S2/W1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

aarondramp fuzzyl0gic Philstyle3005 BPHusker Kapono Steamer43 sreese dj illmatic 23 -Cougars- hornfaninbama

We're off and running fellas. All CPU games so 48 hours - Advance by Wednesday afternoon/early evening.

Welcome to Week 1!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Navy Midshipmen (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Midshipmen travel to Chestnut Hill to face the Boston College Eagles (0-0).

=============== Air Force Falcons (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Falcons travel to Las Vegas to face the UNLV Rebels (0-0).

=============== Louisville Cardinals (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cardinals travel to Lexington to face the Kentucky Wildcats (0-0).

=============== San Diego State Aztecs (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Aztecs are idle.

=============== #25 Houston Cougars (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cougars travel to Lubbock to face the Texas Tech Red Raiders (0-0).

=============== Connecticut Huskies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Huskies travel to Syracuse to face the Syracuse Orange (0-0).

=============== USF Bulls (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Bulls will host Mississippi State (0-0).

=============== Fresno State Bulldogs (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Reno to face the Nevada Wolf Pack (0-0).

=============== #23 SMU Mustangs (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Mustangs travel to Berkeley to face the Cal Golden Bears (0-0).

=============== Temple Owls (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Owls will host Memphis (0-0).

=============== #18 Rutgers Scarlet Knights (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Scarlet Knights travel to Clemson to face the Clemson Tigers (0-0).

2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Kasper you really need to try and give me a 12 game schedule one of these seasons.

3. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Kasper do we all have 11 game schedules? Noticed I did and just looked at 2 other teams quickly and saw the same.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Every team gets two byes right? I checked everyone and thats how it was- I wonder if the custom conference we made is affecting it? I tried to not edit any bye weeks this year to make sure I didnt mess it up like last season..

EDIT: I see there is a third bye at week 14-- I dont think it should have three byes by default?

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Apologies for the scheduling error folks- now that I know it is built in I will make sure it doesn't happen anymore.

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Air Force Notches Opening Win vs UNLV 34-6

The Falcons were slow to get this one started, as new QB Jovan Alford fumbled on his first carry, and threw an INT on his first throw which allowed the Rebles to get an early 6-0 lead with a pair of 26 yard field goals. Alford ended the day 4-8 for 97 yards and an INT; on the ground he put together 19 yards on 6 attempts with sacks factored in. JUCO transfer safety Jason Donaldson got his Air Force squad amped with a 100 yard kick return after the second field goal which completely turned the game around. The defense came alive and the offense finally sparked. Air Force would add a field goal from David Baska late in the fourth, and after a great defensive possession, would tack on a TD by Broam Hart from 2 yards out with 8 seconds left on the clock heading into halftime.

The first possession of the third quarter by Air Force saw a great drive get capped off by an 11 yard Anthony LaCoste run. The senior was expected to be a leader on offense this year and he is showing it; he racked up 55 yards on 8 attempts with his TD. Baska would tack on another field goal before the third quarter ended, and true freshman QB Andrew Weaver would run a nice triple option in for a 17 yard score in the fourth quarter after leading a nice looking drive. Many after the game brought up the quarterback situation after the game.

"Jovan [Alford] is our guy," stated Coach Kasper. "He looked to be a tad nervous to start the game which is to be expected when a guy is taking his first few snaps for a team. Andrew [Weaver] looked good during his time, but it is hard to compare it since Andrew came in once the game was sort of decided. That is not to take away anything, as he looked great leading that drive. Hey, if nothing else I can faithfully say we are solid at the QB position- no matter who we choose."

Jovan Alford commented after the game as well.

"Ha, yeah I definitely had some butterflied in my stomach today," noted the sophomore. "It wasn't a scared nervousness or anything, just an inner drive to perform well for my team mates. I wanted to show why I was chosen as the starter and go out and make some plays- I just need to let the game come to me. I think I settled in just fine after the initial flurry."

Air Force will head to Boulder, CO to take on the Buffaloes next week.

7. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Louisville 45
    Kentucky 16

Kentucky did not give Teddy Bridgewater and his Louisville squad much of a fight in Lexington. UK threw a pick on their 1st play and 1 play later, Bridgewater hit his true freshman FB on a spider-2 wide banana for a score from 4 yards out giving Young a TD reception on his first play on the field in college after coming in as a 1-star FB. Bridgewater was lights out all game and Kentucky's offense looked awful. Not much to report here, but Louisville did play much better with Bridgewater than they had last season, and although the defense lost some skill, they showed they can make plays and force turnovers. UL led 45-16 at the end of the 3rd and coasted in the 4th.

Check out Eli Rogers sweet TD catch on the wire. Bridgewater get the throw off right before getting hit and Rogers makes a 1-handed catch as the ball just got over the defenders head.

Teddy Bridgewater (QB)- 12-18 for 247 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT, 9 carries for 35 yards, TD
    Dominique Brown (HB)- 10 carries for 63 yards, TD
    Cory Lamb (HB)- 6 carries for 50 yards
    Michalee Harris (WR)- 2 receptions for 83 yards, TD
    Eli Rogers (WR)- 3 receptions for 47 yards, TD
    Devante Parker (WR)- 2 receptions for 40 yards, TD
    Mike Privott (MLB)- 12 tackles, 6 TFL, sack
    Jordan Whiting (OLB)- 5 tackles, INT, FF

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Idk why it bugs me but it does: would you guys care if I made my players weigh less (mostly lineman)? The reason I ask is IRL Air Force (and other service academies) don't have 300 pound guys running around the field -- ever. It won't affect how they play and I won't touch heights. I assume most of the answers will be "whatever floats your boat douchebag" so ya...

The guys off the original roster file don't have a lineman over 260- hope you guys are cool with it.

9. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

USF's Winning Ways Continue Into 2013

South Florida 43
    Mississippi St 23

USF's defense played lights out after they finally woke up 3 minutes into the 2nd quarter, making 4 INTs, 2 were returned for touchdowns. MSU got on the board first with 2 FGs after huge lapses by the USF defense gave them redzone chances. Luckily USF's defense tightened up. USF Freshman TE Ismael Kelly stunned the USF crowd and everyone associated with MSU when he used his height to jump up and catch a pass over a MSU defender. Following the catch he looked like he was going to be caught, but he shrugged the corner off like he was nothing and reeled in a 87 yard TD. Miss St bounced back in the 2nd half, scoring quite easily to take the lead 13-7. They scored again after USF's Eveld threw a horrible pass deep in their own territory. Up 20-7, USF fans were thinking here we go again, but that didn't happen. Eveld led them down the field and hooked up with WR Mitchell for a short TD pass. On the next drive, USF's defense came alive and LB Jeune intercepted a Russell pass and returned it 81 yards for a TD. Just like that USF grabbed the lead back 21-20.

The 2nd half was more of the same, except the USF offense made some great plays. USF's backup RB Shaw scored from 4 yards out on their first drive of the quarter to add to their lead 28-20. MSU was able to get into FG range again following a bad Eveld interception, but the defense held once again and only gave up a FG. On the next USF drive, Eveld moved the Bulls down the field finishing with a Lindsey run from 4 yards out. Eveld hooked up with Kelly for the 2pt conversion to take a 13 point lead. On the next play following the kickoff, MSU QB Russell made another errant throw, getting intercepted by CB Robinson. He returned it 27 yards for the score. Mississippi State threw a final pick in the back of the endzone late in the game and USF ran out the clock.

Players of the Game:
    TE - FR - Ismael Kelly - 3 receptions - 137 yards, 1 TD - 2pt Conv reception
    LE - SO - Aaron Lynch - 4 tackles, 2 sacks
    MLB - SR - Mike Jeune - 7 tackles, 1 INT, 1TD

10. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Rutgers Sneaks Out of Death Valley
    Scarlet Knights Win 27-20

Clemson, SC- Rutgers got big games and plays from their stars to eek out a come from behind win in Clemson on Saturday. Down 14-10 at halftime and again 20-19 in the 4th Rutgers rallied to steal a tough game on the road in a very tough stadium to play in.

The defense set the tone on the 1st snap of the game by bringing down Clemson's QB for a sack. That led to a 3 and out and a 10 play 52 yard TD drive capped by Jawan Jamison scoring from 2 yards out. The teams traded 3 and outs before Clemson's RB broke a 59 yard run for a TD on a SG counter play (a play I thought was broken and always resulted in a 4 yard loss) to tie the score. Rutgers again went 3 and out before Mike Bellamy broke off a 47 yard jet sweep for a TD. Rutgers was able to get on the board again on a 25 yard FG by the kicker.

Rutgers opened the scoring in the second half with a 31 yard FG to get within 1. The defense again came up big forcing a 3 and out to get the offense back on the field. This time it was a quick drive with Savon Huggins takin a read option 34 yards for a TD. The Knights tried for 2 and Brandon Coleman dropped a jumpball fade to keep the Knights within reach for Clemson.

In the 4th Clemson scored to go up 20-19 before being stopped on an option. The defense was very excited that they were able to keep the game within reach for the offense, but didn't know thy they'd have I come up big again before the game was over.

The Scarlet Knights began to move the ball on their next drive before Clemson stuffed a 3rd down conversion forcing a punt. The strength of the defense showed on the next drive as they forced a big loss on 1st down, nearly came up with a fumble on second and swatted a 3rd down pass incomplete. Jeremy Deering almost lost his scholarship on the ensuing punt as he muffed it and almost gave up possession and the ball game. Luckily Clemson recovered an began a long drive to the end zone.

On the first snap Nova hit RS Fr Caroo for a 48 yard gain to put the ball in FG range. Huggins carried for 3 yards, Nova hit Shuler for 7 yards and a 1st down, Nova got the ball to 2nd and goal from the 7 before the coach sent in a WR option play. Nova hit Pratt right in stride and he walked in for a TD and 5 point lead. Rutgers again attempted a 2pt conversion and this time Coleman hung on for a 7 point lead.

Clemson had to punt on the next possession and the Knights ran the clock to :11 seconds before punting. The Tigers missed on both passes to seal the game.

Coach Jenkins was extremely proud of his defense saying, "We kept them in check pretty well, if you take out the Long scores we gave up around 200 yards on the day. We will work on wrapping up in practice this week because we should have brought the ball carrier down on both of those TD's. If we wrap up there we don't have to sweat it out at the end. I was also proud of the way our offense fought all game. Clemson has a very good defense, and our guys fought and clawed all game long to win this one. We showed heart, determination, and grit that I didn't know we'd have this early in the season."

Players of the Game
    Offense
    Jawan Jamison: 22 carries 96 yards 1 TD 2 catches 33 yards
    Defense
    Jamil Merrill 6 tackles, 4 solo, 4 for loss, 1 Sack
    Darius Hamilton 2 tackles, 2 sacks
    Highlights on the site.

11. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Well after the Midshipmen make the transistion into the Air Raid they need better receivers and a better offensive line. The Midshipmen traveled to New Jersey to take on Boston College and Boston College looked like superstars out there thanks to my receivers falling and my offensive line not being able to hold a damn block for shit. The Boston College forced two interceptions thanks to my receivers slipping and falling on the rainy field and they came away with 7 sacks. Freshman QB, Rodney Mosley still had a decent day going 19-30 and throwing for 228 yards. The Midshipmen lose 14-48 and look to get a win next week. Well they pray for a win next week if their offensive line can FUCKING block.

12. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Houston 48
    Texas Tech 21

The #25 Cougars pick up a big win on the road in Lubbock 48-21. David Pilland in his first game back as a starter since being pulled after the 5th game of the season last year, looked pretty good, despite throwing 3 interceptions. He hit Denotay Greenberry on two deep balls that Greenberry should have scored on easily, but fell down after making the deep catches at the 10 and 7 yard line. One of those ended in a red zone interception thrown by Pilland. To start the game off, the Cougars took 3 points, and then Charles Sims took it up the middle for a 5 yard score to give the Cougars a quick 10-0 lead. Texas Tech fought back and took a 14-13 lead going into the half. Unfortunatley for the Red Raiders, that would be their last lead of the game, and their last touchdown until 1 second was left on the clock. The Cougars opened up the 3rd quarter with an interception returned for a touchdown, and back to back touchdown passes from David Pilland, his first two of the season. The Cougars would pick up another interception for a touchdown and David Pilland would throw his 3rd and final touchdown to give the Cougars a 48-14 lead late in the 4th. The Red Raiders would add a touchdown with no time remaining to make the score a little closer. David Pilland ended the day 16-27 for 405 yards and 3 touchdowns. Charles Sims finished his day with 13 carries for 110 yards and a touchdown. Deontay Greenberry ended the day with 162 yards and a touchdown. The Cougars have a bye next week before the Kansas Jayhawks come to town.

13. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

SMU - 31
    Cal - 48

The Mustangs fell short in their first week of play under a new offensive scheme, but there were some positives. SMU put together a nice first drive on the opening possession, and got into the redzone quickly with a nice mix of running and passing. Gilbert threw a pass to the freshman TE Jones on a shake route, but Jones didn't get any separation and the defender picked it off. Cal would score a few plays later on a 66 yard run by Brendan Bigelow to go up 7-0.

Three more Gilbert picks, and 225 rushing yards by Bigelow kept the Mustangs out of this one. To be fair, I forgot about using the left stick in the passing game until about the 4th, which would explain 3 out of 4 of the picks (2 of the picks came off PA passes to Jones). SMU tried to stick with the running game until they were down by three scores in the third, at that point Gilbert tried to air it out to catch his team up, but it was too little too late. FS Jason Hopkins had 6 tackles and looked solid, but he did bite on a play action and got scorched for a TD pass. Freshman LG Eddie Sims had 1 pancake, and looked very impressive all day as he opened up running lanes and protected the pass.

"We have a lot of work to do as a team if we want to compete for our division again. Gilbert and Jones were just not on the same page today (3 of 4 picks thrown to Jones, no separation), but that's to be expected early on with a new system and the freshman TE is still learning the ropes. The defense showed glimpses of hope, but they got burned on a few big plays trying to do too much and be overly aggressive. I like the effort I'm seeing, we just need to fine tune it. It's time to head back to Texas and hit the practice field hard."

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  14. fuzzyl0gic

15. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I'll be getting mine in tonight.

16. hornfaninbama

Slacker

Kasper gave me a freaking bye in week 2. That sucks.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

It's now or in the heat of the season-- hell dj illmatic 23 got a week 1 bye :)

18. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

The worst thing you can ever give someone. A week one bye:( Except for maybe -Cougars- I believe he's 0-2 in week one games now;)

19. fuzzyl0gic

I am as well, lost 49-35 to Baylor last year. I'm like the Hokies, lose my first out of conference game and then win the division every year (hopefully!).

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

or until Air Force learns how to catch and kick XP's

21. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Yea and they whooped my ass. 48-14 and then 33-7

22. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I'll play mine tonight

23. fuzzyl0gic

Can you post in here when you are done? I'm eager to play my week two game, haha. Kasper want to pass it to me in case it's late? Don't forget this time!

24. hornfaninbama

I really don't care. I was just giving you a hard time. I've got to have byes at some point right?

25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I moved back to my place for college.

Translation I will probably be up later than usual- shoot me a text if you see we are ready to go. or Steamer43 let me know when you are getting on to play if oyu can,