S2/W1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Its finally here, sorry was busy at work this afternoon-- long story.

Ghost
    fuzzyl0gic
    BPHusker
    Steamer43
    sawemoff
    -Cougars-
    Philstyle3005
    Kapono

Weeks 2 and 3 are byes for everybody- so be ready to cruise through those too. If you guys have access to the dynasty wire site I would like to knock both out in one day..

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Son of a bitch.. I accidently deleted my whole summary...

I won 34-31 against Georgia. Godamit that was a good summary too... :(

Had some freshman on offense come up big a couple times, and my senior receiver should be a name to watch. New QB struggled early but really settled in and ran the option offense well-- new power back will be good good too!

Hopefully this is the last time I accidently delete a 4 paragraph game summary..

3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Toledo 41
    #20 Miami 17

Toledo picked off Miami QB Stephen Morris on the 1st play of the game and returned it inside the 20. On their second play, QB Terrance Owens found the endzone to take a 7-0 lead. MLB Dan Molls had 9 tackles in the 1st half alone on his way to an 18-tackle day. Up 14-3, Toledo had the ball and was looking to take a huge lead late in the 2nd, when Owens fumbled an option pitch which was returned 70 yards for a UM score, bringing the Toledo lead to 14-10 at half. But then Toledo ran away with it behind Owens’ arm. Owens ran for a score and threw for 2 in the 3rd quarter and they took a commanding 35-10 lead. Not much happened in the 4th quarter and Toledo gets out of Miami with a statement win.

Terrance Owens (QB)- 17-34 for 336 yards, 3 TD, INT, 15 carries for 40 yards, 2 TD
    David Fluellen (HB)- 9 carries for 32 yards
    Jimmy Davidson (WR)- 4 receptions for 123 yards, 2 TD
    Cordale Scott (WR)- 2 receptions for 105 yards, TD
    Dan Molls (MLB)- 18 tackles, 6 TFL, 2 sacks, FF

4. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Ball State Gets Upset Win Behind Powerful Running Game

Ball State 31
    #13 South Carolina 13

South Carolina and their fans didn't know what hit them Saturday afternoon. After USC kicked a FG to make it 3-0, Ball State turned it on and behind a Williams and Edwards running attack, rammed it down the Gamecock's throats (LOL...). Edwards took it in from 1 yard out to give BSU the lead at 7-3. On the ensuing drive, Ball State forced SC to punt which set up another Edwards TD to go up 14-3. With 4 minutes left in the half USC got another FG on the board to pull within 8 at 14-6. Ball State was able to get in range for a FG behind Williams' legs and Wenning's arm. Kovanda kicked it in as time expired to take a 17-6 lead into the half.

The second half was more of the same as Williams scored again to go up 24-6. USC bounced right back as Shaw hooked up with Moore for a 62 yard TD on a broken coverage. Williams added another early in the 4th to go up 31-13. Both USC and BSU couldn't do anything the rest of the game and BSU got their first upset of a top 25 team in years.

Williams finished with 168 yards and 2 TDs, while Edwards had 49 yards and 2TDs. The defense played the best game of the BP era, snatching 3 INTs and forcing 2 fumbles, recovering one. The defensive line also made 4 sacks.

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

From now on you get the #1,2, and 3 team every OOC schedule...

6. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Ha fine. But its just Miami

7. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Bowling Green Holds on to Season Opening Upset

Bowling Green - 28
    Iowa - 23

Coming off a rough 3-9 season, The Bowling Green Falcons headed into Iowa with hopes to turn things around in 2012. But optimism ended quickly when a strong first drive ended in an interception, and two plays later, Iowa's Marcus Coker ran directly behind his lead blocker for the entire 66 yard touchdown run. But Junior college transfer Chris Christian helped give the Falcons hope by blocking the extra point. The inspired Bowling Green offense went 69 yards in 8 plays, capped off by a 34 yard touchdown pass to senior WR Jeron Stockes who juked past two defenders into the end zone to take a 7-6 lead. On the ensuing possession, Iowa booted a 52 yard field goal, but it was all Falcons for the rest of the half. Bowling Green led a 4 minute 10 play drive capped off with a 1 yard TD by Pettigrew to retake the lead. An Iowa interception would give Bowling Green another shot to score with 52 seconds left just 24 yards out from the end zone. QB Schilz found true freshman tight end Maurice Green for a 9 yard touchdown to give them a shocking 21-9 lead going into half.

It wouldn't take long for Bowling Green to extend their lead, forcing an Iowa 3-n-out, followed by a 23 yard TD run by Pettigrew to give BGSU a commanding 28-9 lead with 4:20 remaining in the 3rd quarter. Iowa kicked into gear facing a 19 point deficit to the lowly Bowling Green Falcons and answered within 2 minutes with a 12 yard touchdown run to cut the lead to 28-16. On the first play of the fourth quarter with the Falcons knocking at the red zone, Iowa sacked Schilz and forced a fumble to retake possession. The Hawkeyes would go on a 15 play touchdown drive to cut the lead to 28-23 with 4:44 remaining. Iowa would hold the Bowling Green offense just outside of field goal range to force a punt and one last chance to win with 1:46 remaining. It took just 5 quick plays for Iowa to go 72 yards in 36 seconds. Iowa made it 3rd and inches at the 3 yard line, but Bowling Green forced two incomplete passes to force a turnover on downs and take a knee to walk away with the win.

Key Players

BGSU:

HB John Pettigrew: 21 car, 118 yards, 2 TDs
    QB Matt Schilz: 14-22, 201 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs

Iowa:

HB Marcus Coker: 17 car, 151 yards, 2 TDs
    CB B.J. Lowery 4 tackles, 2 INTs

8. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Kapono
    Dan Molls (MLB)- 18 tackles, 6 TFL, 2 sacks, FF
    Please tell me this guy goes to Miami lol

9. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Western Michigan 38
    Boise St. 21

The Western Michigan Broncos pick up a solid road win in pretty easy fashion, defeating the Boise St. Broncos to open up the season. Western Michigan started the game with an option at the 1 yard line where Alex Carder pitched the ball to Tevin Drake for the easy touchdown. Boise St. would answer with a 28 yard touchdown strike where the slot man out ran the coverage. The Broncos would score quick though with a 58 yard pass from Alex Carder and then would hold Boise to a punt. Carder would take the ball on a scramble at the 5 yard line and fumble right at the out of bounds line when trying to get out of bounds, but just couldn't make it. Boise St. would take over from there. (Carder would have two fumbles inside the 5 yard line on the day which really could have made this game a blow out had he of held onto the ball) Boise would score to end the half to tie the game 14-14. In the 3rd quarter though, the Broncos would begin to roll scoring 14 unanswered points on passes from Carder. Carder would throw one more touchdown pass in the 4th quarter to give WMU a 21 point lead with 3 minutes to go. Boise would answer with a long drive with just over 2 minutes, but Western Michigan would add a field goal and get a 4th down stop to kneel the ball out and end the game. Carder would end the game with 358 yards and 3 touchdowns but did throw 1 interception early on. The problem this season will be the lineman blocking up front as it seemed Carder was faced with pressure every play.

10. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

15 solo, 3 assisted. And no he goes to Toledo :) . This guy is a monster but a good chunk of his tackles and 1 sack came because Miami had a scrambling qb.

11. Ghost

ok ok lol I see Wagner has some competition this year

12. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]
    Miami(OH) Downs Clemson

To keep short, sweet and simple a picture can tell a thousands words but the one above only shows one thing. The Miami(OH) defense caroled the speedy offense of the Clemson offense. It did help that Coach Saw use to be the Head Coach at Clemson and still knew their tendencies and players. Tiger RB Andre Ellington fumbled the ball three times and lost two of them. The first occurred in the 1st Quarter just after RB Erik Finklea scored his first TD of the day from 9 yards out. As the video showed from the EA Dynasty site, MLB Luke Kelly was playing the backside just in case Ellington decided to cutback but once he saw RE Wes Williams slow him down he pursued. He shot through the gap and was able to punch the ball out from behind. LE CJ Marck would recover it and take it inside the 25 yard line. The Redhawks would just give it right back when QB Zac Dysert threw an interception to MLB Corico Hawkins. Dysert knew right away it was a mistake and from the viewing you saw that he stared down his target for an easy pick. Clemson QB Taj Boyd was marching his team down field but fumbled after taking a vicious hit from All American DT Kelvin Jackson. Clemson recovered but it wound up stall the drive out. Being pinned on their own 25 yard line Dysert threw his first TD of the season. Both Clemson safeties blitzed leaving a one on one with a LB. Dysert took advantage of it by lofting it over OLB Tony Steward's head and Culpepper did the rest. Up 14-0 after the 1st Quarter Made fans and players really joyful but in the 2nd they would be singing a different tune. Things started off with a 67 yard screen pass to Ellington to cut the score in half. Then Dysert would throw his second pick of the game to SS Jonathan Meeks. Clemson would capitalize a few minutes later with a 21 yard FG. As both teams started to figure each other out Clemson held Finklea in check and then gave him a mild concussion forcing him to miss the rest of the game. With a minute left in the half both Miami(OH) and Clemson would put in a FG, leaving it 17-13 Miami(OH).​
    Clemson would receive the ball first but tragedy would strike immediately. WR Sammy Watkins caught a curl route but as he turned around the little engine that could CB Trey Payne absolutely put a lickin' on him popping the ball loose. Counterpart Demetrious Quarles would recover it giving the Redhawks great field position. Neither team was able to do much more in the 3rd Quarter. With Finklea out the running game was anemic and with the Miami defenders knocking people's heads off Clemson couldn't hang on to the ball. With a 1:13 left Freshman Chrishawn Dupuy hit the hole hard and was untouched the entire 11 yards. IT was setup by the superior blocking from FB Semmes, RG Matthews, and RT Harvey. The upset was no longer a dream now, going into the 4th Quarter with an 11 point lead meant Big Mo was on their side. Miami QB Dysert would find WR David Frazier for an easy 6 yard score to open up the 4th. After forcing another punt the other Redhawk RB Orne Bey would break loose and score from 30 yards out sealing shut the coffin. The Miami defense played spectacular and to finish things up LE CJ Marck would strip Ellington and recover it to finish the game with a great victory.​
    FINAL SCORE: 38-13
    PLAYER OF THE GAME: LE CJ Marck- 2 Solo Tackles, 1 ATK, 2 TFL, 2 Sacks, 2 FRec

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

-Cougars- Ghost and fuzzyl0gic are left to play. Hopefully we can get these done tonight and roll though these bye weeks as I'm bored as shit and would like to start playing my games sooner than later.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ghost

playing now

15. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I am done.

16. Ghost

lol Kasper
    I lost 67-80 to Missouri
    My Defense is some ASS!!!!!!!
    yoooooo.png smh.png
    WOWW.png

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  17. Ghost

I'll post when im done recruiting

18. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

You scored 43 in the 4th Quarter???? :eek: & :confused: at the same time

19. Ghost

lol yea I realized i couldn't runt he ball because my O line Sucks so when i started passing, my Qb and WR's were just in SYNC, but too bad my defense sucks.

20. Ghost

Done recruiting

21. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Kasper all games and recruiting are done. You might want to transfer commish to fuzzy and we might be able to get 2 12-hour advances in

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

you might want to go fuck yourself and let me advance it from the interwebs

edit: :)

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

that's fucking stupid

• Like Like x 1
  24. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

oh yeah I forgot you can sit around on your phone all day at work lol

25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

lmao-- not quite man. but I do get to check it a couple times every hour.