S1W8 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by TheNathanHolmes, Oct 3, 2014.

1. TheNathanHolmes

TheNathanHolmes Walk On

Eagles @ Cardinals. Not too much to say here besides the Eagles offense couldn't stay on the field. Final score Cardinals 38, Eagles 10.

The one surprising stat from the game was the Cardinals leading receiver, Larry Fitzgerald, had only 4 catches (for 107 though). Ellington had 21 carries for 103 and 2 touchdowns, and Stepfan Taylor had 12 carries for 65 yards and a touchdown.

LeSean McCoy had a decent game with 16 carries for 72 yards but no touchdowns. The Eagles only touchdown came on their last drive when Mark Sanchez found Kenjon Barner for a 42 yard touchdown.

Good game Wills3 good luck the rest of the year.

2. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

...Alright, I'll bite.

Why was Sanchez in the game? No way he was gonna win, so he put in backups?

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheNathanHolmes

TheNathanHolmes Walk On

Yeah, after a certain point we both put in backups because he wasn't moving the ball and time was running out. it was 35-3 for most of the second half

4. Wills3

Wills3 Walk On

Yeah I just wasn't clicking on offense and my secondary couldn't keep up with Larry. You outplayed me 100% for sure. I'll see you in the playoffs ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

I played the CPU colts and lost the lead with :45 sec to go. Damn Luck. I had some Madden love on a long pass and kicked the F to win.

Edit: FG, not F lol

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Victorias5ecret

Victorias5ecret Walk On

CPU Packers 21 - Saints 7

After some aggressive play calls and 4 rage-inducing fumbles (all lost) at key moments during the game, the Saints fell to the Packers 21-7.

Instead of giving Shane Graham the chip shot to make the score at half 10-13, the Saints went for the lead but fell short when Pierre Thomas got stopped at the goal line as the first half expired.

The Saints first drive to begin the second half ended up with a turnover-on-downs at the Packers 2 yard line.

End aggressive play calls. Score is still 13-7.

At one point, Brees had completed 21-24 of his passes, but finished the game at 25-34. This largely had to do with the Saints abandoning the run in order to make up yardage late in the game due to untimely fumbles.

Drew Brees fumbled in the 3rd quarter, although Coach Richard Hughes still asserts it was an incompletion. Officials refused to review the play.

Benjamin Watson fumbled after catching a timely cross route for a first down with less than 2:00 in 4th quarter near the Packer 35 yard line. The Saints stonewalled the Packers getting the ball on their own 18 after Mathsay booted the punt downfield. With approximately a minute left, the Packers stripped the ball and returned it to the end zone followed by a 2-point conversion to hit the last nail in the coffin at 21-7.

There was some other fumble that my half-back lost in the open field from a wrap up tackle by a CB, also in the 4th quarter, but sources can't agree on who it was. Regardless, it was untimely and also on the Packers side of the field.

The Packers put up respectable numbers, but the Saints largely held them in check despite Aaron Rodgers completing 80% of his passes. Each team made it to the redzone three times, however the Saints went 0-3 to the Packers 3-3 (2 FGs and 1TD).

Brees: 25-34, 294 YDS, 0 INT and 0 TD and hooked up with 8 different receivers.
    Rodgers: 24-30, 240 YDS, 0 INT and 0 TD and hooked up with 10 different receivers.

Lacy : 24 ATT, 72 YDS
    Thomas: 15 ATT, 83 YDS, 1 TD
    Ingram: 4 ATT, 25 YDS

Notable Receiving Stats:
    Richard Rodgers: 6 REC, 89 YDS
    Jimmy Graham: 6 REC, 116 YDS

Both teams played well, and the failed aggressive play calling came back to haunt the Saints coaching staff. Heading into next week, we can be sure the Saints will be working on ball carrying, and perhaps, dipping their hands in pine-tar.

In other news, Coach Hughes had to make a trip to the hospital for a broken blood vessel suffered after he watched the 4th fumble. Sources confirm that he is doing well and will be at practice this week.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

OMG Four fumbles! I blow a gasket at four drops, I can't imagine four fumbles.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Victorias5ecret

Victorias5ecret Walk On

It was unreal. I couldn't believe it. They weren't even big hits. I'm going to launch an investigation and see if maybe the players were taking bribes to throw the game.

• Like Like x 2
  9. RFF

RFF Walk On

I had two more fumbles today myself, both while holding RB cover ball as I always do...

• Like Like x 1
  10. dubblechzburger

dubblechzburger Walk On

I did offer them quite large sums of money. Sorry about the situation man. I just got back up and running. Side note: I completely forgot how freaking dependent I am on electricity. Almost 10 hours without it and nobody available to do anything was brutal haha.
    You stopped Lacy's streak of 100 yard rush games so there's that!

11. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

I'm pretty late doing this because yesterday was just a tiring day. But I figured what the heck I got sometime today and a bye week so lets get it.
    The NFL sends 2 more teams across the seas to play. In London the Atlanta Falcons (waste of a "home" game) take one the Detroit Lions. Both teams fight in the NFC for a playoff berth.
    - The Lions came in at 5-2 a game ahead of the Green Bay Packers.
    - The Falcons came in 4-3 a half of a game behind the New Orleans Saints.

The NFC so far this year hasn't really been home to any team to lock down that they are locks to make it other then those dang Cowboys. Teams that started the season strong have begin to show weaknesses mid season. And teams that started the season slow have gotten in to mid season form (looking at you packers) to make this a highly contested conference.

[​IMG]

In what I would like to say was a very... unique way. The Falcons edge out the lions 31-24 on the back of 7 takeaways. The Lions came out of the gate strong on both sides of the ball as they dominated the first half. The Lions went into half time with a 17-6 lead. But something was said in the locker room at half and the 3rd quarter ended up being a huge turnaround.

With the Lions D quickly shutting down and attempt at running the ball. And their secondary locking up 2 quick interceptions in the first quarter. The Falcons came out in the third and somehow moved the ball down the field and into the endzone on a pass to the second year tight end Toilolo. The Lions got the ball back but Stafford threw a pick six to Robert Alford who put the Falcons in the lead for the first time and also swung the momentum of the game. After that interception the Lions offense never really looked the same again.

[​IMG]

The Lions managed to make one of the better third down converting teams look like a Junior Varsity squad for most of the game as the Falcons were only able to go 2-9 on 3rd down plays. The telling story of the game was the 7 takeaways by the Falcons defense. The Falcons defense while not being one of the best at stopping people from moving the ball have a whopping 29 takeaways through 8 games this season leading the league by 10.

[​IMG]

This game was a tell of two halfs. The first half Stafford could do no wrong. He was able to move the ball wherever he wanted. The second half came and he ran into huge trouble.

Matt Ryan threw two pics in the first quarter. His targets just weren't getting open in the small window of time he felt he had to throw the ball against an aggressive Lions defense. The second half he was able to settle in and make key throws when needed to to win the game.

[​IMG]

Neither team able to run the ball effectively today. Antone Smith made his season debut in the second half and had some impressive runs. The shock was no Steven Jackson in this game. No word on weather this was a one time move to give Jackson some extra rest of weather the Falcons are moving in a different direction.

[​IMG]

The Lions spread the ball around very effectively getting everyone in the offense involved while also having Megatron top 150 yards.

[​IMG]

The Falcons on the otherhand only had a handful of guys get involved. Julio Jones actually had a few plays very early in the game where the Lions brought both safeties up and left him in one on ones that the Falcons took advantage of. Levine Toilolo stepping up his game these past few weeks. Roddy White is starting to look like a ghost of his former self on the field.

This was a very hard game to do a write up for. It was a weird back and forth kind of game that I should have had a bigger lead on with a plus 4 turnover difference. But his defense held me in check and I was able to hang on by a thread.

Offensive Player of the Game: Calvin Johnson. His stat line speaks for himself. Although Julio had similar numbers Calvin just seemed more dominant this game.

Defensive Player of the Game: Robert Alford. Anytime a player can walk away with 3 interceptions in one game with one of those going to the house its going to be hard to find someone more worthy then that.

Good game RFF . Good luck the rest of the season.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RFF

RFF Walk On

After taking a 17-3 lead, it was the two (!!!) gigantic fumbles while driving down the field, followed and Stafford's inexplicably wild miss on a mere 3-yard pass to a wide-open, completely undefended Golden Tate standing by his lonesome in the middle of the endzone. Forget everything else: those 3 plays were the real turning points... was only after those three plays that the INT deluge began, but those 3 huge swings are what kept the game from turning into a 28-3 blowout.