S2/W10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, May 15, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

2. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

3. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Yay, six recruits committed!!!!

4. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

nope, 17-10 Final

5. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Dang :(

6. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

It was close though!

7. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Philstyle3005 can you play tomorrow? I'm available up untill 9 pm est.

8. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Time frame doesn't work for me. I won't be home from work until after 6 central, and coach my brother's little league game at 6:45 central. It won't' be done till 7:30 central at least, which would put me home around 8 central if we don't go eat. I can play after that, but not before it on either today or tomorrow.

9. Steamer43

I have a final tonight at 10 pm ct. I can probably play around midnight ct if that works. Anytime later than that works for me also.

10. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Midnight tonight doesn't work, I gotta be up by 6. I can play midnight on thursday night or really however late because I don't have to go to the office Friday.

11. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Kasper I can advance Thursday night for you if you want.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Alright, I would probably be able to do it, but I will pass it after I play BP tonight.

13. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Starter's Shine, Backup's Flop
    The #8 Miami(OH) Redhawks were back in conference action again as they took on a very underrated Eastern Michigan who was 3-5 on the year. As the title states the Redhawk's starters were magnificent and were able to build a 31-14 lead by halftime. The first quarter was very slow as the D rated Eagle defense kept the Redhawks in check offensively. Miami(OH) would break the ice with a 41 yard FG by Mason Krysinski, but it didn't take long for EMU to take the lead. The Eagles quickly went down field and scored off a QB Draw play from 3 yards out. Miami(OH) was not pleased with their first quarter performance so in the second they exploded by scoring 28 points. First things first, Dysert lead the troops down the field methodically and found a wide open WR David Frazier on an in route for the 8 yard score. EMU sputtered out after a couple of plays and were forced to punt. The train kept rolling as RB Erik Finklea broke free untouched for the 45 yard score.​
    That score would put them up by three possessions. After failing on back to back drives EMU found paydirt. Star RB Dominique White finally got past the line of scrimmage and scored in the 4 yard TD, pulling them the lead to only 10 points. Now the next two scores from Dysert really put the game out of reach and winded the already tired Eagle defense. From the very play of scrimmage the coverage broke down in the secondary giving the easy TD to WR Willie Culpepper. All Dysert had to do was wait until he got behind the LB, since the Safeties were playing the sideline, for an easy throw and catch.​
    Miami(OH) would hold EMU to another three and out and with little time left on the clock all the Redhawks could do is chunk it up. Dysert was being blitzed by two OLBs so he needed to get rid of the ball quickly. He released right when he got hit to his star WR Nick Harwell. The CB was right behind so Harwell had the positioning, caught it and took it 65 yards for the score.​
    Halftime would end 31-14 in Miami(OH)'s favor and they were getting the ball to start the second half off. The Redhawks simply dominated the first possession of the half and Erik Finklea's legs would setup the play action pass to TE Brian Slack for the TD. With being up 38-14 and just outplaying the Eagles Coach Saw immediately put in the backups. This was a decision he almost regretted due to the horrid play on defense. ​
    Right out of the gates the backups allow the 67 yard run by White. It doesn't stop there either. Thank goodness the offensive backups were a little more talented. This time RB Chrishawn Dupuy would setup QB Austion Boucher's first TD of the season. EMU decided not to cover WR David Frazier, who was moved to the outside after Harwell was taken out, and Boucher made the 52 yard throw look easy. After another couple of punts Miami(OH) thought they had EMU pinned pretty well, think again.​
    The lack of getting off blocks and over pursuing allowed the 81 yard TD again by Dominique White. White had an absolute hay day with the backups getting all of his yardage in the second half. RBs Dupuy and Bey, and QB Boucher got the Redhawks back into scoring position but failed to run the clock out so they settled for the 37 yard FG. EMU would rush down field and score one more time but it was too late. The onside kick failed and Miami(OH) would win their 4th conference game of the year.​
    Next week Miami(OH) travels to Akron to take on the 2-5 Zips!​
    FINAL SCORE: 48-34
    PLAYER OF THE GAME: QB Zac Dysert- 12/15, 281 yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

lol at them backups sawemoff -- they need another year or two!

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Northern Illinois Tops Rival Ball State 31-14

The Husky defense was straight locked in on Saturday, as they only surrendered 119 yards the entire game. Factoring sacks in, they also held Ball State to an astounding -4 total rushing yards. NIU tailback Jamal Womble was knocked out early with a bruised sternum, but 5'7 waterbug Akeem Daniels rose to the occasion racking up 74 yards on 14 attempts, including and touchdown. Frosh RB Luke Swan also registered his first collegiate score on a 6 yard scamper. The receiving corps was led by the two starters on the outside, Anthony Johnson (5 for 71 yds) and Martel Moore (8 for 93 yds TD). Moore had an impressive jump ball snag for a touchdown in the redzone. QB Jordan Lynch played arguably his best game of the year, going 15-17 for 178 yards and a TD. The junior is having an alright year so far in his first season leading the offense, but needs to work on not turning the ball over if he is really going to be a great QB in this conference (8 TDs - 10 INTs).

Overall a damn good win, and we need a good one to get us going so we can finish strong- it doesn't get any easier in the brutal MAC conference!

16. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

haha these guys probably wont ever start and for good reason

17. Steamer43

I should be home by 1 am ct if thats not too late.

18. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Pretty late but I'll stay up. I can also play after 7 central time if that works out better, baseball game is cancelled.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Steamer43

Ya sorry Im on the weat coast. Shouldnt be any later than 12:30.

20. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I'm going to advance when you guys are done. If you possibly feel like playing again, we square off in week 11, and I'm down to play. If not, I'm free after 11 pm est Friday.

21. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

If you're still up at that time I'll probably go ahead and play you man to knock it out of the way.

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Don't forget some sort of summary all you slacking whores.. I know its late in the cycle but get off your duff and write a few sentences.

23. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I can't wait up man, I'm about to pass out as it is, been a long day. Sorry.

24. Steamer43

no worries.

25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yall cool with a sim then to keep us moving?

Come '13 in this situation I would probably give another day if you could iron it out, but I want to keep scootin along for the rest of '12. That said, if you two can figure out a time to play today I'd probably be fine with it.