S2 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by bravejaf, Aug 21, 2012.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Ohio State 70
    Ohio 10

The Buckeyes had a good warm-up before the real competition begins in week 3. OSU started fast and the Bobcats had no answers for the Buckeyes spread attack. Miller threw 3 first quarter TD passes and finished the first half with 5 touchdowns. He did force a couple passes, which resulted in picks, but overall he performed well in this game. The starters were pulled at halftime with a 49-3 lead. Even the backups were able to get some scores in this game. QB #3 Cardale Jones engineered a couple touchdown drives in this game.

2. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Michigan opens up season with 48-14 win-

The new system was in full effect today as Michigan racked up 376 yards on the ground including 159 from back up running back Thomas Rawls. Fitzgerald Toussaint came into this game as one of the best backs in the country and early on he didnt disappoint. He took his 3rd carry on the year 40 yards to the house and he also took his first reception of the season 81 yards for a touchdown. Then he went down with an injury for the game. The game was never in doubt but losing him did hurt a bit as the back ups arent as explosive as he is. 3rd stringer Justice Hayes was another bright spot in the running game as he took both of his runs for touchdowns. The passing game is another story though as starting quarterback Devin Gardner wasnt very accurate at all going 4-10 with 107 yards and a touchdown but also two picks. He missed a couple recievers deep that would have been easy touchdowns but were overthrown by 10 and 15 yards. Coach said he is very happy with the big arm but if he cant be accurate that will be a problem later on.

The defense was on point today and that mostly because of Terrence Talbott who had a ncaa single game record 6 interceptions. it seemed that Central Michigan was trying to pick on him but he stepped up big, time and time again. Central Michigan ended the game with 8 interceptions. The run defense also played big only allowing 2 yards for the whole game.

Coach Dawgg had this to say after the game, " Overall i am happy with the team today. we knew we were the better team coming into this game but you still have to go out and execute and i feel we did that today. the passing game is going to have to get A LOT better if we are going to compete this season."

Next week Michigan will take on rival Notre Dame which is sure to be a huge game as it always is.

3. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

This is going to be more of a bitchy rant than a summary. If you have children... make sure they avert their eyes right about now.

ready?

Ok.

FUCK THIS MOTHER FUCKING GOD DAMN GAME! FUCK HEISMAN, TOO! THERE IS NO REASON FOR A GOD DAMN FUMBLE EVERY TIME MY GOD DAMN QB GETS HIT! And then I like the way you tease me.... make me think I'm actually in the game. Down 3 points midway through the fourth... MUFFED FUCKING PUNT! THEN LANKFORD RUNS AROUND LIKE HE LOST A GOD DAMN CONTACT LENS WHILE A FAT ASS UNC LINEMAN RUMBLES HIS WAY DOWN THE FUCKING FIELD (wheeling his oxygen tank behind him) TO DIVE ON A LOOSE FUCKING BALL THAT SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN!

Meanwhile, MY DEFENSE CAN'T FUCKING TACKLE!!! I SWEAR TO GOD THAT THE UNC HB HAD 16 BROKEN TACKLES. IT TOOK A MIRACLE FROM GOD TO GET HIS KNEE ON THE GOD DAMN GROUND!

THEN, the cherry on the cake. With the game won, UNC chooses to kick a field goal with one second left rather than let the clock run out. They did not need to select a play, but the BASTARDS decided to RUN THE FUCKING SCORE UP!!!!

I HATE THIS GOD DAMN GAME!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Cheez

I feel much better now. It's nice to get things off of your chest every once in a while. :)

5. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

You sir need alcohol in your life

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cheez

I was drunk when I played Arkansas

• Like Like x 1
  7. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Week 1

Nevada 14
    UCLA 38

For some reason I couldn't save a story for this game so I don't really remember what happened. It seems like this was something that the updated from last night fixed. The first half was tough and UCLA didn't play very good and then they took over in the second.

8. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Week 3

UCLA 19
    Ohio St. 7

I wouldn't call this a classic for sure. It was pretty ugly at times but, it was hard fought. Ohio St. came into the game 1-0 and UCLA was 1-1. UCLA had just come off a beat down by Mary-land ;) so they need to get this win. It was on the road in a very tough environment but, they did what they needed to win the game. The key to the game was TO's. Ohio St. had 5, the Bruins only had 2. Even the two they had didn't hurt as much as they could have.

The first half was a smash mouth type of game. I thought three yards and cloud of dust was a thing of the past but, it seems to be the way of this dynasty. LOL. UCLA controlled the ball for most of the first half. They got in the red zone twice but, had to settle for FG's both times. They were up 6-0 toward the end of the half and Ohio St. put together a nice drive and scored a TD to make it 7-6.

With little time left UCLA tried to conservatively see if they could make it into FG range but, Ohio St picked off a pass and now they had a chance to add to their score. Luckily the Bruins got a sack and the Buckeyes got nothing. The half ended 7-6 Ohio St.

The second half was about the same. Not much offense. The key play happened with 1:46 left in the third. Ohio St. QB Braxton Miller threw an int to CB Tevin McDonald and he took it 61 yards to the house. UCLA tried a two point conversion to get the score to 14 but, their RB doped a pass in the end zone. That made it 12 to 7 Bruins.

The forth quarter was mostly Ohio St. int's and UCLA running out the clock. The Bruins had a drive early on that lead to a nice screen pass to RB Malcolm Jones who broke two tackles on his way to a 23 yard TD. This sealed the deal. Good win for UCLA.

If you want to see highlights they are on the EA dynasty website or you can see them in our dynasty on the 360. Glad highlights will save again.

The player of the Game for UCLA was the Secondary. They had 5 int's and had great coverage all game long.

[​IMG] Ohio St
    [​IMG] UCLA
    1st Downs 10 12
    3rd down conversions 3/6 7/11
    4th down conversions 0/0 0/0
    Total offense 154 190
    Passing yards 86 145
    Completions/Attempts 7/19 16/20
    Yards Per Attempt 4.5 7.3
    Rushing yards 68 45
    Rushing Attempts 17 25
    Yard Per Rush 4 1.8
    Penalties-yards 0-0 0-0
    Turnovers 5 2
    Fumbles Lost 0 0
    Interceptions Thrown 5 2
    possession 9:09 18:51

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    MICH STATE- 31, VIRGINIA TECH- 14

---I figured this one to be a low scoring game but we actually came out and was pretty solid offensively....it was mostly our defense which stifled the Hokies offense. We picked off Logan Thomas 5 times on the game and made life difficult for their downfield passing game. Their freshman WR's found it tough but did make plays when they got into open space. K.Drummond was a demon, intercepting 3 passes himself as he was all over the field wrecking havoc.

Offensively, we really got some nice plays in chunks but I continue to see backup RB Nicholas Hill make plays at the RB position. Bell is a wrecking ball but he hasn't been able to get chunks of yardage and we may make a move to Hill as he had 90 yards on 9 carries and 53 yards receiving. Andrew Maxwell had a nice game despite the 2INT's he threw...he's been better of late with his decision making out there.

10. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Michigan 27 Florida State 7

in the first true test of the season for this Michigan team they wanted to show up and prove that they had what it takes to compete in this league and boy did they ever. this game was never in doubt as the running attack proved too much for the Seminole defense to contain. Michigan racked up 305 yards on the ground and averaged almost 10 yards per carry. two big runs by the quarterback set up easy scores. Toussaint added 105 yards of his own in his first significant action on the year. he still went down with n injury last. so far it hasnt cost game but it could later down the road if he continues to get hurt every game. the defense stepped up and played big foring 5 ints on the day. this Michigan secondary is fierce as they lead th nation in ints more than doubling the next closest. Next week they face #1 Oregon in a showdown of two powers.

11. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

E.Carolina 45 unc 41

This game is a freaking joke. ecu dominated my defense the first half with the no huddle offense(if anyone knows how to stop it, some pointers would be nice). I finally take control of the game with ball control and a timely interception to build a 41 to 31 lead with 1:17 left. ecu then drives down the field in 53 seconds to score a td, recover the onside kick(once again i have no idea how to recover an onside kick, any pointers on that would be nice as well), and score a td with 6 seconds left. Thats two tds in 18 seconds with NO timeouts. ball game over...... Very frustated right know.

12. charter04

charter04 Walk On

The biggest advice I can give is run more man to man 2 deep safeties. Mix it up but, this seems to be the defense that works best most of the time right now against the CPU. As far as onside kicks I just control one of the front players and hope for the best. LOL. Maybe go into practice mode and work on it.

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Week 4

OSU 26
    Maryland 3

Ohio State rebounded from its loss to UCLA with a hard fought victory over the Terrapins. This game was closer than the score indicates. A few fourth quarter picks by Maryland QB C.J. Brown allowed the Buckeyes to bad their lead. Neither offense was explosive in this game but OSU won the yardage battle 271-170. Both quarterbacks also played mediocre games, Brown threw 4 picks and Braxton Miller was picked off twice. The big difference between the quarterbacks was completion percentage, Miller completed 12 of 19 while Brown completed just 8 of 22 attempts. The other key for OSU was timely stops. Maryland was not able to run off many long drives and didn't allow many points even when Maryland got close. A missed field goal and a fumble cost Maryland some points. The gameball for this one goes to true freshman linebacker Maurice Fuller. He picked off 2 passes in the fourth quarter to preserve the OSU victory. On the offensive side, no player stands out from the crowd. Miller was involved with both touchdowns but lost 2 turnovers. The best offensive player for OSU was junior wide receiver Evan Spencer. He led the Buckeyes with 4 catches and 78 receiving yards. He also carried it once for 12 yards.

14. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

yea i would say on the no huddle stuff if they get a big play on ya bring the house the next play and get em for a loss because that will stop the no huddle. they dont run it on negative plays. at least i dont think they do lol

15. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Oregon 14 Michigan 30

It took a while for the Wolverine offense to get going but once it did there was no stopping it. couple that with an outstanding defensive effort and this game was a huge step to place Michigan back in national prominence. Oregon came out early after each team had their opening drives stall and put an 11 yard touchdown pass to open up the scoring at 7-0. Toussaint would finally hit his heisman stride in this game and would rally off a 36 yard touchdown run to tie the game at 7. Oregon not to be outdone would come down and make it a 14-7 game on an 8 yard td pass. Michigan would come right back 1 minute later and score on a huge 72 yard scamper up the middle by toussaint. at that point it was anyones game and it seemed whoever made the first mistake would pay the price and indeed they did as Oregon fumbled away one of their 5 turnovers of the game. Deanthony Thomas caught a ball on the outside and tried to turn up field to gain extra yards where he was absolutly demolished by safety Marvin Robinson and that killed all momentum that Oregon had and pretty much ended the day as Michigan would score again and rally off 16 un answered points for a 30-14 win

16. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

3-0 Duke @ #20 N. Carolina

unc started out on fire building a 14-0 lead early second behind the running of Bernard and the short passing game. Duke would break the momentum 14 seconds after unc's td on a 77 yard td run by HB Thompson. After a unc score duke would close to within 21-14 on a 8 yard td pass with 35 seconds left. halftime 21-14 unc. After recovering a fumble on the second half kickoff unc kicker moore(who earlier missed from 47 nailed a kick from 40 yards to put carolina on top 24-14. After back to back punts duke would put together another long drive to get within 24-21 late third. Unc would take advantage of there third forced turnover of the day to score on a 1 yard td run from Bernard with 3:56 left. 31-21 unc. Unc would force a three and out and run the clock down to 1:56 left when they would pin duke back inside there 20. Duke would then drive 80+ yards in 40 seconds to cut the lead to 31-28. with 1:15 left and down to 1 timeout, duke would be forced to try an onside kick. With coach tar heel controlling the front man the ball would be kicked hard off my hands, bounce off another guys leg and to the ground, where a duke player would dive on it around the 40. Duke would get inside my 40 with 42 seconds left when..............Carolina Safety Bunn would finally end the madness stepping in front of a crossing pass at there on 30 to intercept the ball and end the game. Carolina held on to win 31-28 thanks to a great defensive effort getting four turnovers, while the offense only lost it once.

Renner 20 of 27 270 yards 2 tds 1 pick
    Bernard 28 rushes 98 yards 1 td
    Morris 1 rush 6 yards 1 td
    Thorpe 4 catches 46 yards 1 td
    Tapley 4 catches 109 yards 1 td
    SS Boston 15 tackles 1 sack 1 fumble recovery
    CB Shankle 5 tackles 1 pick
    FS Bunn 5 tackles game saving pick

• Like Like x 1
  17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Ohio State 13
    Illinois 3

If you look at the box score for this game you may think Woody Hayes returned to coach OSU. This was either a very good defensive game or a terrible offensive game, depending on your point of view. The Buckeyes and Illiini combined for just 250 yards of offense. OSU led the way with a paltry 135 yards, most of that coming on the ground. Braxton Miller struggled mightily in this game, completing just 5 of 15 attempts for 53 yards. He was picked off twice. He also rushed for 0 yards on 9 carries. The only player worth a damn on the OSU offensive unit was HB Carlos Hyde. He rushed for 81 of the 135 OSU yards. He also caught one pass for 8 yards.

Illinois struggled to run the ball which led to a lot of 3rd and long conversions, and they were only able to convert 3 of the 11 3rd down conversions. Scheelhaase only turned the ball over 1 time, but it was a very costly mistake. Junion cornerback Adam Griffin picked off the pass and returned it for a TD. Bottom line, the OSU defense outscored Illinois team 7-3 and outscored the OSU offense 7-6. The offense will need to improve in the second half of the season or this could be another down year for the Buckeyes.

Cheez, this was a fun game despite the inept play from both offenses

18. Cheez

I'm used to it haha. gg man.

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Ohio State 29
    Minnesota 21

This game was a lot closer than predicted by most experts. The Gophers played a very impressive game given the roster talent gap and the Buckeyes' home field advantage. Minnesota opened the game with a 14-0 lead and that score remained through the first quarter. For the first two drives the Buckeyes' defense had no answers for the Gophers' offense. OSU answered back in second quarter with a pair of TD passes from Braxton Miller. The Buckeyes' QB still struggled in this game but he did throw 3 TD passes. The Gophers still lead 17-14 at half but the OSU defense stepped up its performance in the second half. OSU took the lead in the third quarter with Miller's third TD pass. The defense forced a couple turnovers and a safety to preserve the win.

20. charter04

charter04 Walk On

UCLA 28
    Utah 38

Not much of a game summary. I knew I was due for a, CPU is going to beat you no matter what game, and this was it. When they wanted and int they got. When they need a first down they got. when they need a long run they got it. The CPU wanted me to lose and they got it. lol. Very frustrating but, it wasn't the first time I beat by a sports game in a cheating fashion, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Player of the game: The AI system :mad:

21. charter04

charter04 Walk On

PS Utah's Kelvin York must be the AI version of Walter Payton and Earl Campbell combined.

20-173 8.6 yrds per 3 TD's 43 YAC 20+:2 BTK-4 (had to have been more than that!)

He was unstoppable. Switched tackle game plan to conservative didn't matter to him. He just kept on breaking tackles.

22. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I will try to write a full recap later if I get time, probably on my lunch break. For now here is very brief synopsis. Down 10 with 1:30 left in the game. Score a TD on first play from scrimmage after going down 10 but have no timeouts left. Somehow manage to recover the onside kick but can only get a game tying field goal. The game goes to OT and both teams manage a field goal in OT #1. Wisconsin had the ball last and came very close to winning the game on that drive. The next drive Wisconsin's QB is picked off and Doran Grant returns for a TD, ball game.

23. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Man that Utah team is no joke. They had a nasty ASS passing attack when I played them and I was like dam no matter what I did on defense they seemed to have an answer for it in their passing game. I think they knocked off Oregon as well.

24. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Ohio State 49
    Penn State 23

This was easily the Buckeye's best offensive performance of the season. OSU finished with 553 yards offense and did not punt once in the game. The only time OSU had the ball and did not score was an interception by backup QB Kenny Guiton. Starting QB Braxton Miller had a near perfect game. He completed 21 of 22 passes for 330 yards and 2 touchdown passes. Miller also added 45 yards on the ground and a TD. Miller spread out the passes, completing passes to 8 different players in this game. Evan Spencer led the team with 118 yards and 2 TD. Carlos Hyde also had a huge game with 126 yards and 2 TD. On defense OSU struggled to stop the Penn State attack but did a good job minimizing damage. The Nittany Lions were forced to kick 3 field goals in the first half. The game ball on the defensive side goes to MLB Curtis Grant. He tied for the team lead with 5 solo tackles and picked off a pass. Safety Corey "Pittsburgh" Brown also picked off a pass.

25. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

North Carolina 38 Virginia 35

Tough back and forth game for the defenses as there were only two punts(both by virginia) all game.

Virginia started off on fire as they picked off two first half passes that led to tds as the cavs jumped out in front 21-7. A late unc td and a strong defensive stop kept the score 21-14 virginia at half. Both teams added tds in the third and virginia still led 28-21 early fourth. Unc would take advantage of an interception to score two tds and grab a 35 28 lead with 1:47 left. As expected, virginia drove down the field in just over a minute to tie the game. Virginia scored to quickly however, and unc had just enough time to win on a last second 43 yard field goal. The speed played the same to me. I didnt notice any difference. unc QB renner was the player of the game throwing for 400 yards and 4 tds. With Both Bernard and morris injured for the next three weeks, third string HB Blue managed 71 yards on 19 carries and a td. unc improved to 6-2(3-2) and broke a 2 game losing streak.