(S2) Promotion/Relegation Update

Discussion in 'TSL: Tradition Soccer League' started by RedAL925, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

A weekly look at the Promotion/Relegation battle in the TFL SERIE.

A reminder of how Pro/Rel works in the TFL SERIE:

- The bottom two teams from Serie A will be relegated to Serie B.
    - The 10th place team will play a one-game playoff with the loser of the Serie B promotion playoff. If the Serie B team wins this match, they are promoted and the Serie A team is relegated. If the Serie A team wins this this match, they remain in Serie A and the Serie B team remains in Serie B.
    - The top team in Serie B will earn automatic promotion to Serie A.
    - The 2nd and 3rd place team will play a one-game playoff to determine the second promotion spot. The loser of this game will play a one-game playoff with the 10th place team in Serie A. The winner of this match earns promotion.

2. RedAL925

As of 8.18.11

SERIE A:
    Halfway through the season, there seem to be 4 legitimate title contenders. CSKA Moscow (10 GP, 25 pts) had been on cruise control, until a 5-2 thrashing by LOSC Lille (10, 21) brought the Russians back to the pack. Lazio (11, 19) and Everton (10, 18) are lurking, waiting for the top 2 to slip up. Middling clubs VfL Wolfsburg (11, 15), disappointing defending champions Hamburger SV (10, 14), and Bolton (10, 13) figure to be safe from the relegation battle as well.

That leaves 5 clubs battling to stay in Serie A for another season. Fulham (10, 11) are in 8th place and at the moment are not threatened by the drop zone, but a bad run of form could change that. Athletic Club (9, 8) are in 9th, just one point ahead of Sunderland (11, 7) in the dreaded 10th-place pro/rel playoff spot. Those 2 games in hand for Bilbao will be key in seeing that they stay in Serie A. Both Palermo (5, 5) and Birmingham City (11, 4) are in danger of automatic relegation. The Italians have many games in hand to change their season, but Birmingham City, despite being a tough out, look to be headed to Serie B.

SERIE B:
    It is all about promotion in Serie B, and boy is it shaping up to be a great race. Eight points separate first-place FC Schalke 04 (12 GP, 24 pts) from 10th-place Napoli (11, 16). There are plenty of chasers, with West Ham (13, 21), Sampdoria (11, 20) and Besiktas (11, 20) having the best shot at clinching a promotion spot. Not far behind are Newcastle (11, 18), Spartak Moscow (11, 18) and Udinese (11, 17). Any of those teams could steal a playoff spot with a good run of form in the league. A trio of 16-point squads round out the chase, and while Santos FC, Werder Bremen, and Napoli aren't entirely out of the chase, they'll need to turn on the jets in order to make a serious challenge. Only two teams, Fiorentina (11, 4) and VfB Stuttgart (11, 0) can be counted out thus far.

IF THE SEASON ENDED TODAY:
    Automatic Promotion: FC Schalke 04
    Automatic Relegation: Palermo, Birmingham City
    Promotion Playoff: West Ham vs Sampdoria
    Relegation Playoff: Sunderland vs West Ham/Sampdoria loser

3. RedAL925

As of 8.30.11

SERIE A: With Bolton (19 pts, 15 GP) and VfL Wolfsburg (19, 12) out of danger for now, 5 teams are in real danger of landing in the drop zone at the end of the season. 8th-place Athletic Club (15, 13) and 9th-place Birmingham City (13, 14) are safe at this point, but are not far above 10th-place Fulham (12, 13). Sunderland (7, 13) are 11th and almost assured a drop to Serie B, while last-place Palermo (5, 8) have many games in hand to climb up the table.

SERIE B: A few weeks after the last update and there are still no clear favorites for promotion in Serie B. 9th-place Napoli (19, 15) are fading fast, but not out yet. Spartak Moscow (29, 16) are top of the table, but seven (yes, seven) teams are hot on the trail. Newcastle (28, 15), Serie B top scorers, are making a late push for promotion, while Besiktas (25, 15) and FC Schalke 04 (25, 14) are not far behind. Sampdoria (23, 13) have games in hand to climb back to the top of the table, while Werder Bremen (23, 15), Udinese (22, 15), and West Ham (22, 15) could do the same with a late season hot streak.

Automatic Promotion: Spartak Moscow
    Automatic Relegation: Sunderland, Palermo
    Promotion Playoff: Newcastle vs Besiktas
    Relegation Playoff: Fulham vs Newcastle/Besiktas loser

4. RedAL925

UPDATE:

As we try to find more members to create the Serie C, there WILL be relegation from Serie B. At the end of the season, the bottom two teams will be relegated from Serie B to the new Serie C, so we can create a 12-10-10 structure.

In addition, since hedache has decided to sit out our first season in FIFA12, there will be a special set of rules this season regarding pro/rel:
    - The 12th-place team from Serie A will be automatically relegated to Serie B
    - The top two teams from Serie B will be automatically promoted to Serie A
    - The pro/rel playoff will be played between the 11th-place team in Serie A against the 3rd-place team in Serie B.

5. RedAL925

As of 9.8.11

SERIE A: The relegation battle has become a 4 team affair, but only 2 are really in danger of the drop. Both Fulham (15 pts, 16 GP) and Birmingham City (15, 18) look poised to stay in Serie A for another season. Sunderland (7, 16) and Palermo (5, 12) are trying to stay ahead of one another to avoid the automatic drop. Whichever team does so will surely face a tough test against Serie B's 3rd-place side. Bolton, having lost their manager, will be relegated at the end of the season as well.

SERIE B: My head hurts every time I look at the Serie B table. Each week, a new team climbs to the top of the table. This week, FC Schalke 04 (35, 19) are leading the way, with Spartak Moscow (34, 19) and Sampdoria (33, 17) close behind. Besiktas (32, 20) and Newcastle (31, 17) could still sneak their way into a promotion spot with a couple wins to close out the season. The second tier of teams that were chasing the leaders seem to have faded, with Udinese (26, 18), West Ham (26 pts) and Werder Bremen (25, 19) falling off the pace. Fiorentina (7, 18) seems destined for Serie C, while VfB Stuttgart lost their manager and will be automatically relegated.

Automatic Promotion: FC Schalke 04, Spartak Moscow
    Automatic Relegation: *Bolton, Palermo, Fiorentina, *VfB Stuttgart
    Relegation Playoff: Sunderland vs Sampdoria
    * - no manager, auto relegation

6. kaptainkracker1

kaptainkracker1 Walk On

Man I hope I survive this horrible season I'm having. Fulham have some good players that just transferred in and Bryan Ruiz will allow me to play a formation that suits my style better. I'm looking forward to our third season.

7. RedAL925

As of 9.16.11 noon ET

It's deadline day in the TFL SERIE, let's see where we stand:

SERIE A: There will be a new champion of Serie A this season. Everton (47 pts) have wrapped up their campaign, and now await the results of CSKA Moscow's (43 pts, 19 GP) 3 games in hand. Lazio (42, 21) could finish no higher than 2nd place. At the bottom of the table, 9th-place Fulham (25, 21) have managed to stay up, and it looks like 10th-place Birmingham City (15, 20) will do the same. Sunderland (7, 20) and Palermo (6, 19) are bottom of the table at this point. Whichever team can hold on to 11th place will have a lifeline via the Relegation Playoff. The other team goes down.

SERIE B: Newcastle (37 pts, 20 GP) are the leaders right now, with Spartak Moscow (35) right behind. FC Schalke (35, 19) have enough games in hand to leapfrog both teams ahead of them and avoid the Relegation Playoff, as does 5th-place Sampdoria (33, 17). Besiktas (35) are in 4th and have missed out on promotion despite a valiant effort. At the other end of the table, Fiorentina (7, 18) have guaranteed a drop to Serie C along with the vacated VfB Stuttgart club.

IF THE SEASON ENDED TODAY (which it does):
    Automatic Promotion: Newcastle, Spartak Moscow
    Automatic Relegation: Palermo, Fiorentina
    Automatic Relegation*: Bolton, VfB Stuttgart
    Relegation Playoff: Sunderland vs FC Schalke 04
    * - no manager

8. When should I know my opponent so I can schedule this game? I wanna get rid of 11 so I can use that money towards 12

9. RedAL925

I don't think anyone played tonight so right now it would be Spartak Moscow. Everything will be finalized tomorrow morning

10. RedAL925

• Like Like x 1
  11. snake3249

snake3249 Walk On

UcanHateMeNow

hey whens a good time for you? i can get on at 8pm est on tuesday and wednesday. or im free at that time on friday and maybe saturday

12. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

phewww..... Looks like I made it.

Are we going to have an option to redraw teams again?

13. snake3249

Tuesday I don't get off of work till 8pm est so the earliest I can play after the drive home and dinner is going to be 9pm est. Can't do Wednesday as I have a soccer game at 9pm est so I'm usually out the house by 8pm est.

14. RedAL925

yes there will be another team draft for FIFA 12

15. snake3249

snake3249 Walk On

sweet i can be on all night on tuesday

16. Sent you a message on PS3 but I've yet to get a response. I will be up late so just reply here when you can play. Gonna watch Star Wars with my kids

17. snake3249

snake3249 Walk On

hey sorry was watchin tv. il come on ps3 now

18. Sunderland 1 vs Spartak Moskva 0
    6 Shots 10
    3 SOT 3
    45% Possession 55%
    14 Tackles 5
    3 Fouls 0
    0 :yellowcard: 0
    0 :redcard: 0
    2 Corners 1

:goal: Muntari 43'​

GG snake3249 and game could have gone either way.​

19. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

Ohhhh Dude, I was hoping that you could make it to the Serie A , Snake!!! You sure will have guaranteed 6 points next season :) .

20. snake3249

snake3249 Walk On

haha iv had the WORST end to the season. havnt been able to do anything in the last 6 games >.<

21. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

I think Sunderland should play another playoff game aganist 4th spot team in Serie B :) . I can't believe that the teams I lost twice ( Roger , Snake and Mustang ) are still in Serie B. I was kind of hoping Snake and Mustang to get out of Serie B :) Next season will be rough for me since I'm gonna have to get used to a new team. I will look in to dropped teams , but black and white colour teams will have the priority for new contract signing .

22. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

Nice!! Congrats Sunderland. 1 game playoff for relegation, Stakes are High!! Good job

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.