has all season making smarter throws and giving the falcons their first game without him throwing an interception. The falcons came into the game focusing on ball security and it seemed like game plan payed off.

[​IMG]

The bears fell behind early and wasn't able to run the ball as much as they would have wanted too. Combined with Matt Forte missing a series due to an injury the temporarily sidelined him the running game for the bears never really found its feet.

The true story of the falcons this game came in the running game. The bears front seven held the falcons all day to 2-3 yard rushes. The Falcons kept at it and slowly started to get bigger runs. The play that put the knife in the heart of this game was Steven Jackson busting a rumbling stumbling 7 yard td in the 4th.

[​IMG]

Typical day for Falcons when it came to who was getting the targets. DiMarco the fullback did burst into this game and make key catches when given the chance. It seems the TE position has slowly lost its footing in priority compared to the start of the season.

For the bears you have to take note of Alshon and Marshall. Jeffery had an early drop in the game, combined with Cutlers throws being slightly off target caused struggles for the bears offense. Josh Morgan was able to make a few big catches for the bears though down the stretch.

And now we present the play of the game

A good home win for the Falcons sends them to 3-3 on the season while the bears struggles continue. The Falcons will prepare to face the (2-3) (currently) Ravens while the bears will face the Miami Dolphins (currently 0-4)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

Man, what a great game by the Giants and Eagles!

Giants ultimately win 36-30, but it wasn't pretty.

For starters, LeSean McCoy ran all over the Giants. He just couldn't be stopped.

However, for once in a long, long while, the Giants' special teams contributed. Greatly. Trindon Holliday got a kick return TD that was pivotal in the game.

Stats:

Eli Manning: 24-33 325yds. 2TD 0 INT

This was Eli's first 0 INT game, and he continues to impress. He completes most of his passes, and he's accurate. Most of the turnovers have been my fault. Also, he's either leading the league in passing yards, or is pretty damn close to it.

Rashad Jennings: 14 rushes for 113 yds. 1 TD

Rashad Jennings also had a good day. He broke 100 yards, and ran for the TD that won the game in overtime. He got shut down early, but the Giants brought him back later, and he fought back.

Victor Cruz: 7 rec. for 86 yds. 1 TD

Cruz was vital in the short and intermediate passing game. He made the catches he needed to make (Aside from one where he didn't even jump for the ball), and made multiple first downs. Basically, Cruz was Cruz.

Rob Housler: 7 rec. for 88 yds. 0 TD

Despite having 0 TD's this game, Housler continued his streak of looking good. In this game, he was asked to do more deep routes than short dump-off routes, and he performed very well. An absolute steal for the Giants, and the future at TE for a long, long time.

Corey Washington: 3 rec. for 78 yds. 1 TD

Oh, Corey Washington. He made good plays, and he made a really, really bad play. As the Giants were driving down the field, he was wide open going deep. Eli threw it, he caught it, he broke a tackle. He starts running down the sideline, gets hit, and...Fumble. Eagles recover.

It was almost a game changer. He made it up with a TD later IIRC (TD may have been before that, not 100% sure).

Antrel Rolle
    : 17 tackles

Rolle must've heard me talking about his poor play last week, because he went absolutely HAM this week. He made tackles in the run and passing game, and just seemed to be everywhere. He wasn't great in coverage, but the 17 tackles do not lie.

Walter Thurmond: 8 tackles 1 sack

Thurmond had a good, quiet game. No huge plays, but he was solid, and he did his job.

Robert Ayers: 5 tackles 1 sack

Ayers, the FA acquisition that has had to step in for JPP after the trade, has been doing pretty well. he's been good in the run game, and he had his first sack this game (I think). He was key to a defensive stop at some point.

Jacquian Williams: 3 tackles 1 sack

The ROLB that the Giants kept had a quiet game, not recording many tackles, and doing pretty poorly in coverage, but he did record a sack, which is nice.

Zack Bowman: 1 INT

So, Zack Bowman...He just decides to come in one play. And that one play? Intercepting a Nick Foles throw that put the Giants on the Eagles' side of the field in OT. His INT was the game changer.

Trindon Holliday
    :

Kick Return: 5 attempts 174 yds. 1 TD w/ his long being a 95 yard TD.

Punt Return: 2 attempts 77 yds. 0 TD w/ his long being a 57 yarder.

Trindon Holliday decided to step it up this game. He gave the Giants great field position, and with 3:30 left to go in the game, gave the Giants the lead with his kickoff return TD.

• Like Like x 2
  4. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

Stop getting good! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

I am in no way getting good lol.

My defense still can't stop shit. I won a really close game this week, and a game last week because of a couple mistakes.

Anyone that's even half-competent can still beat me (And I'm not calling you guys that I won against not competent, I'm just saying that anyone can beat me.)

• Like Like x 1
  6. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

A win is a win man.
    You're getting better or you wouldn't win!

7. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

Eh, it's more me winning the close games instead of losing them lol.

Every game I have played so far has been pretty close.

8. TheNathanHolmes

TheNathanHolmes Walk On

The Cardinals advance to 5-0!

The final score you will see is different than what really happened. Me and peacefrog made it to around 10 minutes left in the 4th, with Arizona up 31-13 after a 95 yard pick 6. But then for some reason we got kicked off, since I was dominating, he decided to let me just play the cpu since I had clearly beaten him at that point.

I wanted to point this out so that no one takes the Redskins too lightly because of the simmed score.

Edit: and just so no one accuses me of running up the score against the CPU, I was actually struggling against them early on, but I did not throw/run for a touchdown AT ALL in the 2nd half. I got to the 1 yardline, took some knees, and kicked field goals (3 of them).

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  9. McStrauss

McStrauss Walk On

[​IMG]

A third consecutive tough loss for the Jets in week 6. Right out of the gates, they marched the ball down to midfield in just under 4 minutes on the back of a potent rushing attack featuring both Chris Johnson and Chris Ivory. However, just as New York had crossed into Denver territory, Geno Smith threw a costly interception to TJ Ward. But immediately after, Peyton Manning threw a rare interception right back to Jets' second-year corner Dee Milliner. New York would continue to pound the ball down the field to the Denver 7. After 3 consecutive runs by Ivory pushed the Jets onto the 1 yard line, offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg chose to take the gamble and go for 6. Unfortunately, the Denver front absolutely overpowered the Jets offensive line to bring fullback Tommy Bohanon down on the 1.

While the Jets would very quickly get the ball back on yet another Manning interception to former teammate Champ Bailey, the Jets were once again ineffective in the redone, failing to get the ball across the goal line. This time, they opted for the field goal, taking the easy points.

Through the first quarter and a little bit, New York had dominated nearly every stat, holding the ball for almost the entire game up to that point. Unfortunately, all they had to show for it was a measly 3 points from kicker Nick Folk. From this point on, Manning and the Broncos would exploit New York's defense, picking up 14 easy points by the end of the second quarter on a goal-line run from Montee Ball and a red-zone completion to Demaryius Thomas in the last 15 seconds of the quarter.

Coming out of the gates, Denver appeared to be right on the rhythm they had set in the first half with a 65-yard completion to Demaryius that put Denver on New York's 4 yard line. This time, however, the stout Jets defensive front came through, holding the Broncos to a field goal.

Following the field goal, Denver would take over the ball at the New York 17 yard line, but promptly give it right back on a clutch interception from safety Jaiquawn Jarrett. While the Jets appeared to lose this sudden swing of momentum on a Chris Johnson fumble at the Denver 3 yard line, the call was overturned, allowing the Jets to score on a Geno Smith pass to Zach Sudfeld in the corner of the endzone, bringing them to within 7 points.

The Jets would then hold Denver to a field goal on the following drive, but Geno Smith failed to close the gap even further by throwing a costly interception to cornerback Chris Harris. Denver would extend its lead to 17 points with 7:24 left to go in the fourth quarter, an all but insurmountable deficit that late in the game.

New York would score once again with 3:21 left to go, but lose the onside kick and give up a 52-yard Matt Prater field goal with 1:52 remaining. On the ensuing drive, Geno Smith would miraculously lead his team the field in 1:39, converting two fourth downs and scoring with a 5-yard pass to former Bronco Eric Decker with 14 seconds left in the game. However, the Jets failed to recover the onside kick, losing 30-24.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Great game, Automatik. Pretty disappointed with some of the costly mistakes I made but that was a fun one.

• Like Like x 3
  10. RFF

RFF Walk On

Detroit 31 at Vikings 17

This was a closer game than the final score shows, as the game was tied at 17 at the end of the 3rd. Stafford looked much more on point this week compared to last, save for the lone INT which was a bad decision into traffic (another could have been INT'd later in the game). The Lions were in control offensively for the whole game, leading in ToP 29:06 to 18:52 and converting 10 third downs to the VIkings' 1. Their run game, nonexistent last week vs the Bills, came back as well, as they racked up 142 yds on the ground. The Vikings, again without superstar Adrian Peterson, managed just 86 on the way to 236 total offense. However, 2 costly turnovers (the aforementioned INT and a fumble on their own ~20-25 yard line) aided by 4 drive-sustaining penalties for 46 yds (all in the first half) aided Minnesota's cause, and the first half ended in a 10-10 tie.

The teams traded bombs, first to Calvin Johnson for 70 yards and then a 48 yard strike from Bridgewater to Cordarrelle Patterson against blown outside coverage to tie the game at 17. At this point, Minny's strong D couldn't quite hold up at the end, as the Lions marched downfield to take a 24-10 lead and finally, late, got a takeaway of their own, extending the lead to 31-10 and closing out the game.

GG coachmedici, could have gone either way at the end but I got some good fortune. Look forward to facing off again when your team's talent is more "win-now" ready.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

I`ll keep this short as McStrauss did a fine job summarizing the game.

Denver leaves Metlife Stadium with a W.
    For the second straight week Manning struggles but this time the defense makes some crucial stops to give the Broncos a 30-24 victory.
    Montee Ball had his best game since week 2, rushing for 80 yards on 18 carries and a score. Game ball goes to the entire Denver defense for giving Manning and co a chance in this, Denver allowed the Jets to convert just 57% of their red zone opportunities.

Geno was very efficient early on, at one point he was 15-18 and that catch by Sudfield in the corner of the endzone was ridiculous.

GG McStrauss, once you get more weapons on offense you'll be battling for the AFC East crown in no time.

• Like Like x 2
  12. dubblechzburger

dubblechzburger Walk On

I'll hopefully be posting the Dolphin Packer game after our game. If EA allows it to go through. Already on our 2nd day of trying to play our game after the server disconnected us in the 2nd quarter Friday and then disconnected us right before the start of this game.

13. dubblechzburger

dubblechzburger Walk On

[​IMG]
    The 2-3 Packers rolled into Miami to take on a struggling Dolphins squad looking for their first win. After forcing a 3 and out on Green Bay, Miami was the first to strike after going on a lengthy drive, culminating in a Mike Wallace touchdown. Green Bay responded on the next drive however as on the second play of the drive, Eddie Lacy rips a 71 yard touchdown run after shaking off multiple defenders. Miami then stalled on a promising drive having to punt. Lacy continued his dominance under new head coach dubblechzburger as he ripped off multiple 5+ yard runs and even caught a 14 yard wheel route from Aaron Rodgers for their 2nd touchdown to go up 14-10. The next drive sparked some controversy. On a screen play, Ryan Tannehill was hit and the ball came out. While it appeared to have been a forward motion, the refs called for the fumble which was recovered by Clay Matthews. Due to it being a turnover, DadiBlanki was unable to challenge, but the refs decided not to review it. This controversial play ultimately led to a 1 yard John Kuhn plunge. A more legitimate fumble with :50 seconds left in the first half led to a Crosby field goal, making it 24-10 at halftime. The second half was not nearly as high scoring. The Green Bay defense stepped up and held the Dolphins to just a field goal in the 3rd quarter. Green Bay's offense eventually went into run mode to get out as fast as possible as star quarterback Aaron Rodgers suffered his 2nd injury of the year. He was sidelined with an abdominal tear halfway through the 3rd quarter. After suffering through an injury that sidelined him for 8 weeks in the 2013 season and again for the first few weeks of 2014, Rodgers will again be out a several weeks. The game slowly sputtered to an end as Lacy added to his rushing totals and Miami just couldn't quite get it going on offense as they had a couple chances in the 4th quarter down just two scores.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Again, good game Dadiblanki. Packers go on to face Carolina at home while Miami travels to Chicago.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

[​IMG]

Bills handle unbeaten Patriots to take control of AFC East

The Bills played perhaps their best defensive game of the year and if not for 2 very untimely fumbles, the Bills may have run away with this game. The defense was nearly dominant, holding Brady and co for just 162 yards through the air and the Patriots ground game to just 32 yards on 13 carries. The defense dropped multiple interceptions they had their hands on as well.

The Bills offense was perhaps, as expected. The running game was busy but mostly unproductive. Both Bills runners averaged under 4 yards per carry but their value was in keeping the chains moving and keeping Tom Brady off the field. There were no big plays in the run game either, with the runners only notching a long run of 11 on the day - which is typically a key component for the Bills recipe for success. EJ Manuel had perhaps his most efficient day in a Bills uniform, completing 71% of his passes for 208 yards and connecting on a touchdown to Sammy Watkins who led the Bills in receiving with 9 receptions for 99 yards. Again the real success was keeping Brady off the field. Converting 19 first downs compared to the Patriots 10 and out-possessing the Patriots nearly 2:1.

The defenses both played well though, clearly. The Patriots coming up with 2 fumble recoveries, one on a muffed punt and the other on a big hit on a WR smoke screen. Both defenses got after the QBs, each notching 4 sacks. The Bills at last check actually lead the league in sacks with all 4 of the Bills starting front 4 applying pressure in different games this season. The Bills are now 5-1 and have a tough Vikings team to face in week 7

Hordan54 GG man. Both defenses played tough so it should be a great matchup next time!

Other stats
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  15. Hordan54

Hordan54 Walk On

That was a tough game. That 4-6 defense of yours is nasty. First time I've played against it. I need to figure it out in time for our next match up.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Keller

I rotated it with some 4-3 but I try to put that safety down in the box on 1st down a lot of times, especially early in the game to try and force people to throw.

17. Hordan54

Hordan54 Walk On

Ya, I noticed you manually move a lot of players just a yard or two, and the free safety a lot, and it would seem to shut down most combination routes and pretty much any outside runs.

You're in trouble once I get personnel for my spread hurry up offense ;)

Looking forward to our next matchup.

18. Keller

Sometimes I move players on accident when trying to make individual defensive hot routes. Its always a hectic thing before the snap if I'm trying to make a change to one or two players then get back to a different player to cover something else.

As far as hurry up, as long as its not 100% of the time you're fine. No one is going to fault someone for running hurry up as a change of pace for a drive here or there but all the time is definitely not something we want to encourage either.

Obviously if you're playing from behind in the 4th quarter etc - its all fair game of course.

• Like Like x 1
  19. peacefrog

peacefrog Walk On

I dunno about dominating there chief :pompous:, but you definitely had my number :blackeye:. If I didn't throw that pick at the goaline, it would have been a one score game. Thought we had a good game going back and forth, we were tied for a while with solid defensive stops.

What was the simmed score? Hopefully you let me score a little bit? :bag:

I'll be ready for you in the playoffs. :sneaky:

20. Keller

This is the wrong area to have this discussion. I'm going to try and break this conversation out.

21. peacefrog

peacefrog Walk On

Sounds good. Felt the need to respond to save some face. :notworthy:

22. Keller

23. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'm not going to tell you anything, you obviously know more than I do.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Keller

Funny

25. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

The Browns came into tonight's game hungry for a win and revenge against a team that embarassed them to a 38-14 finish in Week 1.

The Browns elect to receive, getting no where on their first drive, Pittsburgh starts their drive on their own 26. The Browns are able to make a few stops and hold the Steelers to a 30 yard field goal. After a 20 yard kick off return, Manziel is picked off by Allen, Roethlisberger finds Wheaton for a 21 YD TD on the next play. 2nd and 9 on the CLE 19, West fumbles the ball on the sideline giving posession back to the Steelers. The Steelers have to settle for another field goal early in the second quarter...

The Browns drive consists of a few lucky third down conversions and costly penalties against the defense which gets them on the board with a 43 YD FG. 3rd and 10 on PIT 37, Robertson grabs the pick from Roethlisberger but gets no where on the return. With 25 seconds left, West finds the end zone, putting the score at 10-13 going into half time!

The third quarter is a defensive battle, keeping both teams scoreless through the entire quarter...

Early in the fourth, the Browns tie the game with a 30 YD FG, 13-13... 7:23 left in the game, Roethlisberger finds Miller on a 10 YD TD. The Browns fight their way up the field before Manziel keeps the ball on a QB sneak and ties the game 20-20. The Steelers are unable to score, before the quarter ends sending the game into overtime!

The Steelers win the toss and elect to receive, on 3rd and 11 on PIT 38, Roethlisberger is picked off by Dansby. After a quick series, Cundiff tries to get the Browns their first win with a 51 YD field goal and this is how it turns out....

Bademosi picks Roethlisberger off at the CLE 37, giving the Browns hope again on winning this football game before Manziel throws a pick of his own which will set the Steelers up to kick an easy field goal and take victory...

Steelers win 23-20, good game Freakskull still can't believe that FG kick...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 2