S2 W10: New York Jets @ Philadelphia Eagles

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Randiesel75, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

The New York Jets won their 2nd game of the season this week after a tough game in Philadelphia. After getting blown out at home by the Broncos in the week prior where the Jets only put up a paltry 65 total yards on the day, this was a must needed win in this very weak division. If not for a playoff shot, coach Randiesel needed this for a sanity check.

For the New York Jets, new starting RB Brandon Jacobs had his first breakout game of the season. Today he rushed for 116 yards on 14 carries, albeit a huge rush early in the 3rd quarter for 62 yards off the right guard. Not much to speak of in the air for newly assigned starting QB Greg McElroy who tossed a beautiful pick-6 to assist the Eagles in keeping it close in the 3rd.

While Eagles QB Frankie Henderson had a great day in the air - going 25 of 37 with 366 yards - it was the turnovers that cost him the victory today. Late in the 4th and down by 1 point it looked as though the Eagles would win on an easy field goal. However, a costly pick let dangerous CB Antonio Cromartie take it to the house on an 80 yard dash to secure the victory.

Awesome matchup PAgamer07. It was definitely a chess match out there and you know I was biting my nails off when you marched down within the 2-minute mark. Hopefully we can do it again soon and good luck the rest of the season, pal.

Cheers!

2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Yep great game Randy. Your defense played great in the red zone and we made bad decisions with the ball. My defense on the other hand sucks. I am not used to the 4-3 and the personnel we have right now are just really bad.

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Your journalistic abilities are great, but you are missing one thing......SCORE?!?!?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

haha, unreal.