S1WK10

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by BRUCE80, Nov 15, 2013.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Ole Miss visits WSU

WSU controls the game on the defensive side of the ball, intercepting five passes and forcing a fortunate fumble.

Highlight available on the website.

Cougs win 19-0 yay.

ScreenHunter_72 Nov. 14 21.07.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Masler

Masler Moderator

I didn't even run 30 offensive plays? Damn. I hate to see what your team can do when you start pulling some good recruits.

3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Coach Lambdin Beats Coach Jello as the Wildcats Head Man for the First Time in 30+ NCAA Season!
    Arizona: 41
    #25 California: 31

Arizona came into the game with a chip on their shoulder. Having had 31 turnovers as a team and only forcing 8 on defense, the Wildcats were sick of this losing. Arizona was ready for coach Jello's Spread Option offense with their 3-3-5. This is what the defense was made for, the Spread Option teams who like to abuse the speed on the outside and force users into multiple DB sets. With the 3-3-5, 2 safeties come close to the line and force the runs inside. This frustrated QB Zach Kline all day as he totaled 0 total rushing yards.

The game started out with a three and out for Arizona as Javelle Allen's scramble was a yard short of pay dirt. Arizona would stop the Bears offense who is very predictable in passing situation. Once put into those situation, the Wildcats D was read for the 4-5 routes Coach Jello's team likes to run (i.e. Curls, TE Angle routes, Out Routes, Post). A stop there gave the Wildcats the ball. Arizona would drive down the field and Ka'Deem Carey who exploded today, made a nice cut on a HB Off Tackle play and took it for a 26 yard TD. Cal would respond though but be held to 3 to end the quarter.

The second quarter was all Arizona. Arizona's balanced offense (which was a new thing) tore apart the Cal defense to pieces and it was showing on the scoreboard. Garic Wharton would drive down and get a TD with his 7 yard slant pattern on 3rd and goal. Arizona would get a turnover on a Zach Kline INT he tried to force into triple coverage with Derrick Rainey being the receiver of the pick. And turn that into a Jake Smith 3 point field goal. Cal would not go away before the half getting in the end zone for the first time with 1:02 left in the half. Arizona wouldn't back down either as they drove down the field. But in a bizarre play, with :20 left, Javelle Allen tried to scramble for a first down but was hit and fumbled. The Cal defender picked up the ball but began to lose his balance and trip his way into the endzone for an Arizona Safety! Arizona would be up at half 19-14.

In the second half, Cal's offense would begin to move again as they drove right down the field. But another stalled drive turned into a 38 yard field goal for Cal, putting them down 19-17. Unfortunately, the Arizona turnover bug could not be completely removed as Javelle Allen threw a stupid Interception and it lead to a 3 points for Cal to take the 20-19 lead. But Arizona responded quickly with Davonte Neal getting the 1 yard TD pass and a 2 pointer would put Arizona up 27-20 at the end of 3.

The 4th quarter brought a lot of excitement as Cal would make the game a 4 point game with 5:18 left. But Arizona would milk a lot of clock and get a TD to David Richards to put Arizona up 11. But Cal would drive quickly and score 8 with the two pointer and it was a 3 point game. The turning point of the game came when Coach Jello elected to kick down field with 1:45 left and down 3. Arizona took this as a BLATANT insult to their offense. The offense had been obliterating the Bears defense for 26:15 of the game and Cal kicking it deep told Coach Lambdin that he wasn't good enough. He wasn't clutch enough to win this game. This made Coach Lambdin very upset and he made a statement. On first down, Coach Lambdin called a PA pass to the post for Davonte Neal but Neal dropped the ball. Coach Lambdin wasn't calling off the dogs yet. He called a streak up the seam knowing Coach Jello would only put a Cover Two shell on. This worked to perfection as Davonte Neal would take that pass and break a tackle, evade 3 more guys and hit the endzone for 75 yards and Arizona would go up 10. Cal would try and battle back but Johnathan McKnight would force a fumble and Tra'mayne Bounderant would recover. The frustration showed on the Cal sideline as when Arizona got a first down on a PA pass, Cal had only one timeout and there was only 1:15 left. Javelle Allen would take a knee. Coach Jello used the timeout in frustration of his teams performance and it showed. Arizona would go on to win 41-31 and win a must win game with multiple recruits coming to visit.

GG jello1717 Really wanted this one and it was a hard fought game. Go lose a few more games for me so I don't gotta worry about you in the Conference Championship

• Like Like x 1
  4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

GG, but I really wonder if you were watching (playing) the same game as me.

(1) I didn't lose this game because of my offense. I lost because of my horrible defense (which I think is ranked #124/126 in the country for points allowed per game).
    My rushing game did very well against you as I had more rushing yards against you than in any of my 6 user games this season and roughly twice as many rushing yards against you than against most of the other users.
    My QB only had 65 total rushing yards on the entire season coming into this game (8 YPG) as he's not much of a threat on the ground. Even though he's not a threat with his legs, it took 4 sacks for him to get down to 0 yards against your D which made it one of his best rushing days of the season with as sad as that is (he's had 3 games with negative rushing yards and only 4 games with even double digit rushing yards).
    My O played awesome today. Only in my triple OT game against Mizzou did I get more yards than I gained against your D.

(2) I throw a lot more than 4-5 different routes (and TE angle routes are one of my least used routes which you can probably tell by my 13 TE receptions out of 182 receptions this season) and most of my completions tonight were on routes that you didn't list.

(3) This wasn't even double coverage. You just had a guy playing shallow between my QB and my WR (but about 10 yards from the WR) and I stupidly threw a bullet pass which he was able to catch.

(4) My horrible D has only forced 2 INTs on the season and none of those came in this game (you never threw any INTs).

(5) There was no frustation here. I was just trying to get the ball back and that won't happen without me calling TOs. Out of everyone else, you should understand that as I still remember beating you with SMU when the game was pretty much 95% won by you but I somehow managed a miraculous comeback so because of that, I never think a game is over until the final whistle blows.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I said my defense/your offense won me the game because i didn't give up a lot of yards on the ground. I usually give up 200 some vs you but i didn't even give up 100 on the ground to your HB and 0 to your QB (who you now stated isn't a runner but at the time i thought he was since thats you O).

I just know those routes are your money routes and i was making sure i covered em all game. I know i got a sack early cause you ran the play with an out from the bunch, slant from the bunch, TE Angle, an Out from the back side and a streak from the other side play. I know when you come out in that formation, it is that route combination coming. Just one of the predictable situation i got you in

I swore it was cause it was a Cover 3 from the 3-2-6 and i had my corner who was in the flat and a safety in the hook zone in that area. Could of miss remembered.

I did not throw an INT. I forgot that. It feels like i do every game but i didn't this one. Your D was gash worthy.

Well when i'm kneeing on 1st down with 1:15 left and just gotta knee it twice to win since i won't fumble there, I do chalk that up to frustration. You know there is no mathematical way to comeback there.

6. jello1717

You definitely didn't scout my team prior to the game. This season I have more than twice as many passing yards as rushing yards (I only average 135 yards on the ground while averaging 283 through the air) and I'm actually the #10 passing team in the country (as you obviously know, I'm usually top 5 rushing and bottom 5 passing). Not only has my QB been #1 for the entire season for QBA, he's even been top 5 for most of it for passing yards and passing TDs. Without a running threat @ QB this has been a very, very different offense that what anyone has seen under coach Jello.
    Against my team you don't need to worry about throwing INTs. As a defensive guy this season was been even more frustrating than my ones with Illinois (which were REALLY, REALLY frustrating). I haven't had a D this horrible since my offline's days with 2* Buffalo. So far every single team I've played this season except for Raidernation 's bulldogs (and yes, that includes my CPU opponents too) has done anything and everything they've wanted to against my D. We can't even slow down the run nor the pass. TOs have been the most frustrating part. Through 9 games we've only managed 2 INTs, despite the fact that we've gotten our hands on 22 passes. My defenders just always drop everything.

You should check out my team stats for a good laugh. I think I'm #124ish for PAPG. #102 for total D, #97 for rush D, #97 for pass D (we're equal opportunity suck artists), #122 for TO differential (not because I turn it over a ton, but because I've only forced 4 on the season after my FR/own safety against you). #124 in forced INTs. Only 2 users have forced fewer sacks than my team. It's horrible.....

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  7. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

I feel special...... like little bus special with the white helmet on.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jello1717

The sun was bound to shine on the dog's ass that is my defense once. You were just unlucky enough to be that one.

9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

You want a better laugh Jello? Check out my turnover margin. Fucking giggles and shit there... Fuck me right?

10. jello1717

I saw that, but that's from you turning it over (which is the user's) fault as opposed to not forcing TOs, which is usually the CPU's fault.

11. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Oh it's from both of those. It's like seeing a deaf guy taking a music appreciation class. Shit just work together.