S2 W10 Bengals vs Cardinals

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by DU55, Jan 10, 2013.

1. DU55

DU55 Walk On

Jul 8, 2012

WEEK 10

The Bengals played host to the Arizona Cardinals this week. The Bengals were able to pull out another victory on the legs of former Jaguar Maurice Jones-Drew. The Bengals game plan entering the game was to run the ball effectively and catch the defense off guard with play action, without throwing picks. The game plan worked out pretty much as I hoped it would other than one interception by Dalton which nearly was a TD the other way.

The 1st quarter seen the Bengals go up by 14 by playing pretty good defense and sustaining nice drives that didn't try to do too much any one play. The 2nd quarter was much of the same. The Cards did get a FG out of one of their drives, but the Bengals again found the endzone as A.J. Green went in for his second TD of the half. The 3rd quarter seen the Cards find the endzone for their first time of the game as Michael Vick found breathing room long enough to chuck it to E. Dickson for the score. The 4th quarter seen the Bengals add another TD to their lead on a pass to TE Orson Charles, followed by a BOMB from Vick to Malcolm Floyd for 73 yards and a Cards score. The last points scored of the game was a FG by Cincy to add to the lead.

All in all this game came down to the Bengals defense, especially the D Line and linebacking corps. Vick was sacked 5 times in the course of the game and was hurried / pressured numerous times more. Beanie Wells got several 5-8 yard runs but was held to nothing game breaking. The Bengals MJD is making the Bengals coaching staff look like genius' because in back to back games he has rushed for 150+. He has added an element to this offense that it previously had been severely lacking in. Therefor he is the player of the game, with 30 rushing attempts for 167 yards and 1 TD, for a average per carry of 5.5 yards.

[​IMG]BENGALS 34

[​IMG]CARDS 17 gg gtstang86 Sorry about the delay in the first half, my baby girl had woke up and I had to rock her back to sleep. Thanks for being patient with me.