S2 W11 Bengals vs Texans

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by DU55, Jan 11, 2013.

1. DU55

DU55 Walk On

The Bengals traveled this week to Andy Dalton's old stomping grounds Reliant Stadium. This game was one the Bengals needed to win to improve their record and their contention for a playoff spot. The Bengals have been relatively hot as of late by winning 3 in a row.

The Texans came out on their first drive and absolutely drove the ball down the field and done anything they pleased with the defense of Cincinnati for a opening TD. After this initial drive, the Bengals defense would play absolutely spectacular for the rest of the game. The Bengals would add a FG in the first to reduce the Texans lead.

In the second quarter the offense of Cinci exploded. First a nice drive capped by a 2 yd pass to TE Jermaine Gresham, followed by a good drive and a Texan FG. The Bengals would then go on a tear with 3 nice drives back to back ending in a FG and 2 Maurice Jones-Drew TDs.

The third quarter seen the Bengals add to their lead with yet another MJD TD and a FG and in the fourth the Texans showed signs of life when K. Martin returned a Bengals punt 72 yards for 6, but it was simply too little too late.

Not sure at what points in the game all this occured, but Texans turnovers were crazy this game. I think they had a total of 4-5 fumbles total. Arian Foster fumbled 2-3 times, a WR once, and Schaub coughed it up once on a sack, coupled with a couple interceptions. Cincinnati made it through the game turnover free ( a rarity ). After the great opening drive by the Texans, the Bengals defense clamped down big time. Another game deciding factor was time of possession, which the Bengals won 25:43 to 14:17 for the Texans. Also once again Maurice Jones-Drew impressed and ran the ball nicely. This weeks performance puts him over the 1,000 yard mark on the season.

FINAL SCORE

[​IMG]44
    [​IMG]17

PLAYER OF THE GAME

MAURICE JONES-DREW
    24 RUSHING ATTEMPTS, 138 YARDS AND 3 TDs, average carry of 5.7
    [​IMG]

gg Masler . You got some terrible breaks in this one buddy that I honestly don't think were controllable. All those fumbles were outrageous. I could tell that your a better player than this game indicated, just sometimes crazy crap happens. Good luck with the rest of your season.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

GG. Those fumbles were awful, that game was determined to do everything in it's power to have me lose. Really put in a bad mood last night lol

3. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Be interesting to see if MJD will catch AP for the rushing yards title this season. He is about 220 yards behind. So barring any unforeseen issues, doubtful it happens this season. I think next season this will be a serious race in TLY.

4. DU55

DU55 Walk On

I hadn't checked who was leading but now I have more incentive to keep giving the rock to MJD.

5. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

At 9-1 and with a 2-game lead for the #1 spot in the NFC, the Vikings may do what they did last year and sit AP for the final game or two. That being said, this might end up being a tighter race than expected. AP was asked about this in a recent press conference, and replied, "I'm much more concerned about winning another ring than a rushing title."

• Like Like x 3