S2 Falcons vs Cowboys Part I & II

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hokie Effect, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Week 17
    Atlanta- 27
    Dallas- 13

This game had little meeting as the playoff seeds had been set and the 2 would face off again in the wild card round. But both sides wanted to go into the post season with some momentum. Atlanta was able to jump out to an early 17-0 lead thanks to 2 early Romeo interceptions. Atlanta would rely heavy on their short passing game and their big play ability as Julio Jones once again proved how dangerous he is taking a 10 yard out 55yds to paydirt.

Romeo would build back his confidence and cut the defecit to 17-10 at half, but that was as close as the score would get. Matt Ryan led the way with 15/22 244yds 1 TD. Roddy White finished with 93yds on 5 receptions. The Atlanta ground game was ineffective, with Best and Turner combing for 50yds on 21 carries, but it was enough to keep the Cowboys D honest.

Dallas's offense was able to move the ball, but the early 17-0 deficit was just too muchj to overcome. Romeo finished with 258yds 2 INT, Dmarco Murray rushed for 77yds, and Jason Whitten led all receivers with 7 receptions 125yds.

Wild Card Round
    Atlanta- 38
    Dallas- 7

This game was disconnected torwads teh end of the third with the above score. This game was all Falcons until the disconnect. The replay I just super simmed.

Many questioned the QB change in Dallas but for a rookie, Romeo played above expectations ffrom most experts. I think Romeo is maybe 2 seasons away from a serious Super bowl run (if we play that many more......)

Reserved. Will finish tonight.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

riveting

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Thanks, I thought the helmets were a nice touch. Yeah I couldn't access the box score from my cpu at work. Then got lazy and bummed about my meltdown game vs the Vikes.

Either way GG. Was Dez hurt, don't recall him playing in either game. I think if you get some WR depth this offseason Romeo will fare well.

• Like Like x 1