S2 W11: Falcons at Panthers

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Blaza, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

The NFC South just may be the most up and down division in football this season and the Atlanta Falcons' road trip to Carolina was just a microcosm of the trend theme for the year. The Falcons came to Carolina with revenge on their minds, as the NFC South's top ranked squad was soundly beaten at their place a few weeks prior. Unfortunately for the Birds, 'Bad Matt' showed and really put his team behind the 8-ball. Turnovers crushed the Falcons as Matt Ryan finished the day 13-29 for 214 yards 1 TD and 7 inteceptions. The Panthers exploded for 28 points in the first quarter and 20 in the second and held off Atlanta's attack for a 60-21 victory.

Cam Newton wowed the home crowd going 12-18 for 268 yards for 3 TDs and 1 INT and adding 31 yards and a TD on 5 carries. On defense, sophomore MLB Luke Keuchly was once again the team's defensive heartbeat. Kuechly took the team by storm after MLB Jon Beasons 4 week absence, playing lights out football. Beason returned this week, shifting Keuchly back outside, but versatile LB simply responded by picking off Matt Ryan 3 times and taking 2 to paydirt.

Next, the Panthers (6-4) play host to the high powered Saints (4-6) in another divisional rivalry game. Carolina has blood on their minds after being blown out in game 1.

GG Hokie Effect. Tough to overcome a big hole like that.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Umm yeah, not sure why I can't even give you a competitive game. But I guess I will have plenty of opportunities, until next year.......

Scary thing is even after a 7-1 start, you have a good chance of catching me for the division as I have some very tough games ahead of me. GG but I can't give you any luck for the rest of the season. I do not want to face you in the playoffs :p

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Yeah man, for whatever reason our defense just seems to light it up against your boys. I have some tough games ahead of me as well, hopefully we can scratch our way into the dance.