S1W7 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by dubblechzburger, Sep 29, 2014.

1. dubblechzburger

dubblechzburger Walk On

Just going to go ahead and start up the thread since I'll be posting the Packers Panthers summary once I get the highlight video made!

2. dubblechzburger

dubblechzburger Walk On

[​IMG]

The 4-2 Carolina Panthers rolled into Lambeau Field to take on the Green Bay Packers. This turned out to be a very close game that came down to the last few seconds. Carolina received the ball first but after a promising drive had to punt. Green Bay received the ball and relied heavily on Eddie Lacy again since Aaron Rodgers was out this week. However, it was the back up, James Starks, who scored on a long screen play that turned into a touchdown to give the Packers a 7-0 lead.

The next Panthers drive carried into the 2nd quarter and culminated in a Cam Newton 1 yard touchdown run to tie the game out. Green Bay responded with another drive featuring a heavy dose of Lacy but ended with a play action pass that found Randall Cobb with plenty of space to get the score to 14-7. After a stalled Carolina drive, Green Bay hit a Mason Crosby field goal with just a few minutes left to go up 17-7. Carolina responded however, with Cam Newton leading a drive with 3 minutes left that finished off with a Jericho Cotchery touchdown to bring the game to 17-14 with just a few seconds left in the first half.

The third quarter was a relatively quiet quarter with a bit of a defensive struggle between the two teams. Green Bay ultimately scored on a late drive. The play action pass worked to perfection after running the ball with force in the first half. The play action plus some good protection helped Matt Flynn do his best Rodgers impersonation and he passed the ball down the field leading to a 1 yard Eddie Lacy touchdown.

After stopping a Carolina drive, Eddie Lacy did his best to put the icing on the cake. He ran in a 37 yard run for a touchdown to put the Packers up 31-17 with around 9 minutes left in the game. Carolina managed to respond, driving down the field and hitting a wide open Greg Olsen down the sideline who just managed to step out of bounds with a wide open endzone in front of him. This didn't cost Carolina though as the next play, Ed Dickson caught a pass for a 12 yard touchdown from Cam Newton. Carolina then held Green Bay to a three and out and got the ball with about 5 minutes left in the game. However, after a sack that gave Newton a tough 4th and 14 to convert. Newton then hit Cotchery on a 14 yard play which looked like it gave them a 4th down conversion to continue their drive but the refs ruled it short of the first down and gave the ball back to Green Bay. Green Bay again failed to get a first down running the ball giving Carolina one last chance with 2 minutes remaining in the game. However, Demetri Gooden managed to pick off Cam Newton with less than 2 minutes remaining to essentially seal the game. Carolina still had 3 timeouts so Green Bay wanted a first down to clinch it and Lacy delivered. On 3rd down Lacy busted through the line on a counter play and gave himself up at the 3 yard line to seal the game up and Flynn took the kneel down to make it official.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Notable Defensive Players
    Star Lotulelei 3 tackles 1 sack

Luke Kuechly 7 tackles
    Thomas Decoud 7 tackles
    Clay Matthews 8 tackles
    Micah Hyde 8 tackles
    Demetri Goodson 1 tackle 1 INT

• Like Like x 1
  3. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

What is this, a Giants' win!?

Haha, nope. Of course not. Giants lose 28-21 to the Cowboys. Go figure.

The Giants let the Cowboys run all over them. They also let that happen, and in even worse fashion, against the Eagles. So what happened this time?

The Giants punted. Four times. You'll never win games if you punt that much. Oh, and the running game never got going for the Giants.

Stats:

Eli Manning: 17-27 253 yds. 1 TD 1 INT

Eli didn't have the best game. His stats make it seem worse than it was, though, as his receivers dropped multiple passes in the final quarter. His lone INT came from a deep ball to Cruz who was just never able to get there (Most likely my fault, as I was usering him)

Rashad Jennings: 17 rushes for 47 yds. 1 TD

Jennings couldn't get anything done. Again. It's not Jennings' fault. I just have to basically abandon the run if my defense can't stop the opposing offense, which is what happens 99% of the time.

ODB: 4 rec. 98 yds. 0 TD

A great game for the young rookie. He caught multiple deep balls. He also had a bad couple of drops.

Reuben Randle: 4 rec. 50 yds. 1 TD

Same thing. Got into the endzone, but had a drop or two. Never really got open on the outside. Either that, or ODB was Eli's target.

Victor Cruz: 4 rec. 48 yds. 0 TD

Useful at picking up first downs. had a great diving catch to keep the drive alive late in the 4th quarter.

Rob Housler: 3 rec. 38 yds. 0 TD

I didn't use Housler this game like I usually do. I mainly do Coach Suggestions, and it never suggested anything I usually do. That, combined with ODB's good game, contributed to a bad game for Housler. He also whiffed on a block that led to an Eli sack.

Adam Snyder: 1 pancake, 2 sacks allowed

Terrible game for Snyder. 2 sacks allowed is bad, and he let up many pressures that lead to incomplete passes. We need a new RG. Anyone looking to trade one?

Weston Richburg, Justin Pugh: 1 sack allowed each

Just overpowered at the LoS.

Antrel Rolle: 11 tackles

Antrel Rolle continues his dominance. He is now 2nd in the league in tackles, and is a force against the run. His man coverage skills leave a lot to be desired, though.

Stevie Brown: 8 tackles

3rd in the league in tackles, right behind Rolle. He also had good tackling games, and he's never really needed in man coverage, as he's a FS, but he hasn't been giving up big plays, either. I didn't want to resign him after this year, but he's making his case as to why that would be a big mistake.

Jacquian Williams: 6 tackles

A good, quiet game for Williams.

Jon Beason: 6 tackles, 2 INT's, 1 TD on a pick six.

Holy Beason Batman. He picked Tony Romo off twice, bringing one into the endzone. On top of that, he was pretty good in coverage. He was, however, directly responsible for a couple of runs that ultimately sealed the victory for the Cowboys. I can't blame him, though. It's just the computer being retarded.

Steve Weatherford: 4 punts.

This is unacceptable. This offense should not be punting 4 times. We lost this game because of this. We didn't get any FG's, and we only reached the endzone twice on offense.

The Defense: 32nd in the league.

There's a reason the defense is ranked 32nd in the league. They can't stop shit.

Sure, they can get an INT here or there, but that's it. They can't stop passes, and they fucking definitely cannot stop the run. I'm willing to bet the Giants have given up the most rushing yards BY FAR in the league. I don't think they've forced a single fumble. Not that I can remember.

RaiderRed90

4. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

Good game man. Beason had my number and Zac Stacy definitely carried the load.
    That 10 minute drive I had really sealed it. Best of luck through the rest of the season, see ya layer on in the schedule ;)

5. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

I literally blitzed at least 7 on every play during that drive. Still couldn't stop you.

*Sigh*

This is why my defense is so bad lol.

6. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

I dunno man
    My line was just having a great day I guess lol

7. dubblechzburger

dubblechzburger Walk On

Same thing in my game against the Packers. It was very clear to him I was going to run early and often since I was without Rodgers and my line still let me do it despite blitzing a lot in the 2nd half, specifically 4th quarter.

8. McStrauss

McStrauss Walk On

Same old Jets...

Just lost an absolutely wild game to Hordan54. Up 17-10 with a minute and a half to go and the ball, and threw a pick on 3rd down to a Patriots team with no timeouts left. He charged down the field and scored. I got the ball back with a minute on the clock, forgot I had chew clock on and ran down my time so that I couldn't get a drive going to kick a field goal and win it. THEN in OT, I win the toss and get the ball. And of course Geno throws a pick on the second play of the drive at the 20, Gostkowski makes his first field goal of the game (after 3 misses) and the Pats win.

Pretty damn bummed about that game. Probably takes me out of the playoff picture. GG Hordan. See you again week 16.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

i think its too early to count yourself out of the playoffs man!

10. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

Seems to be a lot of these heartbreaking type games this season. I know it sucks. But don't count yourself out yet. Pick it up and run the table!

11. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

Unless you're the Giants. With that defense, playoff hopes are basically gone.

12. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

the nfc east is incredibly close between you the skins and the eagles. I really think youre on the turn around man!

13. McStrauss

McStrauss Walk On

Eh it's gonna take a lot to get through. 2-5 is pretty tough to recover from, especially with how the Bills and Pats are looking. Thanks for the words of encouragement though :)

14. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

My defense is on the turnaround.

As in, they're turnstiles and turn around for the offense to go right by them.

What an awful joke. I'm just gonna leave now.

15. Hordan54

Hordan54 Walk On

Crazy game! Defense bailed me out big time. Offense has been a struggle most of the season.

16. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

If we fuse, we can be unstoppable.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Hordan54

Hordan54 Walk On

Send me over victor Cruz and some oline and we will be good to go ;)

18. McStrauss

McStrauss Walk On

Maybe we can fuse the two New York teams. The New York Gents.

• Like Like x 4
  19. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

Two wrongs don't make a right ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

The monster D-Line of the Jets, combined with the monster Secondary of the Giants, with Eli, Cruz, Decker, Randle, ODB, and Washington?

Yes please.

21. McStrauss

McStrauss Walk On

Throw in the Jets' RB duo of Ivory and Johnson and baby, you got a stew going.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

Let's ask Keller if he'll approve having only 31 teams in the league lol.

23. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

There already is kinda thanks to JacobG2815

Just kiddin bud (y)

• Like Like x 1
  24. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

If you're blitzing that much that may be why you're struggling so much on defense.

25. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

No, I blitzed that much when I knew he was gonna run on every down because he was running out the clock.

I don't blitz that much normally.